xisto Community
Ike_ve

Sitcoms a.k.a Situation comedy

First of all- I HATE SITCOMS.
To see what is a sitcom (if you don't already know) visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitcoms
Many movies (series more) are made this way. One of the most popular is Friends. Friends is a sitcom series.
I hate sitcoms becouse they destroy the movie, it's anoying, boring. They shouldn't tell me when to laugh or when to go ooo-aaa...
I don't understand the use of that is it just to fill the void in the movie? Anyway, the good thing is that today there aren't many sitcoms, i guess the directors are smarter.
What do you think about the sitcoms?

I think American sitcoms and British sitcoms are very different. I generally hate the US ones, but love the British ones. With shows such as Friends in the US, everything goes over the top and seems too staged, especially the audience reactions - something often parodied in British sketch shows and humour. The UK ones are more subtle and more believable, and often feature more complex humour, and that appeals to me.I haven't really seen any sitcoms from elsewhere in the world, so I'd be interested to hear what they are like.

Have to agree there rvalkass, i HATE american comedy, i mean its not even funny its just so stupid!"Oh, i sure hope the bath doesnt overflow upstairs and flood my new sofa *goofy laugh*" Aproximately .7 seconds later.... thats right, the bath overflows and starts dripping quietly behind the character. At that point the fake audience all go "ohhhhhhhhhh" in the most exaggerated way possible and then the character either goes on holiday only to return to a flood, or the roof collapses drenching them and the lovely new sofa in water. Its just so predictable, i mean really, is the american public that dumb or are the directors just retarded?A good example of a brittish sitcom is "My Family" It is centred on a couple who have three kids and a cousin living with them. The father is grumpy and cynical, the mother loves the kids while the father make comical snide remarks. One child is frankly mental, extremely dumb and funny, the other boy is the opposite, too clever for his age! And the daughter is the classic blonde "i only care about shopping and boys" type girl. It sounds stupid but in essence its actually really good. I just cant stand american comedy, its just not funny, ever. Its predictable, childish, dumb and badly timed. Theres nothing there but cheap jokes and silly audience reactions. The Jerry Springer show is a good example....

I wouldn't agree with you that directors are retarded, after all, writers are the one that write the sketches. So they should be called retarded.<offtopic> also don't like talk shows, they're so fake. There are "laugh" and "applause" lights in the studio, how fake can it get than that? Now that's retarded, yes they can be entertaining, but all it seems to be is that some movie stars come to promote their new movie and try to sound funny. The show hosts are total clowns. </offtopic>

Now I prefer british sitcoms, but I do like friends. I don't like the other ones. I also hate that fake laughter they put in the background, If I find it funny, I will laugh. Though I also like frasier, but I'm british so I prefer our humour overall, its just the way it works, you prefer, or are more confortable in your own culture.My Family is great, but It lost a large part of itself when nick left, he was by far the best Character in the Show. and I agree with baniboy, talk shows are so acted. Also "psychics" and such, also most haunted, its just shamelessly acted, possessed, are you kidding me...

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

Aye Nick was the best charcter, the way his dad just wanted to get rid of him and his mum loved him, it was rather amusing!I dont Jeremy Kyle, thats pretty funny when he just blatantly insults them, but jerry springer, please!!! ITs ridiculous! "I married my horse" what the hell?! And then it always ends up with a ridiculous fight, someone strips or is "accidentally" relieved of their clothes, the crowd cheers and thats it. I challenge you to find a jeremy springer show that doesnt follow this format.