xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tombomb318

Runetweet auto tweet your runescape level ups

This site is hosted on my Xisto account!Hey just a little info one the site I made, its called runetweet. You can find it at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . What runetweet dose is thisYou go to the site and go to the register page.My site then uses Twitters OAuth aip to make an authentication link for the user to click.When the user clicks the link they are taken to a page on Twitter that asks them if they want to give my website access to there account. If they click no. Then they don't go back to my site they just stay on twitter.If they click yes then Twitter redirects them to the second step on my website where they make an account. With the account I just want a login name and pass for the site (I tell them I don't want there rs info, because I don't (yeah this is a 1 man operation)).When they have made a user name and password they then go to the account management page where they can add a RuneScape user name to track. (as of sending this message right now there is no table to show what rs name you are tracking or to delete them, but that will be the next thing I do tonight).And that's it for them, they are done. The next part is all cron and php server side. Every 15 mins my server gos to the highscore page and pulls the users scores and logs them to a data base with the time and all the scores. The next part in the script dose some simple checks. If newscore > oldscore { send the needed info to the twitter function }; . That's it. Its a simple but complicated script.so yeah thats it, post questions, ideas, bugs here or email them to me at runetweeter@gmail.comTom