xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Turbo Charge Your Internet Connection Now surf at more speed

Opera has launched Opera Turbo Beta 3 with improvements in Opera Turbo and refinements to the overall look and feel of the previous Opera 10 betas.If you don't know what is Opera Turbo then it is a compression tool for faster surfing.New Beta version supports whopping total of 38 languages :P Go and give it a try ;):P:P Also, if you are aware of any tips and tricks which you think really boost internet connection speed or can behelpful for others then post it.....

Edited by livepcportal (see edit history)

Personally I think these addons are a waste of time. When i had internet that wasn't fast I used to experiment with all these speed boosters and speed addons but they never worked. Alot of them normally ask for money or just make it look fast by caching browser data in different ways. I usually look at colosing programs tthat use internet and then go onto Firefox or Internet explorer and browse, that's all you can really do. Or buy new internet.Then again I never really liked Opera's browser interface or features. I cannot go without AdBlock Plus and UsageMeter + all the features of Firefox ;)

Personally I think these addons are a waste of time. When i had internet that wasn't fast I used to experiment with all these speed boosters and speed addons but they never worked. Alot of them normally ask for money or just make it look fast by caching browser data in different ways. I usually look at colosing programs tthat use internet and then go onto Firefox or Internet explorer and browse, that's all you can really do. Or buy new internet.

Then again I never really liked Opera's browser interface or features. I cannot go without AdBlock Plus and UsageMeter + all the features of Firefox :P

Do you really use internet explorer for surfing?

It really sucks on slower internet connection like on my connection.

Mozilla Firefox is really a fantastic web browser.

Can anyone tell me tips to improve web surfing experience in Mozilla Firefox!

I have heard about pipelining in firefox but don't know how to enable it ;)

Do you really use internet explorer for surfing?

It really sucks on slower internet connection like on my connection.

Mozilla Firefox is really a fantastic web browser.

Can anyone tell me tips to improve web surfing experience in Mozilla Firefox!

I have heard about pipelining in Firefox but don't know how to enable it ;)

Hey no, I am user of Mozilla Firefox and I love Mozilla Firefox. I got little information about pipelining in Mozilla Firefox which is below.

1. Open a new tab in Firefox (Ctrl+T) and type ?about:config? (without the quotes) in your address bar.

2. In the ?Filter:? search box, type ?network.http? (again, without the quotes.) You don?t have to hit enter.

* Look for the ?network.http.keep-alive? setting and make sure it?s set to ?true?. If it?s ?false,? double-click that line and it will change to true.

* On the same page, look for ?network.http.version? and make sure it?s set to ?1.1″

3. Now clear out the Filter box and type in ?pipelining?

* Look for ?network.http.pipelining? Right-click on that line, and click on ?toggle? and be sure the value is set to ?true? (or double-click to toggle values.)

* If you?re on a proxy, look for ?network.http.proxy.pipelining? Right-click on that line, and click on ?toggle? and be sure the value is set to ?true?. If you don?t know if you?re on a proxy or not, just set it to ?true? anyway. It won?t hurt anything.

* Lastly, look for ?network.http.pipelining.maxrequests? Right-click on that line, click on ?modify? and set the value to 8. You can set it anywhere between 1 and 8. If you notice your internet is acting weird after this, try decreasing this value.

4. Keep in mind that this may not agree with some web servers, and therefore break the webpage. I have not personally experienced this yet, but this feature is still in testing, and that?s why it?s not set to ?true? by default.

There you have it. Ignore the sites telling you to set the value to ?30.? Those same pages will also tell you to create a new value called ?nglayout.initialpaint.delay? and to set that value to ?0″. All this does is start displaying the information on the webpage sooner. nglayout.initialpaint.delay does not make your page load faster. In fact, it can make it load slower; especially on slower connections. If you create this value and set it to ?0″ you will notice the page beginning to render right away, but it will take longer to finish completely.

Source: http://ww1.egonitron.com/

hope you will enjoy it.

This seems interesting but just for one feature you can't expect people to switch to Opera even though it has quite a few disadvantages over the rest. Firefox is a brilliant browser and a lot of people are switching to it every day. But still the leader in the browser competition is IE! Do you know why?

IE has few fans and that's a well-known fact. But still, a lot of people are using it and that's because it comes along with their Windows package and they may simply not have the time to get to know about the pros and cons of other browsers. Some people do know about this but they are just too busy to make the switch.

When people are not ready to switch to more capable browsers like Firefox, how can we expect them to switch to a less popular browser like Opera? ;)

Wow I may have to get this very soon.
But is it better then Firefox?

A bit about it:

About Opera Link
With Opera Link you never have to leave your browser information behind. Opera Link makes your bookmarks and other useful information available wherever you go - at work, at home, on your phone and on the road. Synchronize your bookmarks between multiple computers and even Opera Mini on your mobile phone, or log on to the Web version of Opera Link (which is useful if you happen to use another browser but still want to access your Opera bookmarks).
Keep your life together with Opera Link

Opera Link synchronizes your browsers so that you always have your browser data wherever you are. Opera Link makes your bookmarks and other useful information available wherever you go - at work, at home, on your phone and even on the road.

