xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

Xisto Support

I want to start off by saying "wow..." The amount of support Xisto has given me lately is more than I could have ever expected, especially considering I'm on the $1.95 a month plan!To explain the issue I had, my website all of a sudden stopped working. I and Xisto went back and forth through at least 30 emails trying to resolve the issue and they even went as far as explaining where the issue was coming from (but couldn't figure out how to fix it). They even went through the work to restore the site to where it was a couple days ago.It still didn't resolve the issue so I ended up wiping the website completely and starting from scratch (importing the information I needed) and now it works great.Regardless, they spent hours and hours helping me on an issue that most hosts would have just said "it's your problem" to. Afterall, it was an error in my site's code, not on their server.Whether the hosting was free or not, I would definitely recommend Xisto/Xisto - Web Hosting to anyone else looking for hosting. Their actual care for customers is outstanding and I know of no other company that would treat their members the same.To support - Thanks again!

I like the way you support this hosting site, lots of people here recommend it too...I actually think the only setback is that you have to continually post over and over again to earn myCENTS, but that should really not be a problem if you keep posting questions for support on how to build your site, and answer questions on how to build other peoples site.Another setback is the lack of WYSIWYG editing programs, but I don't know whether if it's just me, as I have never used a host before and I just went to this site, so I don't even know if you are meant to code your site on their host. But either way, I can just download a WYSIWYG program or buy one, and then upload it on Xisto's server, so that should be now problem. I've been here for 3 days and I have already earned enough to start a new site for a few months...So this is actually really great!I can't actually recommend it to anyone yet, as I haven't used the service, but the forums are very positive and therefore I'll recommend this forum to any wannabe webmaster and any individuals wanting to have their own website.Cheers, Nameless_

Xisto is certainly the best host available these days. Free hosting/domain registration backed up by an excellent support staff.....it's impossible to find something like this elsewhere! And there is actually very little to complain about.

It's only fair that the rule about posting continuously be enforced, because we're paying for what we've taken, only it's in the form of posts and not money! :D Nothing in life is free and besides, it feels good to know that we're doing something to repay for what we've taken.

Regarding the lack of WYSIWYG programs, it's hardly a hiccup, because there's always the option of using a CMS or a third-party application. $1.95 for 1GB space is an excellent deal! Other hosts charge at least $5 for the same, and asking for more is not very wise :)

Whether the hosting was free or not, I would definitely recommend Xisto/Xisto - Web Hosting to anyone else looking for hosting. Their actual care for customers is outstanding and I know of no other company that would treat their members the same.

well said! Other companies just charge money and are too busy to care. Here they just ask for little time and care a lot more :P

I like the way you support this hosting site, lots of people here recommend it too...
I actually think the only setback is that you have to continually post over and over again to earn myCENTS, but that should really not be a problem if you keep posting questions for support on how to build your site, and answer questions on how to build other peoples site.

Another setback is the lack of WYSIWYG editing programs, but I don't know whether if it's just me, as I have never used a host before and I just went to this site, so I don't even know if you are meant to code your site on their host. But either way, I can just download a WYSIWYG program or buy one, and then upload it on Xisto's server, so that should be now problem. I've been here for 3 days and I have already earned enough to start a new site for a few months...

So this is actually really great!
I can't actually recommend it to anyone yet, as I haven't used the service, but the forums are very positive and therefore I'll recommend this forum to any wannabe webmaster and any individuals wanting to have their own website.

Cheers, Nameless_

As far as I remember the Fantastico installer has a WYSIWYG editor in it.

As for needing to keep posting to get credit, if you are a contributing member to the community it's not an issue anyways. I personally have enough hosting to keep both of my domains and all 3 of my sites up for at least 4 more years. I'm here solely because the input from members and my input to them is helpful. Even without any free hosting the community here would be beneficial to me. I've personally gained much knowledge I otherwise would not have had (without this community I wouldn't know as much as I do about web design, for example)

You got that right - this community is indeed very useful and the free hosting can be thought to be something of a bonus! Many people start out by knowing diddly-squat about web designing and website maintainance, but a few days of roaming in the forums is enough to give anyone sufficient knowledge about how everything works in the web world.

You got that right - this community is indeed very useful and the free hosting can be thought to be something of a bonus! Many people start out by knowing diddly-squat about web designing and website maintainance, but a few days of roaming in the forums is enough to give anyone sufficient knowledge about how everything works in the web world.

Yeah, the problem is.. At least with what I've personally noticed, the quality of people has gone down considerably since the MyCents was created. Everyday I see people here who spam or whatever to get their money so they can get hosting.

I think it should have stayed with the old system where you needed posts pretty much daily to keep your hosting. It helped separate those who want to be a part of the system from those who just want the hosting.

Don't get me wrong, I love the changes because of the benefits for myself, but I'd much rather have the same quality we had previously.