xisto Community
The Simpleton

How Many Of You Click On Google's Sponsered Links?

I never see ads while browsing except if I'm browsing on opera, but I can block ads in opera too, simply by not allowing iframes and javascript on sites I don't know. And have you thought that by clicking on those ads you may find something useful and benefit people. People get their paycheck, and google could improve it's services like gmail and adsense. Yes they are useless, but somebody could get a job for your clicks :(

This is a really tricky question to answer but why don't you try once :) Most of you here knows that when you search for something in google, you get two sets of results. One contains the ordinary web-page listings while another contains the sponsored web-page listings, which gives google employees their fat pay-checks :D In my experience, I have found that most of the time clicking on the sponsored listings is of no use at all, because they hardly ever show me what I'm searching for. Their titles are misleading most of the time and so I have stopped even looking at them and go through the ordinary listings.

Then again, this might not be applicable for all the keywords. Sometimes the sposored listings could save you time and get you what you're looking for in an instant. It all depends onthe keyword. So how often do you click on these listings, knowing that you're profiting google? :P Ever since I got bad results I stopped clicking on any ads at all, so google's been getting a loss of maybe few cents due to me! But when I'm, not getting what I'm looking for, why should I give profit to someone else? That's my argument.

I think I might as well add another question - do you think the sponsored listings are useful to you? Not to google, but you! They will attract you and tempt you with their clever titles and in some cases flashy banners, but will you fall in the trap?!!!

This topic is interesting.

Basically it depends on what you were looking for. Most of the time, people are worried about getting the results they want and are very keen on the search results and hardly look at these sponsored results most of the time... Even if they look they do not get the desired results - The sponsored results also show the link of the webpage it gets directed to and if they already know about a particular website and they feel it might not be of that much use, they do not prefer visiting it.

There are few reasons why and why not people visit the sponsored results.

Reason one - Sometimes they are not relevant

Since the ads are created based on the amount paid and key word relevance decided by ad publishers, there is no guarantee that all the sponsored links might be related. Yeah... I know some people might not agree with me. I will give a very practical example.

Say for example i have a company which manufactures fertilizers and when I pay a lot for technology/ software related keywords and display my website. So obviously my website will be displayed when someone is searching for a website related to softwares/ technologies... So, this is basically like bribing Google to show your/ our result on the home page. That is one reason people do not keep them on high regard and give more value... rather trust the actual results which we believe are not tampered in any way... except for the Google Algorithm which is a black box :D

Reason two - People know what they want

Most of the times, searches are very specif and the ones searching know exactly what they want and get it very quickly from the search results and there is no reason why they have to look for sponsored results. Sponsored results are very useful in case of campaigns. Say for example a company is already very famous for its x and y product and it introduces a product called z and it makes sense to advertise them in sponsored results. This basically kindles interest from reguar users to know more about the product and might click. Again... it depends...

Reason three - Not all sponsored results have answers

Not all sponsored results have answers to your questions. A website without much worth will not hold for long in peoples mind. Even if it shows up in sponsored results... people will eventually come to know that its not worth it and might not click it... it might help to advertise there during the initial stages... At the later stages... you might have to let the website speak for itself.

I also have a similar questions.

How many of you click ads inside your Gmail? I ask this because... atleast in case of search engines you are searching for something and you get these results... but in case of Mails you are reading your mails and there is not reason why you have to click the ads that show up... Yeah... if you are jobless enough and not enough mails to read in your inbox, you might click these ads. :D

This topic is interesting.

Basically it depends on what you were looking for. Most of the time, people are worried about getting the results they want and are very keen on the search results and hardly look at these sponsored results most of the time... Even if they look they do not get the desired results - The sponsored results also show the link of the webpage it gets directed to and if they already know about a particular website and they feel it might not be of that much use, they do not prefer visiting it.

There are few reasons why and why not people visit the sponsored results.

Reason one - Sometimes they are not relevant

Since the ads are created based on the amount paid and key word relevance decided by ad publishers, there is no guarantee that all the sponsored links might be related. Yeah... I know some people might not agree with me. I will give a very practical example.

Say for example i have a company which manufactures fertilizers and when I pay a lot for technology/ software related keywords and display my website. So obviously my website will be displayed when someone is searching for a website related to softwares/ technologies... So, this is basically like bribing Google to show your/ our result on the home page. That is one reason people do not keep them on high regard and give more value... rather trust the actual results which we believe are not tampered in any way... except for the Google Algorithm which is a black box :)

Reason two - People know what they want

Most of the times, searches are very specif and the ones searching know exactly what they want and get it very quickly from the search results and there is no reason why they have to look for sponsored results. Sponsored results are very useful in case of campaigns. Say for example a company is already very famous for its x and y product and it introduces a product called z and it makes sense to advertise them in sponsored results. This basically kindles interest from reguar users to know more about the product and might click. Again... it depends...

Reason three - Not all sponsored results have answers

Not all sponsored results have answers to your questions. A website without much worth will not hold for long in peoples mind. Even if it shows up in sponsored results... people will eventually come to know that its not worth it and might not click it... it might help to advertise there during the initial stages... At the later stages... you might have to let the website speak for itself.

I also have a similar questions.

How many of you click ads inside your Gmail? I ask this because... atleast in case of search engines you are searching for something and you get these results... but in case of Mails you are reading your mails and there is not reason why you have to click the ads that show up... Yeah... if you are jobless enough and not enough mails to read in your inbox, you might click these ads. :D

And have you thought that by clicking on those ads you may find something useful and benefit people. People get their paycheck, and google could improve it's services like gmail and adsense. Yes they are useless, but somebody could get a job for your clicks

I completely agree with baniboy on this one. We all are using Kontera to earn from forums in similar way. If any visitor or member clicks on the kontera ads we all are getting paid based on the turn system made by Vbulletin Mod. It is really interesting thing to keep each other have their paycheck. Advertising system is considered as bad by many people. but they do help us have some money in one way or the other atleast on the internet. And there are plenty of internet millionaire earning using blogs, forums or other ways. All this is possible because of ads. either google or other ad networks, internet is alive because of ads. otherwise we all know how hard it is to run the network/site/forums/blog using donation/product based site.

So clicking ads is not that bad things. just make sure that you're not clicking on your own sites ads. :)

I nearly always ignore the sponser ads, due to the fact that most of the time when I am doing a search, I am looking for information, not to buy something. For example, I was trying to find out when is the best time to dig and transplant Irises. If I click on a sponser link, I will find lots of companies that want to sell me Irises, but no information on propagating my own.

Well, I like to help other people, and i constantly Click on the adds ... When i visit some site, if there are some Google Adds, i rater click them first, before checking the other things on that site. I also click on my site's adds, when i can't and i would like someone clicks on my adds too :)

I do click them when 1. E-bay fails me and in desperate need of something 2. Just simply got board its amazing how many things you can learn just by clicking aroundWell that's all the reason for me to click those adds and please avoid putting them in the center of the web page really annoying for me.