xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sofiaweb

Do You Recommend Any College Programs For Php Learning Do you recommend any college programs for php learning

I don't think you would want to go to college to learn a specific language. That is what the books and manuals are for. You would want to go study a formal programs to learn software development and programming principles. I would recommend any software development program and take up a book on PHP. There are papers in certain programs that deal with php but you will only learn the basics. To master it you have to do a lot of PHP programming as well as have good software development knowledge.

You could install easyphp: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
This also includes mysql,though you should concentrate on that
a little bit later after
learning some of the basics.
You can then find some basic tutorials, such as this one:

http://www.tizag.com/phpT/

or this one :

http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/php/

Good luck.

i always learned the computer stuff by researching and studying on my own time. but everyone is different. i am sure any school could have given me a faster learning experience since everyone is motivated by the grades they will get and try harder and faster than in their own time. everyone is different though. you need to know your own self and ask yourself what would be a better learning experience for YOU

I want to learn php, i live in canada, any ideas? :)

Unless you're going to go for a degree in Computer Science, then i wouldn't recommend it. PHP is easy to learn, due to how well written the PHP manual is (probably the best written document for any scripting language). If you're not planning on seeking a career that deals with PHP, then the PHP manual is all that you would need. But if you're looking to get serious with PHP, then go for a degree in Computer Science or at least study up on it too.

Getting a couple of good books can really help, if your looking for accreditation it won't mean a whole lot on the "web" unless you have a university degree in IT. Perseverance/hardwork with an intro book and a php bible will achieve much the same (if not more knowledge), that is if you dont find coding too hard to pick up without guidance.