xisto Community
Ash-Bash

I Did Not Get Paid For A Post :(

Um Hi,

I think I mostly need staff to reply to this topic.
Basically I made a post about How to get more bids on ebay http://forums.xisto.com/topic/67783-how-to-get-more-bids-on-ebay/ << There.
After that there was loads of downtime now today I come back on and I do not have the mycents from it.

Please could staff get the mycents I earned Thank-You.

The myCENTs, I believe, are granted when you first post a topic rather than when it is made visible by a staff member. You posted the topic yesterday afternoon, so are you sure you didn't get the myCENTs then? If so, and they still haven't appeared in a few hours, then we'll bring it to OpaQue and BuffaloHELP's attention as a possible bug.

I think the server crashed maybe. Reason of the downtime meaning myCENTS wouldn't update because the server was inactive, with no response to re-calculate Cents.

At the time of downtime, i posted my reply to SMF 2.0 topic. that reply was with 2 paragraph and when i hit reply i got server issue. and i found Xisto under downtime and not accessible. after that 4-5 hours, Xisto was back. so i guess i lost my reply and MyCents both are into cloud now. same is the case with most of other members i guess. Is MyCents algorithm updated ?

Hi Ash!Did you post a thread about un-paid myCENTs quite a while back? I have a weird sense of deja vu here. I believe you eventually got the myCENTs after about 4-5 days.How the myCENTs system works is a black box to most users. What we really care about is that it works and we get to use it for free web hosting and domain registration.Regards

You know, I'm not positive like you are, but I'm pretty sure I lost out on some my cents too, the day Xisto went down. I was actually on line posting when it went down. For awhile the last post I wrote didn't even show up, but it fianlly came up like the next day. And since we are on this subject, I have to say, I am totally confused about how this works. Why do the numbers bounce around so much???In the little box where my avatar is where it says "earned" it always stays about the same, $56, but the mycents bounces like crazy. One day it said $74 and I made some posts and it dropped to $30, then today I see it is up to $96. I just can't figure out the rhyme or reason to it.

Why do the numbers bounce around so much???

In the little box where my avatar is where it says "earned" it always stays about the same, $56, but the mycents bounces like crazy. One day it said $74 and I made some posts and it dropped to $30, then today I see it is up to $96. I just can't figure out the rhyme or reason to it.

The Earned counter is tracking how many whole dollars have been transferred to your account. The myCENTs counter is tracking cents (ie. when it says 56.13 it means $00.5613). When it reaches 100, it is equal to a whole dollar and gets transferred to your Earned total next time the script runs. Then it gets deducted by 100, so it can appear to bounce around as you earn cents and they get transferred.

Idea.

If somebody has a serious case and really thinks that they lost money, why doesnt a staff member delete the topic and repost it, im not sure if the credits would go away if they were never received though..

Worth a try

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

If the system was working I should of got around $1-2 but I didn't get anything the only thing I got paid for was a small post that was it. What are you going to do about this staff? Please let me know either reply back here or PM me.

If the system was working I should of got around $1-2 but I didn't get anything the only thing I got paid for was a small post that was it.

I believe the maximum you can earn for any one post is $1. If you were expecting more then you could possibly have missed exactly $1 being transferred.

What are you going to do about this staff? Please let me know either reply back here or PM me.

Moderators have no control over or access to the myCENTs system. If you really believe you haven't been credited for a post then you will need to contact an admin or the support team for help.

I believe the maximum you can earn for any one post is $1. If you were expecting more then you could possibly have missed exactly $1 being transferred.

I think that's not true.....when my brother put in a lengthy article, it was credited $3. And I think I also got $1.5 for a post I made just yesterday. There will be a limit of course, but I think it's slightly larger than $1 or $5.

I think that's not true.....when my brother put in a lengthy article, it was credited $3. And I think I also got $1.5 for a post I made just yesterday. There will be a limit of course, but I think it's slightly larger than $1 or $5.

I must say I don't really know about that.... I sometimes made many several lengthy posts on different topics and the most I get out of it is $3, for quite a few of those posts. If this is the case then we should change the line "the bigger and the longer you post, the more you make" into "the bigger and longer you post, the more you make unless you cross the $1 limit of post earning".....

And that mean that more than half of my posts could be half as short and I'd still make as much money as I'm earning right now....
Awwwww.....