xisto Community
Ike_ve

Quit Gaming Can Gamers Quit Gaming?

This is not just a question, i don't want to see posts like: Yes, they can, no They can't. I wanna see discussions.I'm talking about gamers that play games 5to10 hours a day. Can they quit gaming? Especially WoW gamers.The gaming is so addictable. It is fun for young children and for old people. Every gamer has his taste of gaming, like i play just FPS games, they are better. After playing cs 1.6 for some time (2-3 years), 4-5 hours a day. I tried to quit playing CS. I removed CS 1.6 from my PC, after 2 days i found another game (Warcraft 3, dota.) that i got addicted to again. I made many times like this, once i didn't play cs for 6 months, but that time was when i was playing NFS MW. My point it, a gamer can't quit gaming. Maybe he can quit playing one game, but he always can find another that it will fill the void. Also, for WoW players, on the net i see many clips when boys are like they are crazy (mentally) becouse their parents deleted their WoW account. There are WoW players that play WoW 15 or more hours a day. That's why i don't want to even start playing WoW, becouse i see it is very addictable.Have you quit playing games? Have you tried..? You are not a gamer if you play games 1-2 hours a day. You are not a gamer if you don't play games at least 5 days a week.

Gamers can quit gaming. Although people who want a career or life in games/gaming wont get away from it. My life after school hopefully will be in Game Level Design and Programming. I'm currently a Source SDK Mapper, hopefully Valve release a newer source engine that can keep the Source game community alive so that I can map more :(

Hmm.. Is there any living proof on this forum that has quit from gaming? I don't think so that a gamer can quit with gaming. He can quit from a single game, but gaming, i don't think so

My uncle is proof, he used to play console games at the age of about 20+, until he got married then he stopped at the age of 27. I havent seen him play a game since, and he is now 33.

I did quit gaming. I used to play WOW for 2-3 hours a day. But I don't play that anymore. My interest has shifted from playing games to other things. A person can become addicted to something, only when there are no other things, which is more interesting than the thing he is addicted to. I have been a gamer and not game developer. So it was easier for me to quit. Even though I do play some when I get time, but only casually, not like a hardcore gamer.

A gaming addiction usually means that the person is an addictive person. Out right quitting could lead to them just finding another gap to fill that new void. I use to be able to play games for hours on end. But over the last 4/5 years, I only spend about 1-3 hours tops playing games. Though, I spend way more time on the Internet. Which I started using 4/5 years ago xD With anything, it just comes down to will power. All that time playing games, what are you going to do with it if you decide to quit? Full time job, social/family life. They can keep you occupied. Forcefully filling that void. In the end, you can't just stop. Or, that's what I have found out. You just move on to something else.

For PC gaming, personally, just take away Windows. For me, whenever i'm in Windows, it's so boring there that it actually makes me want to start playing games. Luckily i'm rarely in Windows; i can't stand not being productive for too long, so i jump over to Linux. But i guess generally it all depends on whether or not you can convince the person that they're being unproductive. Of course, it becomes slightly harder with contests that give away real money to the winners. Many people just lack self control, though.

A very long time ago(like when I was 9 yrs old), I got addicted to runescape (I know, stupid game). I somehow managed to stop it after I realized how much time I wasted playing that stupid game. After that, I've been interested into doing something more useful, like actually learning something when I'm online. After 4 years, I started playing this MMORPG called "Perfect World". After 4 days of playing, I realized I was getting addicted again, I stopped it and I will never start again!I'm a casual gamer nowadays, I play online poker with betsson poker client when I have nothing to do. I sometimes played CS:S too but I reinstalled winblows and I haven't installed it again. So yes, you can quit gaming.Game addiction is a real and serious thing, message to parents: Don't let your kid play more than 1 hr of mmorpg per day! My solution was, as simple as it sounds, jogging. Any physical activity will do! Just try! Now I'm addicted to jogging but that is a million times better addiction than game addiction!

I think everyone has played Runescape xD It's like, the game that gets us all. Until we find out about better games out there. Though, I find MMO's to be boring grind fests :/ So i've never really gotten addicted. I just keep trying them, then quickly getting bored >>' FPS shooters. Online. Well, the Battefield games, they get me. Grab me for hours. So relaxing. Shooting some guy. Though, I would never do what some halo fan did when his mum took away his Xbox. Apparantly, he scored headshots on both his parents, and then in court, the judge said "he thought they would respawn". Now, that is addiction. Or just plain bad parenting to have let their child play the game so madly.

yes they can, though it will be very hard. at least it was hard to me not to play mmorpg again. and it was also hard to stop watching anime >_<

Nop, i cant quit gaming but i quit bad playing habits like sitting for long hours and taking every progress in MMO seriously. I still do gaming now, playing Lord of The Rings Online and hardly spend 6 hours per day. Besides that, i do UI modding in LOTRO which is something i like doing since World of Warcraft.I was like everyone else, i tried quitting but the next week, i will find myself hunting for something fun to keep my mind fresh. Everyday isnt a productive day, a little distraction will eventually boost your productivity for the later part of the day.Let me put it this way, WoW isnt gaming, its a subculture.

I think the way mmo's work is the obesessions come in ways and sometimes you just get sick of the game and let it sit for a while (its what happened to me) .Use that time to find new things you enjoy doing! Its how i quit WoW :) And trust me now i look back at myself and i just cant believe that i wasted 2 years of my life on it

I've quit and come back so many times its not funny. I just removed war craft 3 (for Dota) this morning since my semester started yesterday. I no longer will be playing it during my studies but who knows if I get bored enough I will probably play again. The key here is to stay busy and not get bored.

I don't think games can quit playing just like that :D It's realy hard for active games to quit playing some game :DExample : MIlions of people plays WoW, and they are addictet to that game, and i don't think no body can help them with quiting the game :PGamers can quit realy hard, but they'll come back playing games again :)

I Think that there is something slightly depressing about somebody stuck on a computer all day playing some game. I mean,what about real games of skillsuch as chess and snooker?Games where you actually interact with other people?Computer games are probably very addictive because they give thegamer a sense of a different reality. A reality where despite anything, hehas no real danger. They give him a certain comfort. I think it's much over done though.