xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dawid

Rubix Cube Are you a mouse or a master?

Just wondering if anybody here has ever been stupid enough to torture themselves by buying a rubix cube. I bought one and all I can say is that this square, colourful, plastic device has plagued many hours of my free time in the past few days. I've heard of some people doing them really quickly but I'm not even close, whenever it seems as if there is a clear solution you just get bitten by a horrible clash of colours!

Rubix Cubes are simple. Im one of the people that does them fast. The trick is to remember how you mixed it then do all of the moves in reverse. See these things arent monsters. They are actually too simple. Magic squares are harder the rubix cubes. I mean its just turn it sideways and vertical to match colors. So just do as i told ya and youll be fine. Still just trust me. Its not that hard. So try it out and if u cant do it just let me know and ill see what i can do that might help u. GuySpook signing off

Child prodigies have maxed out on those things in a half a minute. Impressive, indeed, but not something I'd wanna waste my time over. Sometimes little trivialities such as a Rubix cube can retain their wonder if you refrain from deciphering their mysteries. Just pick it up every once and a while and screw around (bathroom toys!). That's the best way to keep them intriguing.

I can't remember the last time I played with a rubix cube, was probably around when I was eight and I saw it at some person's house... personally I find them quite boring... twisting a bunch of cubes around, lol I used to think they were kinda cool but now there are better ways to waste hours of my time, for example going on the internet :D

yeah, if u r the one who mixed it up then no big deal putting it right... but let it get mixed up over a period and then try rearranging it.... i dont remember when was the last time I picked it up.... but feel it very interesting.... gonna get one again soon... lets c how good I am at it now.....

actually i like them there easy to solve a side but it takes me about 20 mins 2 complete one. really

actually i like them there easy to solve a side but it takes me about 20 mins 2 complete one. really

I've never beaten a Rubix Cube. I've got one somewhere though. Its way to muddled up to solve now. Even by an expert. Okay, it can be done, but I can't do it.

Andrew

there's a formula that is followed to solve the cube FAST, even if it is twisted and turned to a clutter of colors on every side. how fast you can go in solving it will depend on how fast you can figure out what series of moves to make based on the formula. admittedly, i have one in my desktop drawer, just something to while the time away whenever i get bored and don't feel like going online. :D i did learn the formula before, and bit by bit, i inched my way to solving the cube. once i solved it around about a dozen times or so, i consciously forgot the formula, to make it more interesting to solve. the formula takes away the pleasure of enjoying the cube after some time, although the thrill of solving it under limited time constraints has its appeal as well. :D

Google for the formula because ya know Google is a powerful tool. Dudes those online solving things take way too long. Once you give up take it apart and put it back together the right way.

Of course a rubix cube is easy if you just remember how you mixed them up... come on people, that's really not the point of the game. Let somebody else mix it up and then see how easy it is, you get some people who are ridiculously good with it.

I've played with one before. THe problem with rubix cubes is that the more you play with it, the more garbled it getz, unless you're going the right direction. I think the best I ever got my friendz was 3 sides, but then the other 3 were a complete mess :D so yea, I'm pretty bad at them.

Magic squares are harder the rubix cubes.

47559[/snapback]

I find magic squares to be so much easier than rubix cubes...I dunno, maybe it's just me...

One time I was at my friends house and she had a rubix cube and she got like 3 or 4 sides, and almost the other, only a couple colors were off. Then later I got one, and the best I did was like 2 sides, and the rest a complete mess. Then my family went on vacation and I lost it :D and that made me sad. And then after awhile I completely forgot about it...and a few years later got into magic squares...