Opera Link synchronizes your:

* Bookmarks
* Speed Dial
* Personal Bar
* Notes
* Typed browser history
* Custom searches

Learn how to start using Opera Link in the Get Started section
Simple and automated

Log in once, and Opera will keep your browser data synchronized until you log out. Once you turn it on, the synchronization process is automatic and you can choose which information (bookmarks, Speed Dial, notes) you want to synchronize across your various installations of Opera.
Your security is paramount

Opera Link keeps your browser information safe in case your hard drive crashes or you forget your laptop on the bus. A copy of your information is securely stored in a remote location, and all you have to do is log in to Opera Link to get it back.

I've heard of Opera Turbo yeah. But I don't really like these modified programs as I don't really believe it'll increase your internet connection speed, I am okay with the normal Opera and Mozila.

Did you know all of this software and tweaks you do usally make your connection slower or do not change it at all. The only way to get a faster connection is to ask your provider for a better and faster package or switch providers all together to something like Virgin Media who are the fastest broadband company in the UK. If you know to you can get a 50MB download and upload speed from them. However it does require some special tweaking ;).

Take a look at some of these Internet Speed Boosters available

Google Web Accelerator 1.0.93.116

It is an add-on which promise to speed up your internet surfing on broadband connection. When a page is visited for a second time, Google uses page-saving devices like content 'prefetching' to ensure it is displayed as quickly as possible.It is available for Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Ashampoo Internet Accelerator 3.10

After analyzing computer it optimizes all the relevant settings with a single click. We  just have to select the automatic optimizer and thats all your internet connection has been optimized for maximum speed. The new version also includes an Internet connection speed test tool and if you are an advanced user you can still access all the individual settings and adjust them manually. 

What is new in the version :

New layout

Boost and configure Internet Explorer and Firefox

Internet Cleaner – Now you can quickly erase your surfing history

Hosts File Checker – Protects you from against spyware

Interactive auto-check for key Internet access settings

It sounds good but note that it is not a freeware you will have to buy this software or you can download its trial version(10 day trial+ 30 day after email registration) to use it.

If you know or use any other internet speed booster which really improves the net speed then please tell me....

Edited by livepcportal (see edit history)

Oh I am stuck with firefox 3.5 which is really fast and I can't change it. I cannot find any other similar browser. I sometimes use IE8 when something goes wrong with firefox. I have build my entire web navigation through firefox, add-ons and plug-ins. Well I used to try opera sometimes ago but didn't like because it wasn't compatible with lots of application. Though this release makes me give a try to Opera.

Oh I am stuck with firefox 3.5 which is really fast and I can't change it. I cannot find any other similar browser. I sometimes use IE8 when something goes wrong with firefox. I have build my entire web navigation through firefox, add-ons and plug-ins. Well I used to try opera sometimes ago but didn't like because it wasn't compatible with lots of application. Though this release makes me give a try to Opera.

Yes, you should try it. After all its a freeware and you don't have to pay money for trying it and maybe

after using it you may become a fan of Opera 10.

Here is some more information about Opera Turbo for your convenience

Opera Turbo is a new feature in Opera 10 Browser that allows a page to load much faster. It do this by compressing the image, Opera?s servers will compress the images and other graphic elements from a webpage and send them to your browser, resulting in a faster load time.

It is suitable for those users who are using a slow internet connection, such as dial-up or are using a crowded Wi-Fi connection or using their mobile phones to surf net. It is available for desktop computers, mobile phones, and other Internet-enabled devices. It compresses the network traffic by up to 80% and ensure a superior browsing experience.

Since it compresses data before showing it in the browser you can sava a lot of MBs and KBs and thus can save money from a freeware if you have a data usage based plan.

Think about it and if possible give it a try. If you don't want to try it then its your decision well I am using it.

For those who wants to stick with Internet Explorer here is a simple trick which you can apply to make pages load faster in internet explorer. Just follow the steps to apply the trick.

STEP 1

Click on start button and select Run

STEP 2

Type "regedit" as it is without using double quotes.

STEP 3

From the left side of the window find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings? and then left click the "Internet Settings" folder once.

STEP 4

In the main window, you will see two items titled ?MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server" and ?MaxConnectionsPerServer?. If they are not there then you must create it. To create it just right click inside the main window, select ?New? and then ?DWORD Value". Name this first value ?MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server".

Follow the same process to create ?MaxConnectionsPerServer".

STEP 5

Double click ?MaxConnectionsPerServer? and set the value to 6 if you?re using a dial-up connection otherwise set it instead to 14. Repeat this process for ?MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server?. If your connection become unstable then decrease the value one by one until it become stable.

STEP 6

Finally close the registry editor and launch Internet Explorer to test the changes.

Everything is done. You have just applied the trick.

Hey no, I am user of Mozilla Firefox and I love Mozilla Firefox. I got little information about pipelining in Mozilla Firefox which is below.
hope you will enjoy it.

Thank you very much!

