xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Would You Post @ Trap17 If There Were No Mycents?

Posting without myCENTs  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sure, we all love posting at Xisto. Some of us love it because it's a good community where you get to meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world and you get to make friends and learn a lot and blah blah blah! ;) The people belonging to this category are really very few.

The majority of the people here love Xisto, because it provides great hosting services at the cost of spending a few minutes per day posting here. These people would probably consider Xisto just another ordinary forum, had it not been for the lure of earning myCENTs :P

The question is, which category do you belong to? Would you honestly say that you would post here even if you didn't get anything in return? Or would you just give up and become inactive? Give a truthful answer!

There have been some members here who suggest that for a forum to be successful, it has to offer something new to the members, or it won't be very successful. But does that 'something' have to be as lucrative as myCENTs? Can't it just be quality content? It was this doubt that led me to creating this thread. Xisto definitely has a lot of quality content and I would definitely visit it regularly even if I didn't get anything in return. So that's my opinion.

Now give yours. Just cast your vote, or better still, cast your vote and explain about it through a reply - you'll get more myCENTs of course! :P

Sure, it's not myCENTS that attracted me to this website. I did register to get a host but I also registered to get more e-friends on forums, post on a friendly comminity, etc. I love this website but it's a bit too inactive when I want to post stuff.

Well, the whole reason I joined the Xisto.com forums was because I thought that myCENTS were a great way to get some free web hosting, and some GOOD free web hosting at that. I figured that I already like posting on forums, so why not earn something in return for it? However, now that I've been here a few days and I've gotten involved in conversations, I can say that I'd probably stay around even if no incentive to posting good, quality posts was offered. There are a lot of very intelligent people here and it's great to read their posts, plus there's a topic for just about anything one would want to talk about. Therefore, I think I can honestly say that even if myCENTS weren't offered, I probably would stick around and post. I just never would have found Xisto.com if it weren't for myCENTS in the first place. ;)

Hmm... Well you see there are many forums out there which offer nothing in return, and still there is lot of activity in those forums. The reason is not only the quality posting there, but also the people you meet. When you start posting in a forum you'll meet many people. Some of them will have same ideas like you and will become your friends. So you'll start posting to stay in touch with your friends. So you'll continue to discuss with your friends on your favorite topics... :PAnd some forums have member rankings and some regular competitions which gives some feeling of importance to its members. It keeps them posting there.. So, in my opinion a forum have no need to give something to become successful, there are many other things that let the members posting. The only thing is it should be somewhat unique than others... Coming to Xisto, Yes, I'll continue posting here even if there are no myCents. I have some good friends here, I'll continue to be in touch with my friends. Though I'm not much active these days due to some personal problems, I am trying my best to be active here.. ;)

I probably would not have started posting if there was no credit system for obtaining website hosting. But after posting for a while you start getting used to it and the credit system starts becoming irrelevant where you don't even think of earning for your posts when you post. But the Xisto forums has become a boredom killer; aside from moderator duties, i come here to waste time when i'm bored and don't want to work on my personal projects. Plus, i like debating here, it helps me improve and obtain certain insights.

At first it has the free hosting that attracted me to the site in the first place. Although time went by and sure enough the site atmosphere is good. I would still post here if there were no MyCents. Then again if I remember correcting I was also looking a finding a forum to join at the time I was also looking for hosting. The forum has nearly got a section for everything so it can be helpful also. The community is great. And recently people have started to be active.

I'm not really sure. On one hand, I never seem to have enough hours in the day to get everything done I really need to do. And I have to spend an awful lot of time on the computer anyway, just answering emails, putting on classified ads, and working on my web site, so I really don't have any urges to spend even more time in front of this infernal machine. I actually wish most of the time that I didn't have to spend as much time on the computer as I do now, so for that part I'd say no, I might not continue to post here if not for the paid web site hosting. But on the other hand, the folks here at Xisto are really a pretty good bunch of people. I do admit, sometimes I feel rather out of my element here, with so many "youngsters" here, and a serious lacking of old foggies, dog breeders, farmers, rednecks, and the types of people I normally hang with. So being here is really good for broadening my horizons, learning about life in other places in the world and that sort of stuff. And since my normal crowd is like me in the lacking of computer skills, this place is a great wealth of information for me in that department. So.....since you just had yes or no, I guess that means I can't vote maybe??? ;)

yeppers I sure would. you can always find something good here to post about and read. Some silly and some very interesting and true. so would I post with no mycents? Yes I sure would. and have.

I probably would not have started posting if there was no credit system for obtaining website hosting. But after posting for a while you start getting used to it and the credit system starts becoming irrelevant where you don't even think of earning for your posts when you post. But the Xisto forums has become a boredom killer; aside from moderator duties, i come here to waste time when i'm bored and don't want to work on my personal projects. Plus, i like debating here, it helps me improve and obtain certain insights.

