xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DreamOn

Website Review

Hello im new here and im also new to website coding...

i made this website and i was wondering what people think..

its not completely finished and the homepage is the only one working, but im mainly looking for feedback on the design...

the image at the top in the header will change this is just a temp one until i find something to go there.

Link: Click Here

It seems very plain to me. The first thing I would do is enhance the size. In my browser the page is about 1/2 the size of my browser window (I'm running 1280*1024).If this is going to be for services such as selling PC things or whatever, I could see it as being okay. For any bigger sites, I just can't really see it as being something to visit often.

Hello im new here and im also new to website coding...
i made this website and i was wondering what people think..

its not completely finished and the homepage is the only one working, but im mainly looking for feedback on the design...

the image at the top in the header will change this is just a temp one until i find something to go there.

Link: Click Here

hmm....

Well first what is your website about?
Also, the webpage could be a little more complex. Make sure the color scheme matches what your site is about.

It is rather plain I'll admit, but not bad for a first time, prehaps a little more work, fluid width would be good, I'm on widescreen so it looks better. The font or at least the text, is very cramped. But as I said, not a terrible Job, especially if you coding it by hand.

well its based on nothing, its just to gain experience withing HTML/CSSim not sure what you meant by the fluid of the width, you mean making it use % instead of a fixed width?the text is just there as a filler, it would have images/videos or w/e the website would be based on,could anyone give me any tips/ideas on how to enchance it?thanks,-DreamOn

well its based on nothing, its just to gain experience withing HTML/CSS
im not sure what you meant by the fluid of the width, you mean making it use % instead of a fixed width?

the text is just there as a filler, it would have images/videos or w/e the website would be based on,

could anyone give me any tips/ideas on how to enchance it?

thanks,

-DreamOn

Yes, fluid means using a percentage value. I would estimate 80% or so being good for this.

Another thing to consider is whether or not there are/will be advertisements showing, and where at (top/bottom/sides?)

i dont really like adverts i think they make a website look "cheap", im not sure what other people think about them though, what do you think?what else apart from the size, could i change to make the website look more professional aswell as, an all round better look

Hmmm....Its ok but it could use some more work and I would start by making it a bit wider by 1000x700 to keep current with today' standard resolution of 1024x768. Next I would work with the coloring as that lime green isn't working great and that cheese yellow isn't working on the white background either. Also I would put in a login box on the main page instead of having a blue link at the bottom, that would be more convenient for your users. So keep working at it and look at web design resources and websites to give you some ideas.

the login is there because i was testing a cms out, which i think i will start to use now i got the hang of itthe size of the website, well i was going to make it available for all users, even the ones that use 800*600 or 600*800 whichever way around it is.logos and other information will be added, i will play about with it more and then ill bump this post once its been updated, will probs take me a while cause im also busy IRL.