xisto Community
Nameless_

New Tournament? All forums on T17 seem to be active except for this one.

Fellow members of the Xisto community!!!On this fateful day, I was just browsing the forums and I found this one... and it seems like this inactivity that I've found isn't the first time that it happened, as we can see from the threads below mine that it is not the first time people have wanted to request for a new tournament due to the inactivity of the threads.And well, I can see that there was a tournament that WAS set up by a fellow Xisto Graphics staff member but unfortunately, it seems like no one had submitted a submission (how sad), maybe because of the inactivity and the lack of people viewing the thread, or maybe it was because there was a "lack of prize" as it was pointed out by the organiser of the program.Either way, I am pleading all active (or still are) Xisto Graphics Staff Members to hold a new competition!!! I will most definitely join in, and I will be checking for any new tournaments that will be held!!!It is time to renew our activeness in this forum and to do that, we should hold a tournament in the attempt to start and renew the spirit and activeness of this forum, and renew our creativity and passion of graphics making!!!

I think this is a great idea. The problem that I think is occurring is that we are unable to GIVE mycents!

I would be more than grateful to give away my mycents as a prize but it is not a current feature!

I think that is partially the reason that people to not participate in the recent signature activities, the other reason is that I think the design is to restrained! I think that it should have more general rules such as free style but just limited size of the design.

I guess I will be working on this from now on.

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Yeah, that's a great idea. Well... I never knew that you could give myCENTS as a prize, but if that's possible, it'll be a great idea!Yeah, if you could work on that it be great. But we can give other prizes other than myCENTS for the time being.I don't know... I've never seen an active tournament in my time since I came here, so I don't know what people usually give as prizes for the sig comps.

Well no you cannot give mycents, and I want to work on that.

Try to convince the admins to add that feature.

Well, what do you usually give?

Like an award or something that some members have on the bottom of their signatures?

That'll be a great idea too!!!

I was thinking of putting a link up of their site on a visible place on Xisto or something for a month...

I think the inactivity came around cos Saint_Michael always won ;) Being unable to transfer myCENTs is also an issue if people want a 'monetary' prize rather than just a symbolic one, but I don't think that will be added to the system any time soon.The prize was normally a special banner you could place in your sig block that had text which advertised which competition you had won (such as "SOTW #42 Winner!"). There should still be a thread somewhere with all these in it.

I think the inactivity came around cos Saint_Michael always won tongue.gif Being unable to transfer myCENTs is also an issue if people want a 'monetary' prize rather than just a symbolic one, but I don't think that will be added to the system any time soon.

Well, That would be great if you could transfer myCENT.

I think the inactivity came around cos Saint_Michael always won ;) Being unable to transfer myCENTs is also an issue if people want a 'monetary' prize rather than just a symbolic one, but I don't think that will be added to the system any time soon.
The prize was normally a special banner you could place in your sig block that had text which advertised which competition you had won (such as "SOTW #42 Winner!"). There should still be a thread somewhere with all these in it.

Aww... is that true? Well, Saint_Michael hasn't been active for a while, and even though I'm a newbie sig maker (I've only start one month ago), I still want to try my hand at it and I consider myself pretty alright as a new sig maker...
(I made the one I'm using right now)

And I see that most old members have a sort of award thing at the end of their sig. Do you know what you can do to get one of those, or are they now disabled?

Well, That would be great if you could transfer myCENT.

Yeah, that would be great in my opinion, but wouldn't it be unfair for the people holding the competition? (Unless it's an admin or a mod)
I mean, here this person is trying to get more users to join in the Xisto forum community and he/she has to give their own myCENTS to do that, when they don't even have to hold this competition in the first place.

Maybe the myCENTS should come from Xisto instead.

And I see that most old members have a sort of award thing at the end of their sig. Do you know what you can do to get one of those, or are they now disabled?

Here's the past banners given to winners of the Sig Of The Week and Sig Of The Month competitions: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/27020-sig-of-the-week-winners-past-winners-of-trap17com-sotw/

Yeah, that would be great in my opinion, but wouldn't it be unfair for the people holding the competition? (Unless it's an admin or a mod)I mean, here this person is trying to get more users to join in the Xisto forum community and he/she has to give their own myCENTS to do that, when they don't even have to hold this competition in the first place.

Maybe the myCENTS should come from Xisto instead.

The idea is to compete for the sense of pride, the little banner and some fun ;) I think you earn myCENTs from the forums, so you would earn them when you posted your entry and when you voted and commented on the sigs.

I don't see why graphics tournaments and competitions can't be started up again, and not just for sigs but also perhaps for designing banners, avatars, wallpapers and other stuff if people want that included.

I think they should be, but if I am not wrong, there was one not too long ago and there was only one entry (I didn't enter either :-p I was busy)

I think our problem is that people don't have the motivation to do it.

Ill create a new competition tomorrow when the new week starts.

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)