xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sofiaweb

How Do You Know You Love Someone? how do you know you love someone

my first relationship lasted 9 months. i was the one who ended it. i mainly broke up with him because i found that i've developed feelings for another guy. the 3 of us belong to the same close-knit friendship group, which adds a lot to the confusion. i've still been going around in circles with my ex because he says he still loves me and can't understand why we didn't work out

the friend whom i had feelings for has developed feelings for me as well and we're technically going out right now

but right now i'm confused about my feelings. maybe because i haven't had time between the 2 relationships and because my ex has been chasing after me. when i see my ex i feel like i want to hug him, but at the same time i feel like i want to be with my current bf. i can't tell any more whether i'm suppressing my feelings for my ex because i'm with someone else now or i really don't love him any more. i can't tell either whether i really love my current bf :)

i've talked to both of them a lot about the situation we're in, and because we're all still inexperienced we've all had our fair share of confusion. at the moment i want to clear up my confusion about my feelings, i want to know whom i really love, or do i not have feelings for either of them in that way. how do you know you love someone? how do you know you're more than just (close) friends?

Humm... Well, I think the best choice you have now is to spend sometime alone, trust me there's nothing best than being with ourselves when we're in such situation.You're really confused. If you stay with one of them - anyone of them - right now the only thing you'll do is to think about the other one... And trust me, this will drive you insane.Take a time for youself and you'll see that the answer will come out. Maybe you'll see you're inlove with your ex, or maybe with your bf or maybe with none of them... Tust me, this situation is going to end up hurting you and two innecent guys. You have to be strong and clear your heart.Think about it...

very good answer. i agree. i also feel she doesn't want to hurt either one too and and feel the genuine quality of her post. so yes....spend time alone. sometimes it's ok to play the field, but then you have to know it will be a compitition to the guys to always impress you and be sorta fake when around you. tell them both you need your space until you figure out what YOU need out of a relationship.

your young....so it's good to date and gain that dating experience so you have a feel for what is out there and who you connect with. at the same time, i always believed it's best to only date one at a time. dating is hard because eventually someone is going to get hurt until two people make a long term commitment(getting engaged or married)

how do you know you love someone? that is tricky because there are different levels of love. there is also different types of love such as love for your pet, love for your family, and love for someone who you feel completes you or a soul mate. sometimes it's easy to confuse a very close relationship with love.

the important thing to consider though is if you are confused, don't confuse others by entering a relationship because it will usually only end up ugly and hurtfull for at least 1 person....possibly both. that's why it is very good advice to spend some time alone to try and figure things out.

also, by spending time alone and figuring things out, it doesn't do any good to continue to post in the forums or ask your family or best friend for advice because they aren't you and they wont know fully what to do in your situation since everyone is different with different prefrences. this is YOUR life and the one who will know it the best is YOU....so take some time and give it some thought. you'll be glad you did in the long run.

if you choose this route, make it clear to the guys you need your space. this can be a test to see if they both can actually respect your needs

Humm... Well, I think the best choice you have now is to spend sometime alone Think about it...

my first relationship lasted 9 months. i was the one who ended it. i mainly broke up with him because i found that i've developed feelings for another guy. the 3 of us belong to the same close-knit friendship group, which adds a lot to the confusion. i've still been going around in circles with my ex because he says he still loves me and can't understand why we didn't work out

the friend whom i had feelings for has developed feelings for me as well and we're technically going out right now

but right now i'm confused about my feelings. maybe because i haven't had time between the 2 relationships and because my ex has been chasing after me. when i see my ex i feel like i want to hug him, but at the same time i feel like i want to be with my current bf. i can't tell any more whether i'm suppressing my feelings for my ex because i'm with someone else now or i really don't love him any more. i can't tell either whether i really love my current bf :)

i've talked to both of them a lot about the situation we're in, and because we're all still inexperienced we've all had our fair share of confusion. at the moment i want to clear up my confusion about my feelings, i want to know whom i really love, or do i not have feelings for either of them in that way. how do you know you love someone? how do you know you're more than just (close) friends?

love happens in heart... its all the gods wish.

once it happens, you concentrate more on well being of your partner.

we get addicted to them.

