xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

Best Cell Phone Provider: Verizon Wireless Or At&t?

Even though I have Verizon, I would have prefered to go with AT&T. They have the ability to use SIM cards (meaning you can use old phones without having to go and register them). Plus, they have the iPhone. Verizon's support has always been VERY bad for me, and I think that the internet prices are bad, and I don't like how you can't use a WiFi PDA without a data plan. Post your thoughts.

Even though I have Verizon, I would have prefered to go with AT&T. They have the ability to use SIM cards (meaning you can use old phones without having to go and register them). Plus, they have the iPhone. Verizon's support has always been VERY bad for me, and I think that the internet prices are bad, and I don't like how you can't use a WiFi PDA without a data plan. Post your thoughts.

Well... I couldn't possibly say or comment but what I have heard from people.
That At&t is the best.

- Dark Archer ;)

Verizon to ATT&TBest Cell Phone Provider: Verizon Wireless Or At&t?Replying to FruitRocksI was a customer of Verizon (phone/internet) for many years and I am new to ATT&T with my cellphone. Verizon is good at giving you a run-around when you switch your account with other carrier. This was also true when I switched my landline phone and internet service. Being new with ATT&T, I hope it would be different.

If you're rushing towards AT&T for the iPhone, stop.AT&T iPhone customers are actually looking to make the switch to another provider because AT&T was not ready for the sudden influx of iPhone users and is in a jam trying to work on improving its network to support the existing 3G technologies as well as investing in 4G ventures... and right now, things aren't that great.Depending on your area of coverage, you may or may not get great coverage for AT&T. The iPhone KILLED network usage, so data is constantly bogged down. Call quality with the iPhone is also terrible in parts of the nation... I witnessed the president of our company have to recall the same client four times because his iPhone and the AT&T network was constantly dropping his calls, even with good signal.Obviously, some people have luck. You may or may not.Verizon is kind of a give-and-take. I was planning on going with Verizon, and I still will be, even after learning that the phones don't utilize a SIM card equivalent. The coverage is a bit better than most, and Verizon covers rural areas better than other carriers. There's a reason why it's doing so well, but I don't think most people realize the SIM deal until after they sign on, and even with the higher costs with plans, I suppose that it's worth paying for coverage in the spots that you would need it as opposed to being stuck with another carrier that struggles at best to maintain call quality or even be able to initiate a call.Choose a carrier that fits your needs. Some people love to flock to carriers because of their fancy phones, but the iPhone is living proof that... well, it's better as a PDA do-it-all than it is a phone, ironically. Check your coverage, do some peer reviews IN YOUR AREA, and if you can, borrow a phone to check coverage in the places you frequent. Make the phone and the carrier work for you, not the other way around.

Replying to iworld200Well at&t is not the best and they do require a data plan for pda phone in fact they do so in a manner which is deceiving to their customers because when you log on to their site to upgrade your phone there is no mention of a requirement to buy a data package for a pda or smart phone only a requirement to buy a data package in order to receive a rebate. I have been on the phone all day about a pda phone I wanted and was basically told that I ether had to accept a data package "I don't want or need" or find a non pda phone "which I also don't want" I have been a customer with them for almost TEN YEARS. Personally I feel at&t's business ethics **** and should be probably be investigated, I'd suggest finding a new provider as I am going to do.

-reply by unsatisfied at&t customer

I think it really depends what plans you kind of want, some people keep you on a contract some dont.
imo, if you think at&t is good, you should definition go with it, but i've seen some bad reviews
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

"How many ways can I say avoid AT&T as a service provider of any sorts unless you have no alternative. I love my iphone, but it's like being married to the most perfect person in the world but being forced to live with the in-laws who all beat you up each day. My current foray with them is to get wireless internet service at home (only option in my area). I have now spent over 12 hours, had 4 different orders placed, with numbers, but somehow messed up by AT&T. I've had to unfreeze my credit report at my cost on 3 occasions. Still no service."
"Full disclosure: I am an AT&T stock holder because I like the dividend. But for fellow stock holders watch out when the day comes that AT&T loses exclusivity for the iPhone.

Signed 12 hours, 8 minutes and 16 seconds and waiting. Maybe tin cans connected by string, carrier pidgeons and old fashioned newspapers were actually a more content way of living. What do I like about ATT? They have the iPhone and a good stock dividend."

I use AT&T, and have never had any problems. Coverage is good in my area, and the 3G is speedy. One of my friends have Verizon, and they have great coverage too, though. I think it really comes own to what phone you want.

Both Verizon and AT&T wireless are good phone provider. It only depends whether they meet the subscriber's requirements. If it does meet your requirements then it is a good provider.

Support wise I still think that Verizon phones are better, there's always a deal and its easy to get cheap phones. At&t does have some good dumbphones and there is their blackberries and the iPhone, but Verizon has a better selection of smart phones.

Every carrier has their goods and bads. I am talking about the major 4 however, not the crappy boost, cricket, some new wireless company running off of sprints network, or any other carrier that doesnt have ever 5 percent of the market share.When it comes to Verizon, they are the BEST when it comes to overall coverage and reception in the United States. They do have a bit of shortcoming when it comes to customer service but they do handle the most corporate accounts in the united states that probably covers about 25% of their users. Plus the incentives if you work for a major corporation you can get a personal line at a discounted rate. 22% per month discount if you work at State Farm for example.ATT does have a faster 3g network, however what is the point of having a faster 3g netowork if your customers barely get to use it. In Las Vegas, where there is nothing but a flat desert, T-Mobile has excellent coverage of both EDGE and 3G and I never had a problem with it, I even still use it today in California and the reception is great. My girlfriend in Las Vegas has of course her ATT 3G iPhone and she could never stay connected to the 3G network. IT was not just her either it was everyone with ATT! The only thing that ATT still has going for it is the fact that it has the iPhone, that will not be much longer though.T-Mobile is attracting a different type of crowd. THey may not have the best 3g network in the united states, in fact they have the worst but they have one thing that will keep them a part of the "Big 4" and that is pricing. WIth the largest 2g network with the best pricing they are now going after cricket and boost and metropcs by offering no contract plans and incredible rates. I am currently paying $69 per month (after taxes) for 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile and night and weekend, unlimited text, and unlimited blackberry data for my blackberry phone. I would like to see any other carrier even touch that with a 10 foot pole... they cant. THe best part of the whole thing is the fact that I am not locked in a contract so I can leave or cancel my plan at any time without any heavy penaltiesAnd well Sprint....... they are just sprint. The only thing that is still keeping them alive is the nextel 2way market and their government contracts for coverage which are slowly slipping away.So there you have it... you have the major arguing points for every carrier it is up to you to make the best decision based on cost, coverage and type of device that you require.

I haven't used AT&T, only Verizon. I am quite happy with the service, though. I rarely have any issues with coverage, and since more people have it than other networks (such as AT&T) I can talk to most of my friends and family for free. They also get cooler phones, not that it matters to me since I'm still on one that's about five years old. ;)