xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chrismiller3404

Logitech! The Horror D:

So, I dunno if anyone's had problems with them, but I'm really starting to hate Logitech. I buy my headsets through them for gaming, and while, I'll admit, I don't drop much on them....it'd be nice to have one for more than a few months. I mean, I've gone through...two Logitech Clear Chats, Two USB Pro Headsets, a Premium USB Headset...and then another Two Clear Chats. I mean, they're good at the beginning, but the quality of them degrades rather fast. So just a warning to those looking at buying their 20$ - 60$ Headsets. Don't do it =_=.

Wooow.You had to go through sooo many of their headsets before realising they weren't right for you?I usually switch brands whenever anything doesn't do what it should or dies prematurely.

hmmmmine is logitech brand and its been a year using and still working good 100%if you take care your item carefully, its will long last not forever :)

No matter how much I try to take care of them, they keep dying. I've had the mic go out, had sound only come out of one ear, I've had the sound go completely out, and it's all rather annoying. On my last one, it just straight up stopped working. I plugged it in to my comp, and it wouldn't even recognize there was a mic. I checked with my laptop to make sure it wasn't just my mic port, and sure enough, it still didn't work. They need more durability imo.

don't they come with some sort of warranty? if not, try calling the company so they can take a look at your order history. maybe they'd be willing to send you a free set to keep you as a customer.

No matter how much I try to take care of them, they keep dying. I've had the mic go out, had sound only come out of one ear, I've had the sound go completely out, and it's all rather annoying. On my last one, it just straight up stopped working. I plugged it in to my comp, and it wouldn't even recognize there was a mic. I checked with my laptop to make sure it wasn't just my mic port, and sure enough, it still didn't work. They need more durability imo.

I only use logitech for their audio systems (speakers and such) their webcams, keyboards, and mice.I use skullcandy for my headsets/headphones. You should check them out they are very good quality and well priced, and often times have lifetime warranties.

before you buy a item test it first so you can check the quality of it! thats what i do when buying items, i test it first, and one thing check the brand where it mades of! you know what i mean! :)

That's the thing, I've gotten a few of them replaced, only to have the -exact same- problem bug out with them =_=. Really gets annoying. Like my current clear chat headset. It was fine for the first week, I even made sure not to pull it, or put pressure on the plugs, but sure enough, the audio is going out once again. I'm just tired of having to jump through hoops to talk to my friends online. e.e

hmmmmine is logitech brand and its been a year using and still working good 100%
if you take care your item carefully, its will long last not forever :)

Same here. I have had one of there headsets, and a quick cam from them for years, both work at 100%. could be with the headsets you my be playing it too loud and blowing them out. if that is the case, then I understand your problem. head sets are not meant to be played with the the sound set at Max.

I've had some horrible times with one of my Logitech mice back in the day.As much as I love their products, the older Logitech mice had a horrible click design that wore out the tiny parts that allowed for you to click, so you would first have to click harder for the clicks to register, followed by mashing the mouse buttons for clicks, followed by immense frustration and Googling to find how to fix it, only to find the solution is to disassemble and manipulate a few TINY components to restore the clicking function which, inevitably, would cause the clicking device to have a ghastly demise either by the snapping of the little tiny metal arm on the clicking mechanism or the more likely cause of the operator throwing his mouse against the wall. I don't know if newer mice have this problem, but I still like my MX3200 mouse and keyboard set and my VX Nano.Logitech also stands by the retarded stance to not offer support for Linux, which leaves geeks in the dark and having to make up ways to make their products work with full functionality. Just going out on a limb here, but if you make products that people actually like and are of decent to good quality, why not go the extra mile and offer it to a wider audience of folks?With these gripes said and done, I'm still buying Logitech for my peripheral input needs. However, I would recommend VModa Bass Freq Earbuds to OP for awesome sound for cheap ($20). (Only gripes I have with those are that they feel fragile, don't survive a wash in a washing machine, and that the cord can be too short for PC users.)

I dont understand what is so horrifying about logitech, as regarding this forum topic is concerned, I would like to share my opinion about logitech.I have been using logitech keyboard and their webcam since 6yrs and I didnt find any problem/fault in them. With respect to quality, I feel, its better than those fake chinese tronics. I would rather like to put it this way, no electronics can be guaranteed to work life long... and in that sense, I feel logitech is worth it!

I use a Logitech keyboard and a Logitech QuickCam webcam with a built-in microphone. I've had both for quite a while and they both still work great. Well, I do have a problem with my computer tending to blue screen when I use the webcam at times, but I think that problem is with my computer and not the device itself. Overall though, I don't mind Logitech and I'd recommend it to people.

My experiences with Logitech have varied in the past; some of their products worked great, others didn't. My Attack 3 joystick I purchased from them had issues. The price was great, so I couldn't say no, but right out of the box it had a major problem. Regardless of how I calibrated it, it tended to drift to on direction. I was able to deal with it as long as I turned the deadzone WAY up on whatever game I was playing. However, just a few days later, some of the buttons stopped responding, including the trigger! Not a good experience. Then again, I've had products of theirs that worked great. The headset I had from them worked very nicely. It all depends. If you're willing to spring for their more expensive products, they tend to work more often. Just steer clear of the cheap stuff.