That is exactly like me, truefusion. Actually, I wouldn't have come here at all if I wasn't searching for ways to delete an account of the co.cc free domain hosting provider. But then the sight of the positive posts that comment on Xisto lured me here, and after a while I have learnt how things work on Xisto and I signed up after three days.

I must say, though, if there wasn't any myCENTS, but it is a Post to Host forum, (like, 3 posts a month to get hosting), I will still post. And even if Xisto didn't give anything in return for posting on the forums, I would still post anyway, as I said, I can be pretty active when I want to be. However, I must say that some times I really can't find anything to post about. It's just the fact that on some days of the week, Xisto seems a little bit dead and well, just not very interesting.

So if there was abosolutely no awards or returns on Xisto, yes, I'll still post. Just not very often, and only when I see a very very very interesting post. Or when I have a question that I needed to get an answer for regarded website hosting and building questions, or just normal everyday stuff.

Just being honest and giving my two cents worth.

wow there sure are a lot of fans who would definitely stay! :P That's a really good thing. It is a common fact that most of us were attracted here by the myCENTs offer and once we settled down, we don't feel like leaving even after getting what we wanted, and that's the beauty of the forum. It's good to know that a lot of members share this thought too.

So.....since you just had yes or no, I guess that means I can't vote maybe??? biggrin.gif

Yes I wanted a bang-on answer - just yes or no. I didn't want anyone to stand on the fence so there are just two options. But I think in this "maybe" cases, the answer would tilt slightly towards "No", because "maybe" is sort of a negative thing too ;)

wow there sure are a lot of fans who would definitely stay! :P That's a really good thing. It is a common fact that most of us were attracted here by the myCENTs offer and once we settled down, we don't feel like leaving even after getting what we wanted, and that's the beauty of the forum. It's good to know that a lot of members share this thought too.
Yes I wanted a bang-on answer - just yes or no. I didn't want anyone to stand on the fence so there are just two options. But I think in this "maybe" cases, the answer would tilt slightly towards "No", because "maybe" is sort of a negative thing too ;)

Yeah, that actually a very good thing, thought I must say that I'm not surprised with this forums enthusiasm. It kinda radiates out from the posts of the members themselves, if you ask me. But to tell you the truth on the "bang-on answer", you could've just voted "View Results (Null Vote)" And no one would know... ... It doesn't really do anything but to show you the results of the poll, but you won't be able to vote after that.

So if you don't have an opinion, please don't force yourself to vote. I think that members should be allowed to have a "No comment" vote (null vote), because "no comment" is already a comment itself!!! But I also think that the poll should also show the number of "Null Voters" in the Results page, so that we actually know how many people care, and how many people don't care (or also know as how many people are "sitting on the fence").

well all it takes is a little simple maths to know how many have given a null vote - you know the total number of votes and you can see how many have voted for each option. And the difference in the numbers will tell you how many chose to give a null vote. In this poll so far everyone has voted Yes and no one has voted "maybe" though some have written that they might stay or leave.

well all it takes is a little simple maths to know how many have given a null vote - you know the total number of votes and you can see how many have voted for each option. And the difference in the numbers will tell you how many chose to give a null vote. In this poll so far everyone has voted Yes and no one has voted "maybe" though some have written that they might stay or leave.

You might be right, but most members I don't think will be bothered to do that, or even know that there is a "total number of votes" in the first place... Like me!!! Yeah, well, I didn't actually see the "total number of votes"... so I didn't see how you could work that out. But now I do... thanks to you. But either way, I really want to refrain myself from typing too much, as you can see that during my short period of stay in Xisto I have already managed to flood some places of the forum, and I do not wish to do that. But I still can't find other places that will let you earn money... I mean, I really want to give REAL money to Xisto, not just the money that Xisto gives me, as I really want to support Xisto. But as I'm not allowed to use my money in real life, the only way of doing so is the earn money online that can be transfered to Paypal, and then transfer the money from Paypal to Xisto.

But how can I do that if there aren't any "reliable" money earning sites??? That is the problem.

Yes, i'll continue to post here as i'm paid customer of xisto for 2 domains and hosting. so before mycednts i was posting here irrespective of that. and when i was inactive in Xisto, MyCents was included in Xisto. so when i was active again on Xisto i found this system and kontera as well. earlier i used to be active here only when had issue with Xisto - Web Hosting i used to post here. but now after introduction of mycents i'm actively posting here. before being paid customer i joined Xisto,only because it was offering free hosting. without free hosting i guess hardly Xisto got these much members. But after introduction of mycents, people here are spamming and posting irrelevant to topic as well as posting 1 liners. this is definitely turning off some people from posting actively here. if such posters remain active here, regular members will only post here for limited topic, will get their mycents and will logoff from community instead of being part of community.