xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

Work In Progress - Aion Legion Website

Hey all, I'm wondering what you think about a current work-in-progress I have, an Aion legion website.To give a little background, Aion is a new MMORPG and a legion is a guild/clan in the game.The address to the site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ takeover.com/aion(remove the space - it is there so Google does not index that address, as it will not be the address of the site forever)Some features of the site:The website and forums use a mixed userbase. Sign up on the website and you will automatically be logged in and signed up to the forums.Under the "Apply" section there is a small application that automatically posts your answers in the forums (the only way to make new threads in "Applications" is by using that application - normal topics are blocked - however you can reply to topics)There is a calendar where users can sign up to events (on the right side) - it tells the date, time, who is running the event, what game (in the case of a community), what type of event, etc.There are "Event" sections for posting recaps or whatever.Media section for videos/pictures to go.News section (Updates) for the legion.Recruitment area on the left so users can see what classes we are looking for and how high our need is.Poll for various legion decisions.Ventrilo status so you can see who is online.Member list - this is used for separating users into categories based on their ranks.I'm thinking about expanding the project into a multi-game website as well.Either way, please give input - what do you like or dislike? What would you change and why? Do you think the site looks good?(Note : The navigation bar will be changed, I'm just trying to figure out what order the links should be in)Thanks guys.

Nothing to comment about. Its all there, needed by a Legion. Whats important is if you have the core members that will stay loyal? I have seen many Aion legions going down due to lack of members to start with.

Nothing to comment about. Its all there, needed by a Legion. Whats important is if you have the core members that will stay loyal? I have seen many Aion legions going down due to lack of members to start with.

I'm not running a legion on Aion, and my current legion doesn't want the website because the owner wants to use it but doesn't want me to have any admin privs or anything for it, lol.

I'm just making the site for fun to learn. Sadly my creativity is a little.. Dull.. Which is why I need the input.

So you feel I hit on pretty much all the bases for a good legion?

I don't know what Legion or Aion is, but I must say your site is looking very good!I like the fact that the game and the forums has a mixed database, as I always find it annoying having to sign up again for the forums and so I usually don't (so by doing that you have made potential forum-contributing members that wouldn't have signed up able to contribute to the forums, and traffic is always good for sites)Everything is very good, apart your intention of making it a multi-game site... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't sound like a good idea. I would prefer to have one game for one site, if you know what I mean. Also, if I was one of your Legion members, I don't think I would be too happy if the site shares space with another game... but that's just my two cents worth.

I don't know what Legion or Aion is, but I must say your site is looking very good!
I like the fact that the game and the forums has a mixed database, as I always find it annoying having to sign up again for the forums and so I usually don't (so by doing that you have made potential forum-contributing members that wouldn't have signed up able to contribute to the forums, and traffic is always good for sites)

Everything is very good, apart your intention of making it a multi-game site... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't sound like a good idea. I would prefer to have one game for one site, if you know what I mean. Also, if I was one of your Legion members, I don't think I would be too happy if the site shares space with another game... but that's just my two cents worth.

Well if it was to share I would go very in-depth into it. Each game would have it's own website theme there but they would all be intertwined with one another in databases and everything (there would be a link at the top with the game names and clicking one would take you to another section of the site).

As for the forums, all forums would be hidden except for the game someone signed up for (or games). So for example... Let's say it was Aion, Warhammer, and Lineage II.

If you signed up as a L2 member you would see these sections:

General
Lineage II

If you signed up as a Warhammer member you would see these:

General
Warhammer

If you signed up as all 3 you would see these:

General
Lineage II
Warhammer
Aion

So in a sense everything is still separate, yet they are all run from the same area, and are essentially part of the same site. Along with this, each game's section would have it's own customized version of the front-page, depending on what is deemed as necessary for each game. So there wouldn't be Aion stuff on the L2 page or anything.

I think that is a great website. I don't play MMORPG's too much excluding QuakeLive which I stopped playing for a month now but the skin is f*cking awesome, I'd say keep up the good work and hope you get a lot of members. If you could make the game into the website, that would be even better! ;)Good Luck with it.

I think that is a great website. I don't play MMORPG's too much excluding QuakeLive which I stopped playing for a month now but the skin is f*cking awesome, I'd say keep up the good work and hope you get a lot of members. If you could make the game into the website, that would be even better! ;)Good Luck with it.

Not leading a legion/trying to get members. Just having fun, :P.

I'm in another legion but as I said before, the leader says if we use it he pretty much wants full control over it, so we won't even be using it for that legion, lol.

I'm preparing to reveal another site soon that is going to be full-fledged and I think would be relevant to *many* people here (it's not related to gaming, that's the only hint I'll give).

As for the legion site, I'll mess with it some more when I get extra time.

And thanks for the reviews guys, but I need to know what you hate about the site (if anything), :P. Constructive criticism goes a long ways for me because it keeps me from making mistakes that drive people away.

(As for "making the game into a website," I assume you mean the background and colors - make them relevant to the game... I can do that so it'll be one of the first priorities when I get back to working on the site again)
Edited by rpgsearcherz (see edit history)

Not leading a legion/trying to get members. Just having fun, ;).
I'm in another legion but as I said before, the leader says if we use it he pretty much wants full control over it, so we won't even be using it for that legion, lol.

I'm preparing to reveal another site soon that is going to be full-fledged and I think would be relevant to *many* people here (it's not related to gaming, that's the only hint I'll give).

As for the legion site, I'll mess with it some more when I get extra time.

And thanks for the reviews guys, but I need to know what you hate about the site (if anything), :P. Constructive criticism goes a long ways for me because it keeps me from making mistakes that drive people away.

(As for "making the game into a website," I assume you mean the background and colors - make them relevant to the game... I can do that so it'll be one of the first priorities when I get back to working on the site again)

Let me guess... the site is about website making? Well, you said you think it would be "relevant to *many* people here"... so that's why I said that.

For constructive criticism, I would say that the white background is a bit plain... try something different, though I don't really know what. You have done more than what I hope to achieve, so I really don't have anything to say... really.

Let me guess... the site is about website making? Well, you said you think it would be "relevant to *many* people here"... so that's why I said that.
For constructive criticism, I would say that the white background is a bit plain... try something different, though I don't really know what. You have done more than what I hope to achieve, so I really don't have anything to say... really.

Your guess is wrong. It's more of a "relevant to almost everyone" whether you are part of this site or not.

And what do you mean by the white background?

I think you went to clantakeover.com instead of clantakeover.com/aion

;)

The first one I ditched long ago when I quit running clans/alliances in games. The second one is the experimental one.

Your guess is wrong. It's more of a "relevant to almost everyone" whether you are part of this site or not.
And what do you mean by the white background?

I think you went to clantakeover.com instead of clantakeover.com/aion

;)

The first one I ditched long ago when I quit running clans/alliances in games. The second one is the experimental one.

Ah, right... oops... sorry!

Yeah, I went to the other one. I like the way your background is like, transparent though, I would like to know how you did that.
The experimental one looks good.

The only thing (well, only two things) I would like changed in the banner at the top, where it looks too thin and it looks like you can make it thicker and maybe put a better logo or image up on the top.

The second thing will the the Ventrilo box on the bottom right hand corner. The white looks too out of place with your fancy background, and it stands out when it shouldn't. It draws the attention of the viewers eye to the box and not the "Mock Event".

But how did you do that? That is fantastic! Do you use Logic Plan, or Logic PRO?