My opinion is if you don't know what to do or how exactly do you feel about the two guys, then you should take a time out and think for a while and not start a relationship... start to focus on different things other than the guys and being on a relationship and let the time define your feelings. I personally think that if the relationship with your ex didn't end up in bad terms then you will always have feelings for him because you'll always have good memories about the time you were together, but as the time passes then you start not seeing yourself with him if it's true that you don't love him enough to start over. And the other guy well you will always have that opportunity so why hurry just take your time and don't screw up that possible relationship just because you're not sure, that's worst because then the guy will truly hate you, and thats a horrible thing to happen... :) hope it helps...

Edited by Parubilla (see edit history)

help i need advice.How Do You Know You Love Someone?

Okay, So me and my boyfriend have been going out for almost three months now. I am 12 years old, but ive still experienced alot. Everyone tells me I shouldnt worry about these things, but I do. And me & my boyfriend have a long distance kind of thing. He always Flirts with other girls,and I always flirt with other guys, this seems like its not working out; but he treats me right, and sometimes I think that if I didnt have him, I wouldnt be able to live. But ive gone through so much pain ; even through a point Of Leaving Scars.. And crying myself to sleep for months and months.

Still NO ONE KNOWS. Seriously, I just feel sad. And I wish I would forget about my boyfriend and find someone new, but its just too hard. I cant stand when he talks to other girls, and he's had his eye on this girl Alyssa.. My friend Ariana knows him well. And my boyfriend told her that He wanted to go out with this other girl, and I don't know if its Aylssa or not. Me and my Ex Anthony Hungout Last night, and got Close, like cuddling and holding hands. I know I didnt want to do it, but something makes me attracted to him whenever I see his face. I just remember about my Current boyfriend ; and it makes me want to cry. I need Help

Someone PLEASE read this , And give me advice ?

-reply by renee aiello

Woah! You need to relax girl, you need to be hanging out with friends and doing things kids do. Seriously, why are you worrin' about boys at such a young age, I mean, if your havin' this kind of problems at age 12, just think, how much heart ache are you gonna have to go thru before you settle down. You need to say good bye to your "BF" who likes someone else, stop flirting with other boys, and just enjoy your time with REAL friends, friends who will enjoy hanging out with you, for who you are and not because your a girl they wanna be with. You'll have plenty of time for that later with real guys, but first you need to make real friends.

K

help i need advice.

How Do You Know You Love Someone?

<p>Okay, So me and my boyfriend have been going out for almost three months now. I am 12 years old, but ive still experienced alot. Everyone tells me I shouldnt worry about these things, but I do. And me & my boyfriend have a long distance kind of thing. He always Flirts with other girls,and I always flirt with other guys, this seems like its not working out; but he treats me right, and sometimes I think that if I didnt have him, I wouldnt be able to live. But ive gone through so much pain ; even through a point Of Leaving Scars.. And crying myself to sleep for months and months. </p>

<p>Still NO ONE KNOWS. Seriously, I just feel sad. And I wish I would forget about my boyfriend and find someone new, but its just too hard. I cant stand when he talks to other girls, and he's had his eye on this girl Alyssa.. My friend Ariana knows him well. And my boyfriend told her that He wanted to go out with this other girl, and I don't know if its Aylssa or not. Me and my Ex Anthony Hungout Last night, and got Close, like cuddling and holding hands. I know I didnt want to do it, but something makes me attracted to him whenever I see his face. I just remember about my Current boyfriend ; and it makes me want to cry. I need Help</p>Someone PLEASE read this , And give me advice ?

