xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

Content Filtering, Virus, Worms, And The Internet.

I hate all of them. I hate content filtering because of its purpose. People wonder what is stopping them, so then they want to know what it is and look at it. It's called human control, because it is impsible to stop it, and it just makes people annoyed. Today I was surfing the internet and a freakin random virus supposedly called "windows antivirus pro" popped up onto my computer. Now I have no clue on how to get rid of it. So <inserts very happy word> them all.

That's called adware and malware. You can avoid these with decent antiviruses (IMO) like Avira Premium Security Suite, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, Zonealarm (Optional, only firewall) or to get rid of these *BLEEP*es, try scanning with AdAware. Google of one of these antiviruses and adware cleaners and install them. Then I'd like to know the result. If you choose Kaspersky don't forget to turn on Anti-Banner as it's disabled by default. You could also try Malwarebytes AntiMalware, one of the best in the World but it needs license to have real-time protection.

tl;dr: If you don't want to get that, get a decent AV as I said above.

Edited by SpiderVV (see edit history)