xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Why Google Is The Best Search Engine Among All

I am using the google search from my school days...I saw that Google gives accurate result for every search than any other search engine..what is the technology behind that.why yahoo and other search engine don't have to overcome these situation.AJAX Enabled features in Google helps people very much before entering all details..Please tell how to effectively develop a search engine application.What is actually a search Engine optimization.I am thinking about the search engines and their technologies.

You can't beat the speed and relevance of Google.

Still the best, but recent Google updates have put businesses in peril. This may sway users to choose another engine over time. Results are also not as accurate as before.

I teach Language Arts in a high school of 850 students grades 9 - 12. Every student in the school has to do a research paper every year...no exceptions. Not only is Google the [search engine] with the best results, but I love the advance search option...stops plagiarism in its tracks.

I used to LOVE Google and overall, they are the best. HOWEVER - I am not impressed with my results since they had to remove that algorithm due to the patent issue. I cannot stand that when I'm searching for products, none show up except ads.

I only use Google anymore, because the results are better and more applicable, without so much fluff!

I have had only one choice for two years. Even with the Florida update stupidity, nobody compares or even comes close in relevance, reach, usability, honesty (sponsor ads not mixed in results, clearly labeled).

I have two pages which are the best and the most important in their respective niches, and Google alone consistently places them top for the relevant search terms.

I have been using Google since it was in beta test and it continues to amaze me with its accuracy, features, clean look, and overall usefulness. I have been a university reference librarian for over 30 years and NOTHING works better in the area of electronic resources than Google. Sergey and Larry deserve the Nobel Prize in something for doing so much for humanity.

I am not sure any of them deserve the moniker "Outstanding," but Google seems to be the better.

Google's still my number one, but its response time seems to have increased this past year. If I think it's getting too sluggish, I'll start using AllTheWeb more, and Teoma's an up-and-comer.

Google just does it again. K.I.S.S. Keeps it simple, stupid, plus always looking for new ways, new features. I love that about them. They never lose touch with their customers.

Google is getting overrun with people optimizing, so results aren't as good lately.

Google - No portal rubbish; straight to search. AdWords can sometimes provide exactly the right results but are kept clearly separate.

Despite some worries, Google continues its dominance as best search engine.

Google still indexes new pages faster than any other search engine.

Began the year great, but lost relevancy 2nd half.

Despite complaints from high pressure marketers, Google's improvements are much needed by those who are honest and don't try their fancy tricks to get their SPAM listed.

Google deserves to be named winner as Outstanding Search Service
answers from search engine watch Edited by myke (see edit history)

i wouldn't trust the results in any search engine. to trust one is to discredit all others who use different algorythms for different but similar results. the reason why i like google is that it is FAST and the results have always been usefull for me. i research a lot of things on the interent and google has never let me down while others have. so although i still don't trust their results 100%, they are good enough for me.

what i would like to see changed on google is the multiple listings on page results. it would give other websites a better opportunity to have their site shown on the first page. thus creating a better search results. also, when people see two results from the same domain name, they RARELY click on both. they will only click on the most relevant one. so in that case, there really isn't a need for two links to the same domain. google has been cracking down on sub domains already. but there seems to be a conflict with that if sub domains are really treated as seperate websites

I am using the google search from my school days...I saw that Google gives accurate result for every search than any other search engine..what is the technology behind that.why yahoo and other search engine don't have to overcome these situation.AJAX Enabled features in Google helps people very much before entering all details..Please tell how to effectively develop a search engine application.What is actually a search Engine optimization.I am thinking about the search engines and their technologies.

It always gives me the results I want. I never liked Live Search, too common and competence to Google. I first found it in like 2001 when I was like 8, I was browsing some sites and found it. Started searching for random s%$% and liked it. It's been always a great searcher for me, I could even get this and other websites with it, get mods and tutorials for Grand Theft Auto, Midtown Madness, and so many others. Because of it I am in like 4 GTA forums and I even forgot others. :)

i think every search engine is good on its ownway but google is the thing i have been using for like the last 6 years or so.Research is an art :)

There are several reasons, why Google is among all Search Engine :D First, it's the best, it is very fast, and easy to use :P Also, it has got more advertising than any other site:)It has god also, adds, for blogs/sites :) They use click system ..Etc etc

Google for one is that its simple and straight to the point search engine. Like what myke said and it have all the integration on additional tools to view pdf, open up documents without the fuss of downloading and view with 3rd party.Besides that, it have no portal and accessible in everywhere, net kiosk, mobile phone. Unless you want everything at your fingertips, Google allows you to customize a personal portal for your need with no nonsense content.Results may not be 99% accurate but i find that it does a better job than any search engine to date.