xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rejected

Make An Advanced Border For photoshop

How to make a cool border1.First things first, lets make a new document, it doesn't matter what size.2.Click layer>new>layer.take the polygonal lasso tool, or hit L(shortcut). now, start at an edge, click, hold shift, and start makin a border. ill show you an example, so you understand what i mean :3. Now, click edit>stroke. change it to 50 px, and outside. use whatever color you want i used black (as shown above)4.On the layer pallete, click on the F then drop shadow.change the opacity of the drop shadow to 13%click on inner shadow.leave settings defaultclick on bevel and emboss.change the size to 0click on color overlay.change it to a color you want. for a metal look, use 6d6d6d(what im using)click on stroke.change the size to 1 pixel and change the color to black.5.Now to add deatil. Use the circle marque tool, rectangular marque tool, and the polygonal lasso tool to cut out holes. hold shift to make a perfect square, or circle. once you have something selected, hit delete on your keyboard. keep on doing that until you like your product.Sorry about no images, I wasn't feeling up to doing it.P.M. me if you have any questions.

Nice, This is going to be very usefull for me when I am going to add an border to my homepage. I dont have paint shop pro but I will use fireworks instead, perhaps that it will be same as it will be on paint shop pro. B)