xisto Community
FiReStOrM

Who Knows How To Swim Here?

i know how to swim i learnt it when i was 2 (not a joke) but when i was two i was using floats thats why rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

lol me too. Except now I'm a waaaaaaaay better swimmer. I don't like swimming as much as my friends (i like soccer more) but I have to becuase I have asthma (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) Btw just out of curiousity how fast are you/what is your fastest time for 100/50 free?

I swim, not much nowadays, but used to go every week when I was younger(8 years younger), even tried out for the Olympic junior training squad, but came 4th and didn't get in(butterfly let me down).

I can swim pretty well I guess. I've heard that newborn babies can swim right out of the womb. I'm talking just a few hours old. Just toss em in a pool and supposedly they can naturally swim.Actually, now that I've written it out it sounds ridiculous, but I heard that somewhere I think.

I have been swimming competitively for about eight years now...I've seen all the ups and downs of the sport, and lemme just say this: knowing how to swim is a great thing, but letting it take over your life leads to inevitable misery. I love all the people I have met through the sport and I have had some great times, but it is very overwhelming...Swimming is a lifestyle here in New Jersey. The irony of it is that you have a one in a million shot to get somewhere with it. If you love the sport, there's nothing wrong with sticking with it, but be careful as to where you let it take you. Life is a question of priorities, and everyone ought to know that swimming, or ANY sport for that matter, should never be #1, as so many people have made it out to be...

I took some classes for it, messed around with it in summercamps, went to the Y and used it for exercise.I always preferred the butterfly actually, let's me use my upperbody more. Was getting pretty good at diving too before I stopped with the swimming a few years back.It's a nice skill to have, can be good exercise, but like with track it's not something I'd want to use as a sport. Good as a skill, good for exercise, but must be pretty boring/repetitive/redundant as a sport. And where's the drama in it or any kind of racing event? I'll take baseball as a sport, thank you very much :rolleyes:Again, good exercise and skill to have though.

I used to take part in competitive swimming when I was in grade school. I could do free style, back stroke and breat stroke. It was only the butterfly that I had trouble with. I still like swimming even now, although I don't get to swim much. Overall, I'm glad I learned that skill, but I never considered whether I should continue to swim competitively.

How many people can swim anymore, I mean swimming has been going down since kids are staying indoors more throughout the decades. I probably forgot how to swim, I used to be able to, but if I got in the deep end, I'd probable drop like a rock, I'm not a great floater.

I took a few swimming classes, I went swimming about two or three weeks ago and I couldn't even hold my breath underwater anymore. I had to stay at the kid end because I was just too lazy to swim. The last time I went swimming prior to this, I believe it was in a grade 9 gym class which was over four years ago. I can't remember much of it, because I think I socialized through the whole thing.

I took swimming lessons for about 5 years (from 6 - 11). I stopped when I could swim 1.5km because I got tired of swimming every week for that long, I couldn't be bothered to swim anymore and iswimming anything more than this in 30 minutes would be too difficult for me.Now I swim about every year when I go on holiday and put into practice everything I learnt beforehand. It's fun and I can do more than the average person :D I see people struggling even to swim a length.Swimming is one of the only skills I have not lost and I love doing it.

I'm a rather good swimmer (well, if you compare my swmming skills to the masses'; I'm more in the middle field in my swimming group but hey, who cares?) and absolutely love swimming.I've turned to the lifeguarding swimming styles about 11 years ago and am very happy that I've learned not only how to swim but also how to pull someone out. Unfortunately, most people spend their free time at the lake during summer but quite a lot can't swim, probably because they never learned it. That's not a problem as long as they stick to a rule of thumb for non-swimmers, "go in until the water reaches your breast maximum", but if they go in further someone has to be there to pull 'em out and sadly, it's usually children who go in further than what they can cope with. Since I'm working at the local outdoor swimming pool I'm noticing children struggling with water too deep for them way more often than at the lake - but for some stupid reason, the parents at the pool don't notice that their children have problems as often as at the lake :/Did I mention that I consider basic swimming a skill as necessary as first aid or something? You don't have to like being in the water, you should just be able to get yourself out of it when you fall in by accident (and accidents happen more often than you'd like them to...)

Heh, I love swimming a lot. This year was my first year on an actual swim team, and I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna be swimming a hell of a lot more throughout the year. I'm trying to sign up for year-round swim team, but meh, I don't want to ditch my current team just to do that.But hell, when I'm in the water, it feels like I'm in a second home xD :D

Once I went to Atlanta for battle of the bands.There was a lot of stuff to do like lift weights and swim and stuff like that.So me and my cousin went for a dip and he knew I didnt know how to swim so I got on this floating circle (for name of it).So he pulled me in the 8feet and I was on this floating ring and looking like a fool in the deep blue sea.But then I seen this 90 year old ladie in the swimming pool and swimming in the 9feet so asked her to help me.She came over and asked what did I need and I said that I cant swim and can she pull me in the shallow water.So she started pulling me in the 9feet and I said no I cant swim and when we got over there I told her againand she said ooo and she started pulling me to 4 feet.Then we talk and she tried to teach me how to swim (she was stong she picked me up)and I still didnt learn how to swim but bless her soul.But then I got the in hot tub and when all those 90 year olds started coming out of there I got out slowly lol.