xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sofiaweb

If You Don't Live In A Town, You're Not Pro America We believe that the best of America is in these small towns

I have been saying all along she is unsuited for the office she seeks. I think she's mentally unstable, a pathological liar and puts our future at risk. For someone who pals around with the Anti-America Alaska Independence Party, injected some members into high positions in her Mayoral and Gubernaterial campaigns, and declares in the VP debate that the Vice President has more constitutional power than it does, here's what she said yesterday in North Carolina:

We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation. This is where we find the kindness and the goodness and the courage of everyday Americans.

I don't understand how an American Hero, John McCain could allow his campaign to overrule his better sensibilities and choose this person a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. Well, I do understand and it wasn't about putting country first, but rather, winning an election by rallying his base, appealing to what divides our diversity as Americans in such visceral, hating ways. He could have chose someone with the same conservative beliefs - Romney, Huckabee, Kay Baily Hutchinson, etc., - and not a robo person who thrives on appealing to the worst of our inner cores, one who is spurring a dangerous mob mentality in horrible economic times that seems ever more growing similar to 1930's Germany. People like George Will, Kathleen Parker, Peggy Noonan, Chris Buckley, and many other firm Republican Conservatives see the danger and are publicly breaking ranks and stating so.

Who are you talking about? Sarah Palin? This quote is from October 2008 and she said that as McCain's running mate during the last presidential campaign. Do you think it has any impact or relevance to the current political situation?