I have successfully enabled pipelining in mozilla firefox but still I can't see any improvement in browsing experience. ;)

Is there any other way to make browsing experience in Mozilla Firefox little more better? 

Yeah, not many people here use Opera, they use Firefox or Internet Explorer. I use Firefox all the time. I don't know how I can speed Firefox up more then pipelining unless there is actually another way of speeding up my connection, that'd be great. But I know that some TuneUp tools have that option where you can speed up connection. I'll have a look around.

Hi guys! I have searched a lot and I found some tricks which claims to improve speed in firefox 10 to 30 times. Take a look I hope it might help you. Good luck.

01. Type about:config in the address bar and then press Enter.And you will see a confirmation message like this:
Now click I'll be careful, I promise!

02. You will see a label there Filter, just next to it type network.http.pipelining. Now be sure the value field is set true, if not double-click to set true.

Info: HTTP is the application-layer protocol that most web pages are transferred with. In HTTP 1.1, multiple requests can be sent before any responses are received. This is known as pipelining. Pipelining reduces page loading times, but not all servers support it!

03. Go back to the Filter search bar and type network.http.pipelining.maxrequests Double-click this option and set its value to 8.

04. In the Filter search bar and type network.http.proxy.pipelining Once opened double-click on it and set it to true.

05. Type network.dns.disableIPv6 in the filter search bar and set this option to true by double clicking on it.

Info: In IPv6-capable DNS servers, an IPv4 address may be returned when an IPv6 address is requested. It is possible for Mozilla to recover from this misinformation, but a significant delay is introduced.

06. CONTENT INTERRUPT PARSING
This preference controls if the application will interrupt parsing a page to respond to UI events. It does not exist by default.
Right-click (Apple users ctrl+click) anywhere in the about:config window, select New and then Boolean from the pop-up menu. Then:
A. Enter content.interrupt.parsing in the New boolean value pop-up window and click OK.
B. When prompted to choose the value for the new boolean, select true and click OK.

07. Rather than wait until a page has completely downloaded to display it to the user, Mozilla applications will regularly render what has been received to that point. This option controls the maximum amount of time the application will be unresponsive while rendering pages.
Right-click (Apple users ctrl+click) anywhere in the about:config window, select New and then Integer from the pop-up menu.

A. Enter content.max.tokenizing.time in the New integer value pop-up window and click OK.
B. You will be prompted to enter a value. Enter 2250000 and click OK.

08. CONTENT NOTIFY INTERVAL
This option sets the minimum amount of time to wait between reflows. Right-click (Apple users ctrl+click) anywhere in the about:config window, select New and then Integer from the pop-up menu.
A. Type content.notify.interval in the New integer value pop-up window and click OK.
B. You will be prompted to enter a value. Enter 750000 and click OK.

09. CONTENT NOTIFY ONTIMER

A. This option sets if to reflow pages at an interval any higher than that specified by content.notify.interval. Right-click (Apple users ctrl+click) anywhere in the about:config window and select New and then Boolean from the pop-up menu.
B. Type content.notify.ontimer in the New boolean value pop-up window and click OK.
C. You will be prompted to choose the value for the new boolean. Select true and click OK.

10. Notify Backoffcount
This option controls the maximum number of times the content will do timer-based reflows. After this number has been reached, the page will only reflow once it is finished downloading. Right-click (Apple users ctrl+click) anywhere in the about:config window and select New and then Integer from the pop-up menu.
A. Enter content.notify.backoffcount in the New integer value pop-up window and click OK.
B. You will be prompted to enter a value. Enter 5 and click OK.

11. CONTENT SWITCH THRESHOLD
You can interact with a loading page when content.interrupt.parsing is set to true. When a page is loading, the application has two modes: a high frequency interrupt mode and a low frequency interrupt mode. The first one interrupts the parser more frequently to allow for greater UI responsiveness during page load.

The low frequency interrupt mode interrupts the parser less frequently to allow for quicker page load. The application enters high frequency interrupt mode when you move the mouse or type on the keyboard and switch back to low frequency mode when you had no activity for a certain amount of time. This preference controls that amount of time. Right-click (Apple users ctrl+click) anywhere in the about:config window and select New and then Integer from the pop-up menu.
A. Enter content.switch.threshold in the New integer value pop-up window and click OK.
B. You will be prompted to enter a value. Enter 750000 and click OK.

12. NGLAYOUT INITIALPAINT DELAY
Mozilla applications render web pages incrementally, they display what??s been received of a page before the entire page has been downloaded. Since the start of a web page normally doesn't have much useful information to display, Mozilla applications will wait a short interval before first rendering a page. This preference controls that interval. Right-click (Apple users ctrl+click) anywhere in the about:config window and select New and then Integer from the pop-up menu.

A. Enter nglayout.initialpaint.delay in the New integer value pop-up window and click OK.
B. You will be prompted to enter a value. Enter 0 and click OK.

That's it! Now restart Firefox and your browsing as well as downloading speed will be much more faster. Hopefully, now surfing speed would have increased atleast by 10 times.