<p><em>-reply by renee aiello</em></p>

<p>?</p>

Woah! You need to relax girl, you need to be hanging out with friends and doing things kids do. Seriously, why are you worrin' about boys at such a young age, I mean, if your havin' this kind of problems at age 12, just think, how much heart ache are you gonna have to go thru before you settle down. You need to say good bye to your "BF" who likes someone else, stop flirting with other boys, and just enjoy your time with REAL friends, friends who will enjoy hanging out with you, for who you are and not because your a girl they wanna be with. You'll have plenty of time for that later with real guys, but first you need to make real friends.
K

I do not entirely agree. Look if you're 12 it doesn't matter because the boys are not that much older than you and some people tend to have feelings from 12,13. The things is many people don't want to admit it and encourage kids to suppress them instead of embracing it and teaching them how such issues should be dealt with. Thats just my opinion.

You're 12 and already thinking about dating and guys...that should not bother or worry you at this moment because its natural. But one thing you need to remember and master is self control. At the end of the day you're going to find out friends are more valuable than boyfriends because of so many things that come with relationships...i'm sure you have been given a good introduction so far...lol

Look, the best thing to do is to take your time, relax and think on your own. who do you like? Is't your 1st boyfriend or your current one. And at all costs, learn to have self control. dating people who are friends will only create trouble and confusion. the guys may become enemies because of you or they may actually be talking behind your back and just using you...think about what you're doing.

love is a feeling you will feel...it doesn't need to be looked out for...when it happens you will know.

The best thing might be for you to break free from both guys, the world is big...you'll find someone and concentrate on your books for now...you're in no rush...12 is a very young age...by the time you get to 16...you'll have an idea of the complex topic called love.

I hope i have helped :)

when in love xHow Do You Know You Love Someone?

That is true, some people may get obsessed over their partners but just remember, if the one you love has different feelings, make the most of it, if they just want me be friends, atleast your close, just treasure every moment you have with them. In a relationship, the thing you have to remember is if you break up, don't get angry and cry, just think, maybe I'm not best for him, as long as he is happy, that's all that matters because if you truly love someone you put their happiness before your own.I have been with my boyfriend only a month, but I have loved him for just over 2 years, I see him every other day, because I ask him if he can spare a day away in between our meetings to see his friends, because really if you see too much of each other you get sick of each other and end up squabbling.I've never been happier, you know your in love when they look in your eyes, suddenly you feel like your oxygen supply has ran out, and you cant breath, your heart beats faster but still no breath, then they smile, and everything comes rushing back to you, you get light headed, and your heart beat begins to slow down, where you know, no matter what, you cant take your eyes off them, and for some reason, everything in the world is of no concern to you.Without them, you feel alone, quite down, but with them by your side, you feel invincable, nothing could take that feeling from you, no one!-reply by Amy Morgan

love is something very special inside your very body that only one should ever hold those answers would be you .you can ask advice all you want and get there advice and truth is ,there advice they offer is there own suffering they have in their own hearts where love is really concerned and where marriage is concerned .they lost there own way and doubts in their own hearts and judgment in what they feel is love and straying to play the field and allowing them freedom in ,the wonderful excuses inside their own insecure feelings that ,can offer them open route in being able to ,spread their wings out and play the field in taking time or asking for space for themselves as they decided if there in love with you or not .what a cheap way to actually tell truth in their own insecure emotions that they have not grow up enough to actually know their own heart or desires inside themselves ,that when problems or hard times happen ,they are the first to split and say i need space and time or self ,in all in all they are searching out there for someone better to really enhance their own well being ,where you can not any more .when in truth be sure ,your in love before you take those sacred vows ,it is through good and bad .so many these days ,take easy road out and ask for time and space for self ,only reason is to see what is new out there that can offer to enhance their life ,where you could not any more .the secure relationship that one may offer income or financial support or their own home ,where that person could just step in that life as their own .Where in fact they could not offer their first love those wonderful things and they could not offer them those wonderful things in life styles ,that all addresses love .when they ask for space and time in their lives know it is all bs and there searching to replace you and not actually working through any given issues ,that relationship ever held .they are not mature enough to be strong and faithful in being committed to those vows .