xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stopthewarm

The Worms 3d Sucks!

The new worms 3d is a simple example that shows what happens when you try to make it big making things complicated and high graphic intensive and forget that users like simplicity more than anything. This worms has nothing but almost the same weapons in 3d, added a helicopter flying and sending those aerial attacks. The game usually ends with the winner who starts first. He hits you once, ouch. He hits you then, ouch. This keeps on going. No gaming and stuff. No skill in that bazooka. Just aim the guy clear and it hit him. The previous worms was so simple but entertaining. I remember my friends coming together and playing it and those meteor showers. I would rate the previous worms a 100 i would rate this one 0.1.

The new worms 3d is a simple example that shows what happens when you try to make it big making things complicated and high graphic intensive and forget that users like simplicity more than anything. This worms has nothing but almost the same weapons in 3d, added a helicopter flying and sending those aerial attacks. The game usually ends with the winner who starts first. He hits you once, ouch. He hits you then, ouch. This keeps on going. No gaming and stuff. No skill in that bazooka. Just aim the guy clear and it hit him.
The previous worms was so simple but entertaining. I remember my friends coming together and playing it and those meteor showers. I would rate the previous worms a 100 i would rate this one 0.1.

May i add, 'Simple but addictive' ;)

The original worms is far better than the new revamped versions. Yeh fancy graphics and all but they forgot to add the Simple and addictive part. Now it's more like "Technical and lame". The people from Team17 went the wrong way with a excellent game.

Yes, they really messed up the whole series of games with the fancy '3D games' like Worms 3D and Worms Mayhem (though this last one is better than '3D') because they removed the simpleness and cuteness from the original 2D series and revamped the whole user interface to worse.The original games are really far better and you're better off playing couple of games with your friends then playing some of the 3D games online.Also I remember 2-3 years ago when I loved playing Worms: Armageddon and WWP there still were 5-10 regular players on the WormNet servers so you could play a game or 2 with them...Hell, nothing beats the awesome 'hotseat' mode of Worms which made my player not want to play against me because we were close to killing eachother (I used defensive techniques - buried myself in the ground so he couldn't reach me) and I had excellent ninja rope abilites which he hadn't so he stopped playing with me saying a couple of stupid excuses... ;)

I played three versions of worms, I'm not sure how many there are as I started losing interest once all the new school Worms were on the horizon. I used to love Worms and played it all the time. Seriously, how long can a man play with worm on a ninja rope before he's labeled insane? I must have spent a lot of time swinging back and forth. It's amazing how such a tiny part of such a simple game could be so amusing.I don't think it's just the game developers faults. The gaming world today demands flashy visuals. It's what appeals to young people today I think. It's a shame because there was so much fun to be had in games with simple 2 dimensional visuals and simple controls. I'm not saying they can't make fun games involving HDtv and 10 button (I just said 10, don't take it literally) controllers, but people today seem to have a standard and that excludes a lot of the fun games styles/genres of the past.

I played three versions of worms, I'm not sure how many there are as I started losing interest once all the new school Worms were on the horizon. I used to love Worms and played it all the time. Seriously, how long can a man play with worm on a ninja rope before he's labeled insane? I must have spent a lot of time swinging back and forth. It's amazing how such a tiny part of such a simple game could be so amusing.

I don't think it's just the game developers faults. The gaming world today demands flashy visuals. It's what appeals to young people today I think. It's a shame because there was so much fun to be had in games with simple 2 dimensional visuals and simple controls. I'm not saying they can't make fun games involving HDtv and 10 button (I just said 10, don't take it literally) controllers, but people today seem to have a standard and that excludes a lot of the fun games styles/genres of the past.

Hmmm.

Versions of Worms, well there are many out there.

For PC I think there is:

Worms

Worms 2

Worms Armageddon

Worms World Party

[maybe some more]

Worms 3D

Worms 3D [something]

and countless phone versions of Worms

The best one is Worms World Party, don't think differently.

I guess I've played Worms, Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon then. Not to get too off topic, but anyone ever play that game called lemmings? I used to like that game - back when there weren't so many games to choose from lol. I think you can play it or some remake online for a bit if anyone's feeling nostalgic. It reminds me of worms, mostly because of the tiny little creatures you have to control. Ah, games were simple then.

Yes, they really messed up the whole series of games with the fancy '3D games' like Worms 3D and Worms Mayhem (though this last one is better than '3D') because they removed the simpleness and cuteness from the original 2D series and revamped the whole user interface to worse.
The original games are really far better and you're better off playing couple of games with your friends then playing some of the 3D games online.

Also I remember 2-3 years ago when I loved playing Worms: Armageddon and WWP there still were 5-10 regular players on the WormNet servers so you could play a game or 2 with them...

Hell, nothing beats the awesome 'hotseat' mode of Worms which made my player not want to play against me because we were close to killing eachother (I used defensive techniques - buried myself in the ground so he couldn't reach me) and I had excellent ninja rope abilites which he hadn't so he stopped playing with me saying a couple of stupid excuses... :lol:

Exactly those people who have played the earlier versions of this game lament like hell. Once you have know the best and then you see its worst! I used to love it playing multiplayer with my friends on the same computer. We used to quickly change places and then play. The scene was like 7 people surrounding the whole pc and watching anxiously. My mom would have thought we were watching something else! Hehe.

We used to plan match fixing hours before we actually played. Just imagine how close we were to the game. I think they made a big mistake. A better thing to do would have been adding a bit more weapons and places or things from which more strategies could been used.

worms is better left 2D...i feel 2D worm games are better than the 3D ones....I have played worms world party..n i really liked it.....its fun with all d diff types of weapons....in 3D it is more complex..n shooting is much difficult, unless ofcourse u hav some locking system or something....welll 4 me WWP was the best