xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Transfering Domain/hosting Account

I've question regarding xisto account. i've few domains hosted with xisto. out of which there is one domain where i'm maintaining blog. and want to sell it later cause it is getting hard for me to update every week. so what do i need to do ? i mean i want to give that account details later to someone else. but can't give it cause it is in Xisto - Support with my other domains and hosting package. how am i supposed to proceed now ? do let me know the steps, i'll follow it when i transfer domain/cpanel to new owner.

I've question regarding xisto account. i've few domains hosted with xisto. out of which there is one domain where i'm maintaining blog. and want to sell it later cause it is getting hard for me to update every week. so what do i need to do ? i mean i want to give that account details later to someone else. but can't give it cause it is in Xisto - Support with my other domains and hosting package. how am i supposed to proceed now ? do let me know the steps, i'll follow it when i transfer domain/cpanel to new owner.

Do you want to sell the domain or all of content of the site?
If you want to sell your domain, and the domain is not your primary domain, you may simply delete the hosting of the domain from your account, and enter the domain name server (a.k.a. update NS records) addresses by the buyer at the domain DNS management section.

If you want to also sell the content of the blog, you may backup all of your files and databases of the blog site before you delete the domain from your account, modify something (like database connection detail) if necessary, and give it to the buyer.

As my Xisto - Web Hosting hosting is still pending, so sorry that I can not tell you the real procedure.

Do you want to sell the domain or all of content of the site?

Yes. Domain+ Hosting. including all the content of the domain and hosting.

If you want to sell your domain, and the domain is not your primary domain, you may simply delete the hosting of the domain from your account, and enter the domain name server (a.k.a. update NS records) addresses by the buyer at the domain DNS management section.

This is not the case. Domain and hosting both are part of Xisto - Web Hosting. so i can't redirect to any other place. and i'm interested in selling this. so i have no idea about how to detatch this domain+hosting, when i find the buyer of these. that is why i made this question here. i thought some others like me have into this situation, besides i'm expecting admin/moderators to help on this as well.

If you want to also sell the content of the blog, you may backup all of your files and databases of the blog site before you delete the domain from your account, modify something (like database connection detail) if necessary, and give it to the buyer

Delete domain ? hmm. that's hard. cause that is solely depend on the buyer of the domain. it is his responsibility to continue or stick with Xisto - Web Hosting. my responsibility ends when i hand over domain+hosting to him. all i want to know is what do i need to do in order to isolate this domain and hosting before i hand over this to new buyer ?

As my Xisto - Web Hosting hosting is still pending, so sorry that I can not tell you the real procedure.

No problem. i'm interested in more pointers in this matter. let's see if mods and admins can help me in this.

When you start using your new hosting account with us, it may be quite inconvenient to leave your domain name to be managed by your old host. If you do that you will have to communicate with two different organizations: one will be providing the hosting services for your website and the other will be providing domain registration services for your website.

Hello mahesh,I am sorry for delay in replying on this issue. If the buyer of your domain wants to continue hosting with Xisto - Web Hosting, then first step is to tell the buyer of this domain to create one billing account under Xisto - Support.com/billing and then update us the client details (buyer's billing details)(i.e. customer id, customer billing email address, and the domain name you want to move to your buyer. ), and then we will move this domain to your buyer's account and the same thing we will do in your Xisto - Domains account. After this you will no longer be the owner of this domain as we have transferred everything (Hosting account as well as domain registration/renewal account.) to buyer's account. After transferring whois record of this domain will also be updated to the buyer of this domain. And once we transferred everything to your buyer's account, then you can give him/her the cPanel or FTP username and password.

"sorry for the delay" is always the response i get from Xisto - Web Hosting. what's funny in this instance however is that the delay was 1 1/2 years! sorry, but i find humor in this considering the question was presented in the Xisto - Web Hosting technical support thread. no wonder why mahesh has decided to transfer his hosting to hostgator.i have a question though. why would someone have to give up their cpanel or ftp username and password to their account? the buyer will not only have their own domain account with Xisto - Domains, but they will also have their own hosting account either with Xisto - Web Hosting or another host with their OWN user name and password. all the seller has to do is backup the hosting files and transfer them to the buyer. so can you clarify what you meant by giving them the cpanel or ftp username and password? also, in hitesh's case, it was a blog so it's going to come with a database file as well. all he has to do is zip hosting and database files, provide a download link to the zipped file, and wipe his hands clean of it.