xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

Removing Astahost

I know a lot of people will scream at me for saying this, but I think that we should remove Xisto and migrate everybody to Xisto( or vice a versa), because when I typed in "free webhosting no ads" on google it was highly confusing seeing two almost exactly the same features.

I know a lot of people will scream at me for saying this, but I think that we should remove Xisto and migrate everybody to Xisto( or vice a versa), because when I typed in "free webhosting no ads" on google it was highly confusing seeing two almost exactly the same features.

i do feel the same thing. and lots of ppl join at Xisto forums than Xisto.

I agree as well. And the forums both link to the credit system if I remember right, so it's not like there's a benefit over using one instead of the other.A long time ago I used both of them together as it seems like two separate communities. Maybe that's why they are separated still?Just assuming maybe there's a reason for them still being apart, like maybe one company hosts one and another hosts the other.

Astahost is considered more technical than these forums. These forums are more loose than how things are managed over at Xisto. I really doubt most Xisto users will like it if these two forums were to be joined or if these forums were to be picked over the other. Plus, a merge is impossible, given the fact that accounts may conflict with each other—and we wouldn't want that to happen.

Xisto is considered more technical than these forums. These forums are more loose than how things are managed over at Xisto. I really doubt most Xisto users will like it if these two forums were to be joined or if these forums were to be picked over the other. Plus, a merge is impossible, given the fact that accounts may conflict with each otherand we wouldn't want that to happen.

By technical you mean it relates more to actual computer or whatever related things? (like maybe programming advice and stuff instead of "Spiritual"?)

I haven't been to it in a while but.. If that's what you meant, would it also be better to post website related topics there instead of here? (in terms of getting more input/better visibility/etc.)

And those differences would definitely explain the separation between the two forum bases. In that case I would rather them stay separate.

or we could create a new section, a more-technical section here for our friends from Xisto. but yes, the main problem is, that it is quite difficult to merge two forums considering members' account etc.

By technical you mean it relates more to actual computer or whatever related things? (like maybe programming advice and stuff instead of "Spiritual"?)
I haven't been to it in a while but.. If that's what you meant, would it also be better to post website related topics there instead of here? (in terms of getting more input/better visibility/etc.)

And those differences would definitely explain the separation between the two forum bases. In that case I would rather them stay separate.

Yeah, that's what i mean.

You could post there about those things instead of here, but i'm not sure of how quick of a response you'll get (as i see them as having less members). But you can test out how fast of a response you'll get with your next technical question or problem.

Yeah, that's what i mean.

You could post there about those things instead of here, but i'm not sure of how quick of a response you'll get (as i see them as having less members). But you can test out how fast of a response you'll get with your next technical question or problem.

Yeah... I explored the site there a little bit but their forums are a lot harder to navigate than the trap forums I see... Kind of helps explain why people choose trap instead.