xisto Community
wendylady

Book Reading Group Or Club? is there one here?

Hi I was reading throw quite a few post here and yet to find where any one has stared a book reading group.The kind where we pick a book each month and read it then post and discuss about it.Any one like this idea? IF so we can start by Discussing what type of book to pick out to start with next month.If you have suggestion to as what a good book to start with add it here, then when we have a good group wishing to try this I ll post up a poll to vote on which book to read in Auguste.

Hey I guess you saw that in film, where some girls and a boy gathered and discussed about some book from author Ostion I guess. I don't remember well the film and book titles, though I liked it a lot and watched it twice. Very good movie. Well I don't know if this is a possible real thing that can be done virtually and discussed in this forum. Because I am not sure if I can find the book you all here are suggesting and because of the forum being International. Maybe you should open a kind of Us group just for this purpose.Then how will you discuss it, if you cannot know if others reading the same book will be online? Nice idea but is it possible?

Seems like a good idea, i guess i might join in if i have enough time... But if the book selection isnt within my usual criteria i may forego those months. That is, if the group starts ofcourse.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Hey, this is a rather good idea and I think we should definitely do this.And er, I think I agree with inverse_bloom about not participating if the book-of-the-week(month) is something I don't like reading. And right now, "self-motivational" books are the only ones I can think of which fall into the category.As far as the question of the availability of books is concerned, we could always pick a book which is available online, for free. And legally...http://www.gutenberg.org/ is a good source.Then there is http://www.baen.com/ , but it deals only with Science Fiction and Fantasy stories.I'm sure there are many more options out there, only an internet search away!Of course, many people don't like reading on the computer. So, I guess we could hold 2 parallel readings. One, the conventional hold-me-in-a-hand type and the other, the electronic variety.Just saying.

webishqiptar: I did not see it in a movie , I rarely even watch TV, I belong to a online reading book club on an other site , and thought it would be good for this one.inverse_bloom & azeekoo: AS to the book that why i say people give ideas as to what the wish to read and we vote on it, and more then one book can be picked really , we just open a thread for each group discussion of the books.The online book idea is good, butyour right not many like to read via a screen , iam one of them. I am just saying books we can get via the library and such.This is why i have open this up to talk about to see what people who like to do. :)