xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SpiderVV

Vista Service Pack 2 Your opinion

So, what'd you think about the new service pack? It didn't change anything for me, at first time I installed it, it was fine until while I was playing GTA San Andreas, suddenly the graphics card crashes. "Windows tried and recovered successfully your graphics adapter". Then it wouldn't let me copy stuff to SD Cards or pen-drives because it said it was "Write Protected" while I was like "WTF". I had to install a registry hack.Share experiences you had with this Service Pack or rate it.

Often when you install/reinstall a operating system, so I guess this counts as upgrading, sound drivers and video drivers are by far the worst when It comes to needing an update, when I had to do it to my olllld laptop it was a nightmare trying to find them, but yeah, if you have vista it should be easy, it is not microsofts fault, you get that problem with all operating systems, when I installed linux I had a simular problem. Hopes this helps.

I have used Vista during the beta stages and now with service pack 2. There has been very little change that is visible with service pack 1 or 2. The same memory hogging operating system remains the same for me. Also the ammount of programs that runs in Vista did not increase as much to my liking. The fact that windows xp now has service pack 3 and is much more improved in terms of usability for a normal pc. Vista is a system for visually distorted people, because the only thing that apeals for me in Vista is its looks. But now that can be acheived, at least 60 to 70 % in xp using various third party addons and themes.However there are these security vulnerability, that vista is yet to solve. No matter how much vista promisses there are these problems where you need to feed a lot to get any output from vista.

I did have the latest drivers. It just crashed out of nothing while I was recording a video with fraps about a monster truck bug, though I think the crash was because I was constantly teleporting from one side of the map to other because of the glitch, too much GFX power maybe since my GFX Card sucks. (nVidia GeForce 8500GT)

Though in the betas of it (SP2) I tried it on my laptop and it seemed faster but this one, no deal and I never tried the betas of Vista but I have seen screens, seemed reasonable, excluding the f*** load of bugs it had.

Edited by SpiderVV (see edit history)

vista service pack crashed my toshiba lap topVista Service Pack 2

Windows update notified me that service pack 2 was ready to be installed.  I clicked the install button and left it to run all night as the instructions said it may take hours and not to shut it down. The next day I checked my laptop and it said service pack 2 installed successfully and to press restart.  I have not been able to get back into windows since.  I've tried every option by using an f-8 boot to no avail including safe mode and system restore.  Thank you microsoft for destroying my laptop.  

-reply by Roger

hey roger..

u need to install service pack 1 before installing service pack 2...! /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley11.Gif

-reply by Nawal

I reinstalled Vista not such a long time ago and used on a fresh install Vista SP2 from their site and everything seems to work, but I didn't notice anything better than after SP1 so I don't really know what to say, sometimes it's annoying to get all those security updates, but for some time, I don't get any new updates. :P