xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

How To Make A Windows Error Box

Hi guys, Welcome to my tutorial on How to make a Custom Windows Error Box/MessageIn this tutorial I will show you step-by-step how to make your own windows error box.

Things you will need in order to complete this fun project!

1.Notepad

2.common sense

First what you want to do is go to run

Posted Image

Then type "notepad.exe" With no Quotes!

Posted Image

Then after notepad pops up type this:

Posted Image

After that click on save then do this:

Posted Image

Your done.To see your message do this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy, You could also use this as a prank on your friends! (I will do a tutorial on this later and how to make it start when they login)

Please add your comments to this topic!

-Ash.

That is awesome but there are way better and express ways of doing it: Windows Error Message Creator. It also supports .vbs scripts to do an extense error message "session" like you can do one, and then another, etc and they will be shown in order. With the same program you can put Windows 3.11 symbols too :)
Still, we need more windows tuts.

Thanks for sharing this I knew this could be done using VB6 but never thought it could be done in notepad. I'm sure that it would amuse many people in the aid of pulling pranks.

That is awesome but there are way better and express ways of doing it: Windows Error Message Creator. It also supports .vbs scripts to do an extense error message "session" like you can do one, and then another, etc and they will be shown in order. With the same program you can put Windows 3.11 symbols too :D

Still, we need more windows tuts.

But that is not really making one by yourself that's getting a tool to do it, No skill or knowledge in that at all.

Thanks for sharing this I knew this could be done using VB6 but never thought it could be done in notepad. I'm sure that it would amuse many people in the aid of pulling pranks.

No problem for sharing, It can be done in Visual Basic 6 & 2008 however the source codes can be very complicated, My method is a simply way of MAKING your own. :)

This is really good in its semplicity, it allows you to make something without really knowing much about programming or VB. I didn't know Windows lets you create things with simple 'tricks' like this. This looks a bit like inline C programming in Linux. And yes it would be nice to have more tutorials like this for Windows.

Wow, Thanks for that Ash-Bash! ;) I will have to try this when I get home does it work on all OS?

Dark Archer

All windows operating systems from XP Home to Windows 7

This is really good in its semplicity, it allows you to make something without really knowing much about programming or VB. I didn't know Windows lets you create things with simple 'tricks' like this. This looks a bit like inline C programming in Linux. And yes it would be nice to have more tutorials like this for Windows.

I am very glad you like it :P, I think I will be making more like this soon so watch out in the tutorials section :P.

Thanks you Ash for sharing this tutorial with us I will be sure to play some pranks on my dad and brother ;). This tutorial was not only simple but effective! I hope you do make more like this in the feature.

Thanks you Ash for sharing this tutorial with us I will be sure to play some pranks on my dad and brother smile.gif. This tutorial was not only simple but effective! I hope you do make more like this in the feature.

Arh. I remember when you and Ash tried that out on me, I actually falled for it.

I got error message like this

Windows Script HostScrip: C\Documents and Setting/user/desktop/mydoc.vbs
Line:1
Char:40
Error:Expected end of statement
Code:800A0401
Source:Microsoft VBScript Compilation error

I coded on my notpad like this

x=MsgBox("Hey this is me",0+16,"THis is me")l

but not able to done as tutorial why ?