xisto Community
sofiaweb

Which Messenger Do You Use? Which messenger do you use?

I myseft prefer Yahoo. First, because all of my friends use them so I can chat with all of them. Second, it has a feature that can set you invisible to some of your friends if you don't want to talk to them. Third, it can show you when your friend add something new in their Yahoo!360 or their profile. I have used Trillian but it seem that the program does not provide me all of the features yahoo give me.

I use digsby on Windows and Pidgin which comes preinstalled in Ubuntu. I don't use many of the features of IM softwares. I basically use it for sending Instant messages only. Also I have many accounts, each created for specific purpose. So, I like the feature of being able to use multiple accounts on a single software like Digsby and Pidgin.Also, I use Skype for audio calling and sometimes screen sharing with others.

Windows Live Messenger and Pidgin. They're both good but for my fast machines I prefer Windows Live Messenger for photo and file sharing, for my 2 crap PC's, I use Pidgin which is very good and also allows file sharing and it's super light.

I use Yahoo IM, becouse I have tried a few different IMs, and I keep coming back to Yahoo, i rarely use it expect for IM and SIMs....

Yay, I also use windows live and pidgin but if I had enough friends on another messenger service then I might use that.

I use Windows Live Messenger much. And yahoo after that. Sometimes I use google talk, Skype, Voipbuster too. I use Morange and Mig33 for Mobile. I have lots of friend in yahoo.

At the moment I am using Kopete, with accounts set up for Jabber, YIM, AIM, ICQ and MSN. Surprisingly, I do actually use all of them :) I don't really use any of the advanced features - I just use it to talk to people, which is all I need. I also have Skype set up, although that was mainly for when I didn't have a landline telephone.

I use google talk because I am able to send texts, use aim and it has all the voice and video features within my regular email. It also helps that I am usually on google and that makes it less of a burden on my browser overall. i hate having to maintain multiple applications, just to perform one simple action. Oh yeah, I am moving towards google voice now.

Hi!I use Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and GoogleTalk. I've got friends distributed over all three so I use Meebo.com to access all of them from a single web messenger. I sometimes use the messenger integrated with GMail and Yahoo! Mail but, unfortunately, Hotmail doesn't have an integrated Windows Live Messenger yet leaving it tied to Meebo.I rarely install the IM software though.I've tried Trillian too and noticed its features only work with other Trillian users and it can't provide vendor-specific features, such as Audibles for Yahoo!Pidgin has the buddy pounce feature that I used to annoy my buddies. It can send a message automatically on a particular trigger Eg. Buddy comes online, goes offline, or starts typing.Regards

I use windows live messenger as it is good in file and photo sharing. But i do not recommend Windows live messenger for slower computers and laptops.Instead you should use pidgin.If you have to many IMs you should use meebo to distribute them.

yahoo. most of my weather buddies use yahoo or msn and since you can add both is why. tried a couple of others before but just was not happy at all.

Hi!When Yahoo users get messages from MSN, and when MSN users get messages from Yahoo, you don't get the benefits of the messenger-specific features. For example, Yahoo users can't send audibles to MSN users, and MSN users can't send their audible-equivalents to Yahoo users. It's why I run both messengers on my home computer. When running Linux, however, Yahoo has a very old version of the messenger which provides pretty much the same featureset as Pidgin/Meebo, while GoogleTalk and MSN don't provide any Linux clients so using Pidgin/Meebo is good enough.-Nitin

you'd better try empathy then. i heard it supports voice and webcam conversation. you can also use web app like imo.im which also support voice and webcam, but the quality is bad in my conn. About yahoo IM client for linux, it's suck. They haven't update it for years.

Hi!
When Yahoo users get messages from MSN, and when MSN users get messages from Yahoo, you don't get the benefits of the messenger-specific features. For example, Yahoo users can't send audibles to MSN users, and MSN users can't send their audible-equivalents to Yahoo users. It's why I run both messengers on my home computer. When running Linux, however, Yahoo has a very old version of the messenger which provides pretty much the same featureset as Pidgin/Meebo, while GoogleTalk and MSN don't provide any Linux clients so using Pidgin/Meebo is good enough.

-Nitin