xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Which Is The Best Company Of Pen Drive?..

Hi friends,I am planning to buy a pen drive..Which product will you prefer.I have a transcend 4GB pen drive now.Itz quite good.But some people saying Kingston is the good product.I saw many other pen drives named myflash,sandisk etc.Please suggest a product which is good in quality..

Sandisk is much better , if you can find the original that is :)Otherwise any pen-drive would be good.I don't know if you have ever noticed it or not but different companies have different capacity for the same storage space. Don't know why but its there and so far I've used Transcend, Kingston, Sandisk, a Local Manufacturer QMPL and Toshiba. and out of these I think Sandisk offers best capacity.Don't know the reason though ..

Out of various pendrive brands I have yet to see a difference in quality or anything else. I would just go with whatever is cheaper.Some people are biased towards or against a company but so far it's made no difference in my experiences (and I use them often)

Out of all the different flash drives I have tried I would suggest that the only ones you stay well clear of is buffalo. The buffalo flash drives that I have tried never lasted longer that a week and to get the devices recognized was the biggest problem needing drivers off their site.The best pen drive that I have used was by a company called busbi although these are only available in the UK and Ireland. This pen drive not only has a decent transfer rate (Read: 8 Mb/s Write: 2 Mb/s) but also is reliable with 10,000 Write/Erase cycles. They also support plug and play for Linux and Windows.Another good pen drive that I have used is Sandisk Micro Cruzer U3, this one has applications like Skype, Anti Virus and Mozilla Firefox installed and ready to use on the pen drive wherever you go. This drive also supports file encryption. The only downside is that they can be very expensive for the amount of storage you get although sometimes they can be found very cheap.Other than buffalo as long as you go for a reputable company and make sure it's genuine I can't see you having any problems with it.

The best company is Kingston. They are the best for me. The Kingston pen drive has own anti virus and i don't remember what other things it had because i lost my pendrive ;) I had 1GB and i was satisfied with it. I didn't wanted more coz if i needed more i was just using DVD-R.

hands down sandisk with u3 tech is the best usb flash drive out there... HANDS DOWN

Another good pen drive that I have used is Sandisk Micro Cruzer U3, this one has applications like Skype, Anti Virus and Mozilla Firefox installed and ready to use on the pen drive wherever you go. This drive also supports file encryption. The only downside is that they can be very expensive for the amount of storage you get although sometimes they can be found very cheap.

Kingston has its own anti-virus software? I don't think so....I bought one last month and it had no such thing. I read somewhere that it is san disk which supplies anti virus along with the pen drive. Of course it may not be the only company to do so, but it's the first among the reputable companies.Based on experience, however, I would suggest that you go for Kingston. It has a very competitive price and gives an excellent performance. I've used Transcend and Sandisk too but they were either slower, or offered a short life-span. So at the moment I would advice you to go for Kingston. Another important thing to keep in mind is that the higher the capacity you take, the slower the transfer speeds will be. So better be content with a 4GB drive - opting for higher capacity isn't a wise idea for now. Wait until the USB 3.0 standard comes in - then the transfer speeds are promised to be in GB/S! ;)

I really need to buy pen drives and I'm stuck on which one to choose. San disk has always been my option but for now I'm not getting it. All the shops I visit don't have it and they suggest I try transcend. I don't know how good that one is though...

-reply by solomon

The Sandisk titanium are apparently good, i guess due to the strength of the casing. I looked into this issue a couple of months ago and consistently i found webpages recommending sandisk for those who dont want to shell out too much on flash drives. To be honest thats the first i've heard about transcend's reputation. Kingston have always had very good reputation with computer ram, so i suppose they would make reliable flash drives.Personally ive always stuck with sandisk, ive never had any problems with the two i own. 1 in particular - is about 2 years old, has had alot of use and still works like new.Another good brand much like kingston is corsair. Apparently they make excellent reliable drives, the only issue is they are expensive. If you want performance then a good choice might be a patriot xporter xt.

Sandisk is BestWhich Is The Best Company Of Pen Drive?..

Sandisk is the best pendrive. It is efficient and highly reliable. It offers high speed data transfer as well as the storage capacity.Also more cheaper when compared to other pendrives. I bought the sandisk 4GB pendrive for just Rs 350/-only with 2 years manufacturer's warranty.Compare to other pendrive brands it is the best.

-reply by sree555

Hi guys i think the best brand of pen Drive if you are in India or anywhere else would be a choice between OCZ drives or Corsair Pen Drives if you are not so on the Tighter side of the budget but if you are on the tighter side you could probably use Sandisk Cruzer Series slower than corsair but valu for money and the U3 app which you can download from Sandisk Website also helps a lot Depends finally on your choice but i would surely recommend Corsair.

Hi friends,I am planning to buy a pen drive..Which product will you prefer.I have a transcend 4GB pen drive now.Itz quite good.But some people saying Kingston is the good product.I saw many other pen drives named myflash,sandisk etc.Please suggest a product which is good in quality..