xisto Community
The Simpleton

How Many Of You Click On Google's Sponsered Links?

This is a really tricky question to answer but why don't you try once :excl: Most of you here knows that when you search for something in google, you get two sets of results. One contains the ordinary web-page listings while another contains the sponsored web-page listings, which gives google employees their fat pay-checks :angel: In my experience, I have found that most of the time clicking on the sponsored listings is of no use at all, because they hardly ever show me what I'm searching for. Their titles are misleading most of the time and so I have stopped even looking at them and go through the ordinary listings.

Then again, this might not be applicable for all the keywords. Sometimes the sposored listings could save you time and get you what you're looking for in an instant. It all depends onthe keyword. So how often do you click on these listings, knowing that you're profiting google? :( Ever since I got bad results I stopped clicking on any ads at all, so google's been getting a loss of maybe few cents due to me! But when I'm, not getting what I'm looking for, why should I give profit to someone else? That's my argument.

I think I might as well add another question - do you think the sponsored listings are useful to you? Not to google, but you! They will attract you and tempt you with their clever titles and in some cases flashy banners, but will you fall in the trap?!!!

I haven't clicked it yet, and it's quite probably I won't do that :( Sorry google... They won't be useful for me, because I only looking for free infos and freeware.

Well based on your two replies I can see that you aren't very interested in clicking on the ads. But there are millions of people who just click on the ads attracted by the title and most of the time they are led to useless sites. And google can't really do anything about this because the advertiser gives google money for them to be quiet and then place misleading links in their ads, perhaps trying to reach out for customers! The more I think about it, the more I see google as a bad company!!!

But, at least google is much better then youknowwho company :excl: They're sucking your money, they're doing any effort they can do to suck your money, and there is no way that youknowwho won't suck your money in the future :( At least google doesn't suck mine, and that would be ok. And even google loves ppl clicking their ads, it still warn us if we're trying to enter harm site :angel: Maybe, few years later we can't enter youknowwho's site because google put it on the blacklist ;p

The more I think about it, the more I see google as a bad company!!!

It's not a problem to say that name aloud, akashi-san; everyone talks about how bad that "youknowwho" company is :( Well google won't be taking any money from us soon, but we can't say anything about what will happen in the future. And if we're not wrong, in the notebooks which wil come with chrome pre-installed, google will get a part of the money you pay for the notebook (so in that way chrome won't be totally free!) for now I hope google won't turn into "youknowhow" in a hurry!

youknowwho? What if I don't know who? I've clicked a few of them. Though yeah, mostly always useless :/ Google. Oh! Does it begin with M? >>;

you knew it already. yes, it begins with M. And it's M? >>;
But i'm surprised that you clicked few of them.

youknowwho? What if I don't know who?
I've clicked a few of them. Though yeah, mostly always useless :/ Google. Oh! Does it begin with M? >>;

in the documentary i saw google said that with a little money, your ad could compete with the top results. That means, if you're selling something in a category, with a little money you can compete with the top companies which show up in the free listings!! But what if your site doesn't show what it promises? You lose the customer, and you lose the money, and the only benefit is for google! That's why it is never advisable to click on google's ads - they will keep on getting their millions anyway, we should just try and save our time.

in the documentary i saw google said that with a little money, your ad could compete with the top results. That means, if you're selling something in a category, with a little money you can compete with the top companies which show up in the free listings!! But what if your site doesn't show what it promises? You lose the customer, and you lose the money, and the only benefit is for google! That's why it is never advisable to click on google's ads - they will keep on getting their millions anyway, we should just try and save our time.

You don't need money to get ranked #1 in Google results... You just have to know what you're doing, :(.

It is a fun, constant battle for a #1 spot but that's what keeps some of us going, the "cat-and-mouse" game. Nothing beats rocking out in a #1 spot for a month and then noticing you lost it again,lol.

I don't know why but i never use the adverts on the right hand side - google's adverts. As other members have said I dont think the google adverts really bring you the information you want.I dont know much about google but if your website is good, should it not come up on the first or second :(

I never click on them. When i first went online, i was thinking that the google ads are viruses or something, so i don't click them. Now i don't click them becouse there isn't ads on my Language and i'm not interested of them. Maybe, when it haves Macedonian ads, maybe i will click on them if i am interested of them. But i don't think so.

I click them once in a while, but usually the sites are not so promising, I only click them because I used to use google adsense and still am using, but not as active as I used to to get someone couple of cents for my click, but lets say statistically I click 8 google ads a year :(

Personally I us Firefox's extension, Ad-Block Plus and I dont see the ads. I have clicked on Googles Ads before though, they don't bother me really, only if they spam the page it will bother me.

Yes, i do click on google ads if they're relevant to the search query. sometimes i have found better sites from the sponsored links of google. i got result of good book shop near my place from which i can book in few hours. i wasn't aware of this site and service but because of google sponsored results i found that.another experience is sometimes some results and sponsored links are simply crap. they don't link to the worthy sites at all. i mean if sometimes you're bored and do some random google query and surf the sponsored link. it could turn out to be useless site, affilate blog etc.so these days i have decided to use the Firefox's ad-block extension. i don't want to wast my time on such waste sites.