xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonesay

Credit Card Transactions Has anyone set one up

Hello everyone! I am currently considering building a website for a project that requires credit card transactions. No paypal OK credit cards only. I need it to be secure obviously and I have read a document/article on this about a year ago. I understand you need some sort of merchant account and the setup and yearly cost of running is high so if your website is not selling you will be losing a bit of money. I have done a search on these forums and have not come across any threads relating to what I need so here I am. I would like to get any insight from anyone who has dealt with this personally or know of the process and steps required to set one up. Regards

I have done some reasearch into this subject myself, and so far have found it to be to expensive to be worth the effort to take it upon my self to do. Since purchasers can use a credit card threw Pay Pal to pay you, I decided it was easier and cheaper just to deal with Pay Pal. Is there any particular reason you want to avoid Pay Pal?I did also talk to my bank about this subject, that might be a good place for you to start with your own personal bank.

Scripting-wise, you may want to look into the credit card processing modules of PHP. I haven't tried any of them out, but MCVE looks more complete than the other. I don't know of any others, though; you could probably look at the source code of some e-commerce scripts.