xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akashi

War What is Web App Archive?

What is WAR (Web Application Archive)? How to use / install it? Should we install using sh in our host or just deploy the file there and run it?

Hi!When I read the title of the post, I thought you might be discussing the effects of war or about recent wars that we've had :-).WAR files are simply packages containing web applications. Think of them as .ZIP files with a README. A .WAR file typically contains JSP pages, servlets, Java classes, images and other resources. It is essentially the same as a .JAR (Java Archive) file except that it serves as a container for a different type of content.Deployment of web applications on an application server is vendor-specific. We can't tell you how to do it unless we know what you are using. If you do not have an application server, you ought to download/buy and install one.Regards,Nitin Reddy

sorry if i made some ppl confused ;p

thank you for your explanation. Another question if you don't mind, if i have a logic plan here (the one which cost $1.95/month), can I use this .WAR files? (probably the answer is "you can't", isn't it? ;p )

Hi!
When I read the title of the post, I thought you might be discussing the effects of war or about recent wars that we've had :-)

.WAR files are simply packages containing web applications. Think of them as .ZIP files with a README. A .WAR file typically contains JSP pages, servlets, Java classes, images and other resources. It is essentially the same as a .JAR (Java Archive) file except that it serves as a container for a different type of content.

Deployment of web applications on an application server is vendor-specific. We can't tell you how to do it unless we know what you are using. If you do not have an application server, you ought to download/buy and install one.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy