xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sofiaweb

Malware To Target Harry Potter Fans Malware To Target Harry Potter Fans

From the latest PC Tools newsletter... MALWARE TO TARGET HARRY POTTER FANS Can't wait to see "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"? Thinking about downloading a pirated copy? Think again, as it could contain malware. Cybercriminals are pushing "blackhat" search engine optimization tactics to target the most popular file sharing and P2P networks, pursuing those interested in upcoming movie releases and in particular taking advantage of the sizeable Harry Potter fan base wanting to download the movie in advance of its screening. Fans are baited with text like: 'Watch "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" online free'. What appears to be a legitimate looking website then redirects you to a video offer which prompts you to download and install the additional "streamviewer". The streamviewer, however, is installing malware. Suddenly, missing out on a sneak peek is the least of your worries! To stay protected, remember to run Smart Updates regularly and download movies only from trusted online retailers.

i so exited to watch harry potter at the cinema last day! when the movie started the beggining is really good and time past the story getting me bored! and the movie finish! waaaaaaaaaaaaaadumbledore dead O-O aw, but thats not my point! i did not realize the movie are not good i rate it 4/10, why its obious the effects are good but its lack of fighting scene! huhuhuat the topicits better to watch at the cinema than to watch a pirated movie sucks!