xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

How Many Forums Are You Active In?

I know that most of the members here are active at other forums as well, based on their interests and tastes. And some of the members (including me) have their own forums and are forever looking for new members! ;) Well I just wanted to know which forums you are active in. This isn't a place where you can advertise, just leave the names of the forums (no referral links please!) and whoever is interested in that can go and check it out. I'm not giving the address to my forum since it's not ready yet, but am mentioning two forums which are my favourite.(MODS: If you feel this topic will hurt Xisto in any way, please remove it at once :P )1. Legendfire.com:This is a forum for all creative writers, where they can post their written work and get feedback from users all over the world.It is a test for your work because all the reviewers will be budding writers themselves so they will surely criticize your work with interest!2.chip.in/forums:I think most of you might have heard of the CHIP computer magazine. It is available in many countries and I'm sure each country has it's own version of these forums. This one is the Indian version and the people out there are very friendly giving advice on technical issues and buying advice, etc.and topping my list, of course, is Xisto. I don't have much time for other forums but visit these three regularly. So what about you all?

I'm active in these forums/blogs. not always but whenever i get time atleast i browse through those forums. 1) Stackoverflow: sometimes to read or to answer questions. i login via openID so my alias is my first name. but still it's hard to find out people with their real name. SOV is good site with beginner questions, as well as intermediate questions and community wiki topics. 2) Codesynapse : Sorry for shameless plug, but i own this forum so i'm active over there. ;)3) Daniweb: for some news, blog entries and web development thread are worth to keep tab on.4) CFI : also known as center for inquiry. they've some of the best discussions on topic of theology, science, technology, psychology, law etc. even though i'm not US resident i keep tab ob those forums. lot's of useful info. they even link to episodes of "Point of inquiry" podcasts. these podcasts are worth to listen. if you get time do listen to it. And on point of hurting Xisto, i don't think so. besides if we refrain from linking to other forums from here then i guess there is no problem. : )

Well, it depends on how active you have to be to be considered active. I'm a member at way too many forums mostly because I register for a short while to ask a few questions and never stick around.XistoCloseCombatOnlineUltimate-GuitarSomeBluesGuitarSiteIcan'tRememberSomeGardeningForumGuitarPrinciplesW3Schools (as a couple nights ago)Some ThreeStooges fan websiteClickerSolutionsGeocaching.comMaritimeGeocachingLine6 Support forumIndianclassicalmusic forumBOSS Support forumLostTalkeXplorist support forumThumperTalkTechSupportGuySPTFtaHQDssFeedbackTopping my list (though ironically the last one mentioned) is PCDynasty but technically I'm not a member since I kept getting erased! ;)Whew..there's probably many more. I obviously don't check them all frequently and most of them only have a handful of posts by me. Some of them I get RSS feeds from, some of them are sent to gmail (a mailing list type of community). That doesn't count all the forums that I signed up just to ask a simple question or download a file -- I hate that! They all have one thing in common though, I hardly pay attention to them! The only one I've been regularly active in lately is Xisto but if I just said Trap it'd be a boring reply. In general I often register at a forum when I become interested in whatever the forums about and then I lose interest pretty quick at stop checking it. I guess I'm a virtual rolling stone...I also have couple forums of my own which have yet to be doing anything but sitting on my web server taking up space. Can't decide which forum software to use..

I know that most of the members here are active at other forums as well, based on their interests and tastes. And some of the members (including me) have their own forums and are forever looking for new members! ;) Well I just wanted to know which forums you are active in. This isn't a place where you can advertise, just leave the names of the forums (no referral links please!) and whoever is interested in that can go and check it out. I'm not giving the address to my forum since it's not ready yet, but am mentioning two forums which are my favourite.
(MODS: If you feel this topic will hurt Xisto in any way, please remove it at once :P )

1. Legendfire.com:

This is a forum for all creative writers, where they can post their written work and get feedback from users all over the world.It is a test for your work because all the reviewers will be budding writers themselves so they will surely criticize your work with interest!

2.chip.in/forums:

I think most of you might have heard of the CHIP computer magazine. It is available in many countries and I'm sure each country has it's own version of these forums. This one is the Indian version and the people out there are very friendly giving advice on technical issues and buying advice, etc.

and topping my list, of course, is Xisto. I don't have much time for other forums but visit these three regularly. So what about you all?

I am not active in any other forums except Xisto. but before getting into this site, I had myself enrolled in dropshipper forums. I am a newbie in this Xisto.

I also have couple forums of my own which have yet to be doing anything but sitting on my web server taking up space. Can't decide which forum software to use..

I recommend using either Simple machines forum, MyBB, PunBB. PhpBB got huge learning curve, but still many people recommend it and i don't know why. My personal favorite is SMF & PunBB, if you choose SMF then i can help you. and if so SMF can get you started in few minutes. you'll be left to worry about content then : p. so install any one of those easy forum software out there. Good luck. : )

When I first got on line, there were 2 big and active pet boards, Acme Pet, and Patty's Dog Park. Acme has long since bit the dust, Patty's may still be around, but I haven't botherd to look for ages. I used to just love to go in there and get in these HUGE arguments with animal rights idiots. Oh, how they hated me! It was so much fun! So many of them were city slickers and didn't know the first dog gone thing about dogs, or any other kind of animals either for that matter. One day they were trashing other farmers in general and one poster mentioned how cruel she thought it was that milk cows were hooked up to milking machines, she was so stupid and uneducated she thought they spent their entire lives hooked up the machines. I have to admit, I was pretty shocked to find out somebody was that stupid about milk cows. But these days I just hang out at a great breeders board, USABreeders, and of course, here at Xisto. Pretty good compay here, nobody has even gave me a good cusing about raising dogs, much to my surprise. You guys are all just pretty cool.

This is a pretty interesting list so far - there's one thing in common though - very few members manage to sustain their interest in any forum after being active for a few months or so. That's why there are only a handful of members with an impressive number of posts in any forum. Even at forums like Xisto, which offers a fantastic advantage to active members, posting daily can sometimes prove to be time-consuming.

Topping my list (though ironically the last one mentioned) is PCDynasty but technically I'm not a member since I kept getting erased! rolleyes.gif

Oh come on now I said I'm sorry about that :P I'm gonna send an invitation real soon ;)

I am not active in any other forums except Xisto. but before getting into this site, I had myself enrolled in dropshipper forums. I am a newbie in this Xisto.

Well, that's like the same as me... I, however, used to be active in these other forums.

tkforums - was a mod and then promoted into an admin... but I quit because I had lots of schoolwork to tend to and I wanted to have a site of my own.
learn-telekinesis - yes, I do psychic research...... well, I will when I get my site. ;)

After a while being active in any forums becomes tedious isn't it? The enthusiasm with which we begin posting slowly wanes off after a while. I'm slowly getting that feeling while posting here and at my other forums too. I'm still interested in them, but for some unknown reason the "zing" is gone! ;)