xisto Community
Mermaid711

Using Honey To Treat The Eyes.

Well I've been experiencing chronic pain and swelling in the eyes, probably due to allergies.So I looked up natural remedies online and found out that honey has been used in the eyes for centuries. This didn't suprise me because honey has multiple medicinal qualities and now many doctors are recomending that their patients take it.Anyway, you dilute honey with water (use as strong of a concentration as you can stand) and drip it in your eyes.You must boil the water and honey first, mix, and then let cool for an hour or so. Just use your finger to stick the honey in your eye (as if putting in a contact.)So I tried it, and I noticed that after the initial sting, my eyes didn't hurt as much. Went to sleep, woke up, and my eyes weren't swollen anymore. My eye color has become much more clear.Questions, comments?

This is a popular remedy I've heard of before to treat an eye problem. I haven't tried it myself but it's cool that it works. A lot of natural remedies you find on the internet really don't work for me despite all the hype surrounding them. I've never tried honey (even for eating!) as my family always made maple syrup and it's about the same as honey but I'm not sure if it has the same medicinal qualities.

You can be confident about honey. It's the best natural treatment for many illnesses.Glad to hear that it worked well for you. But would like to know how, it changed the color of your eyes: I guess the redness in your eyes disappeared, is it right??

You can be confident about honey. It's the best natural treatment for many illnesses.
Glad to hear that it worked well for you. But would like to know how, it changed the color of your eyes: I guess the redness in your eyes disappeared, is it right? 

It didn't change it, persay, but it did clear up the color. My eyes are hazel and used to have a foggy quality to them but now they appear much cleared.

And yes it did get rid of redness.

It doesn't surprise me about honey. I mean, it's always been known toto help fix throat infections and heal vocal chords and such. It is probablya lot more versatile than people realize.If those big ugly bears will risk sticking their paws into honeycombs,full of buzzing stinging bees,then I guess there must be something valuable there.

If this works great but I would have thought the honey would be sticky and therefore make it uncomfortable to put in to the eye. I think natural remedies are the best and maybe should be always tried first.I shall tell my friends who have allergies and end up with swollen eyes.

Wow, is that true? I thought it'd make worse... It's honey. :)

That's why you dilute it with water. Lol.
I dilute mine with a honey-water ratio of 1:2.
Just make sure your boil the water to remove impurities and to make the honey disolve better.

Putting honey in EyesUsing Honey To Treat The Eyes.

Honey is quite capable of performing miracles. Only make sure of two things:

* It should be real and natural honey.

* It should not have been heated. Some packers heat honey to enable it to flow easily in bottling process. Heating honey destroys some of its healing and beneficial properties.

No need to dilute. It stings and brings on a flow of natural tears, so there is no stickiness inside the eyes.

I have been using honey in the eyes daily at bedtime for the last 12 years and have seen miraculous results which might sound incredulous.

-reply by Rafiq Moosa

I tried it before and I tell you something ... IT WORKS! I swear to God it does. One time my eyes were red for a whole week even after using eye drops it was still iching. Until my mom told me to put honey on my eyes. Ofc I said no and she was running after me with a spoon and honey until she called my brother to catch me pin me down and forcefuly open my eye and then she put a whole spoon into my eye. IT BURNED LIKE PUTTING AMBER IN YOUR EYE but I was able to withstand it and after a whole my eye was very white I was really surprised by the result and also impressed to the point that then next time it happened to me, I put the honey into my eyes myself xD

and this is a true story and I'm sure there are other people who used honey before and can share the same experience. Although it's a good idea to put some water to make it less concentrated if you can't withstand the sting. It really stings if you don't ;)

That's why you dilute it with water. Lol. I dilute mine with a honey-water ratio of 1:2.
Just make sure your boil the water to remove impurities and to make the honey disolve better.

when you say ratio of 1:2 how much is that exactly? like measurment wise

when you say ratio of 1:2 how much is that exactly? like measurment wise

This is a ratio: 1 measurement of honey to 2 measurement of water. The exact measurement you want to use is up to the quantity you want.
It could be 1 tbsp of honey to 2 tbsp of water.
-or-
1 gallon of honey to 2 gallons of water
-or-
1 drop of honey to 2 drops of water.

I hope you get the idea

Honey is good for many ailments including eye problems. I use Isis Cosmeceuticals honey chamomile drops and msm drops for my eyes. I originally bought them to cure my ichy dry eyes but I have noticed my eye color is also lighter. So I guess what they say is true.

Apparently everybody here is an ignorent stupid becase in Muslim Quran our holly book it is written for decades that honey is a medicine that god gave people to use. We Arabs use it for decads for many illnesses.