xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Touchy Problem With Cpanel File Manager

I've been facing a small problem lately with my cPanel file manager and it really needs to be resolved soon. My problem is simple: I delete a folder, but it comes back again! The folder is "forums" and contains an old installation of myBB which I removed ages ago, but the folder is still there! Temporarily I renamed it and created another forums folder to install SMF which is working now. But I want that old folder to disappear!!! When I try to delete it through FTP I'm getting the message 'Permission Denied' even though the chmod permissions are set to 777. And through the file manager it gets deleted and when I restart the file manager it's there again! :) Can someone help me through this please?

It could be a cache problem on your end or the server's end, best way to find out is to clear out your browser caches and check again to see if it is still there.

If the directory is empty (and since you say it is chmodded to 0777), then make the following PHP file and run it:

<?php rmdir('path/to/directory'); ?>
The reason why you are still seeing the file after refreshing the file manager page could be because the JavaScript (assuming you're using the new file manager and not the legacy) was made to remove the element regardless of whether or not the file was removed from the server.

i've heard the other responses. i'm personally not too sure. i think it also depends on how your removed the software. did you just delete the folder or did you uninstall it? if you just removed the one folder, that wont uninstall the software. you have to delete your database...so you would have to go in to mysql and delete that manually as well. THEN delete the folder. this could be the problem. if not....blah :)

I've been facing a small problem lately with my cPanel file manager and it really needs to be resolved soon. My problem is simple: I delete a folder, but it comes back again! The folder is "forums" and contains an old installation of myBB which I removed ages ago, but the folder is still there! Temporarily I renamed it and created another forums folder to install SMF which is working now. But I want that old folder to disappear!!! When I try to delete it through FTP I'm getting the message 'Permission Denied' even though the chmod permissions are set to 777. And through the file manager it gets deleted and when I restart the file manager it's there again! :D Can someone help me through this please?