xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Whats The Story Behind Your Username?

I will start with mine. ;)-Sky-: Well, a very sort of strange but original name. :P I look up at the blue sky outside and wonder..."why call it the "sky", clouds etc. So I have my name as Sky. I have very different names. Ice, Sky, ComRadKeL, Ice.Man, Skyed, CTurBoX etc. :P There's not much detail for me to write down.So, what's the story behind your username?? :P Come on, don't be shy. Blab it out guys. :D

Mine's pretty straightforward: I just like the sound of the word. The actual meaning is essentially a funny little trill sound in musical terminology, but so far I've had few problems with using it as a name. Aside from that, namely where someone's taken "Mordent" before me, I tend to use "Tidher" for no real reason other than it's - again - a word that I like. This one doesn't mean much, though. ;)

My username is from back in 8th grade when I was working with someone else to create a website for Final Fantasy 9... We didn't really get anywhere on it, but in the process of looking for a name we came up with "rpgsearcherz" (or I did... Hence why I use the name now, ;)).It more or less stands for "RPG (role playing game) Researchers"But it's unique so it's easy to get usernames with it rather than having to go with name2838042342 or whatever.My original username was Raptor, which comes from the old Dos game Raptor (overhead flying game where you destroy things)

Ok well my name on Xisto is simply my last name. Although for other websites I use either Orcamoda or Orca.I got this name from two PC program companies. I used to use alot of the Macromedia and Adobe software back in the day and decided to use a name called "Adomacro" which is simply Adobe and Macromedia put together "Ado Macro". Then I got bored and decided to spell it backwards and i got "Orcamoda". Then I got even bored and decided to take the last 4 letters off the name and I end up with "Orca". My main gamer name is now "Orca".

Well, I'm sure why I'm called Nameless_ if you've been to my profile page, but I'll put it up here again anyway...Firstly, I want to become nameless because well, I just want to be known as Nameless. I want to remain anonymous and not post my personal information out if I can avoid it. This includes, age, sex (yes, sex as well!), name, location and everything else...And I'm Nameless_ with an underscore (_) after my name because:1) There is already a user that registered with that name (Nameless without an underscore) in 2008, so I can't use it.2) Nameless_ with an underscore looks better than any other name that I can think up of, and it makes me look better in my opinion3) Nameless_ allows me to put an apostrophe s ('s) after my name without it looking too retarded due to the overwhelming amount of s's in my name (in my opinions)Which one do you prefer?Nameless'sor Nameless_'s?So yeah... that's it, I guess. And I'm also known as name that are similar to Nameless on the online community. Here are a few:NamelessNameless_Nameless Soulnameless_soul_nameless_soulNameless Onenameless_oneI think you get the idea... so that's it, I guess. There's a few more, but I won't put it up.nameless_one_

Simply for me, it had to be some kind of dog, and I am particularly found of Old English Sheepdogs, and Sheepdog is a lot easier to type than Schnauzer. Oddly enough my real last name is another breed, just not one I have. And by the way Sky, did you know that Skye's are also a dog breed? The rather famous Grayfreyers Bobbby was a Skye Terrier. (the dog that layed on his masters grave for 14 years until he passed away, talk about loyalty!)

Hi!My username is simply my name with my initials. It's quite easy to get without having to add my birth date, the current year, or any other suffixes.I didn't know Schnauzer was a dog breed, but I did hear about Skye Terriers.I always asked people why they picked their email addresses. I had a classmate a long time ago who would always pick words that were opposites, like "hoticicle" or "blackmoon"... an icicle is never hot, and the moon is never black. He always managed to get the usernames he picked as most people would think of such names.-Nitin

Hi!
My username is simply my name with my initials. It's quite easy to get without having to add my birth date, the current year, or any other suffixes.

I didn't know Schnauzer was a dog breed, but I did hear about Skye Terriers.

I always asked people why they picked their email addresses. I had a classmate a long time ago who would always pick words that were opposites, like "hoticicle" or "blackmoon"... an icicle is never hot, and the moon is never black. He always managed to get the usernames he picked as most people would think of such names.

-Nitin

Well, opposite names usually sound cool, it's a juxtaposition...

Things like flufflyplanet and things are always attractive, thought I sometimes use liquidfire and liquidblue (sorry, name's been taken, no snatching!)...
Though I think blackmoon and hoticicle doesn't sound too good in my opinion...

RayzorEdge: I don't remember when I made this up, but it was just a play off of my first name and a razor edge. Sharp, cutting commentary from a preteen boy who didn't know any better... and doesn't know much up to this point, either. :P Other people have come up with RayzorEdge too, so for the most part, I add a dot to still claim the name if I can (rayzor.edge).RayzorEdge911: A variation to my main username when it's already taken. I added the 911 originally because of 9/11, but then that kind of changed to the whole emergency thing... I pride myself in trying to learn anything I can to be able to help and protect others, which explains why I'm in the Army, a weapons enthusiast, a military geek, and a medic in the U.S. Army Reserves. ;) JetChowMein: I also use this screen name from time to time when I can't use RayzorEdge and when I just don't care. It's a combination of things: a lot of people mention Jet Li when they see me, and the Chow Mein came up because an army buddy of mine called me that just because I was Asian.-I can already see it now... people will be using Google to get every single bit of information off of our MySpace, FaceBook, Friendster, Tag, and other social network profiles, not to mention e-mails, forum participation...What have we done?!

Most people who look at my username think that I'm a fan of Wayne Rooney, but I don't even watch soccer! :P My inspiration comes from the character Ned Flanders from the show "The Simpsons"My username story is really silly, and I don't know how I came up with it in the first place. While I was registering here all the possible combinations with my real name were already taken, so in desperation I typed out "kasper" (I had watched the movie "Casper" the previous night) but even that name was taken!!! Then I remembered how Ned Flanders says silly words ending with -diddly, -oodly and sometimes -ooney. So I simply choosed kasperooney and it worked! ;)That's a really silly story but at least it worked and I got into the forums. But given the chance I would surely change it, because later when I searched google, I found out that this name isn't unique at all! :P

That's a good question. I enjoyed seeing all the interesting ones. On the other hand, I'm very original. My first name is just plain "Ruben"