xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Old School Review: Megaman 3

It is still July and I have a few weeks before I register for classes and about two months before I begin a very grueling school schedule. So I thought I get it on with some Megamen 3 which is by far one of the longest games in this franchises history and I tell you why. Not only do you go through 8 original bosses but you almost have to fight Megaman 2 bosses as well on top of 6 stages of Dr. Wiley hell as well.

Yeah it is a game of strategy, timing and limited resources unless you?re one of those players who likes to grind away at those smaller enemies and getting stuff, then this game will test your limits. Of course, if you played with an emulator it just makes things easier as I ended my game with 9 energy tanks and 15 guys, with a little help of mega jump and not taken any energy losses either (lol).

Either way, Megaman 3 was and still is the ultimate Megaman because the series would tank with 4, 5, and 6 after with crappy bosses ridiculous levels and what not. So let?s begin the fond memories of Megama 3 and let?s see how I scored this games.

Mega Man 3

Some Screen Shots

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Game Maker: CapcomYear: 1990

Price: $40-$50 a game

Levels: 19 levels

Sound: 10

Graphics: 10

Mini-Games: None really

Difficulty: Back then: 10 Now: 10

Game play:

Plot:

After manhandling Dr. Wiley two times already, he finally gave in and came back to the good side. Of course, their eight new robots would go bonkers and so Megaman is called back into action and thus the plot unfolds with the appearance of Protoman.

First Impressions:

This game was awesome, also the first game me, and a group of friends would put the Game Genie to beat this game. Of course, that never happened as we got in trouble and had to turn the game off. Was surprised as to how long this game really is and of course the huge surprise of finding out that there were more freaking robots to go through as well. If I remember correctly, we had gotten to the second set of robots before we got into trouble. I know I rented a few times before I moved on to easier games but still this is a great game to play.

19 Years Later:

Megaman 3 is still an awesome game and when I went through my Megaman I could not wait to get to this game and add it to my list of games I have beaten. Still a fun game and a wonderful endurance challenge if you plan to play it straight.

Overall Ranking:

Easily a 10 because you?re practically play two games in with Megaman 3 and the replay vaule is enormous if you have to beat it and keep on dying all the time trying to.

Now for that Catchy slogan--

"Games don't get old, just people!"

--Now for some copyright info--

Images and of course games are copyrighted to its perspective owners blah blah blah. Roms are illegal and so do not get caught blah blah blah or else blah blah blah. Reviews and opinions are my own so don't argue with me unless you can prove otherwise why this game sucks and 100% of the time you are wrong because one your either a new school gamer and don't know a good game when you see it or two, well there is no two so HA!!. All slogans, trademarks and names excluded the games I review are copyrighted to me blah blah and blah. 2007-2009 SM Old School Legend.