xisto Community
gunbound

Tsw Webcoder A free web coder that isnt worth it

I got a program from downloads.com that has a perfect rating - something that's hard to come by from their admins. Of course I tried it and at first I thought it was great. But after going a considerable amount of coding, the program seemed to have automatically formatted my html. I like to code manually, so I like to have my html in a fasion that's easy to read and find what I want when I want it. TSW WebCoder not only added code that I didn't need, but worst of all, it compacted the code into a thin column of only about 20 characters per line - breaking the code into pieces and making it hard to recognize. It took me hours to manually straighten it up. The final problem that I've noticed from it is that it's features such as "code cleanup" doesn't even work. I tried to use this to fix the problem, but all it does is delete the entire doocument. It would be disasterous to try this and then accidently save the file! I got Dreamweaver MX 2004 instead. Stay away from TSW WebCoder.

I got a program from downloads.com that has a perfect rating - something that's hard to come by from their admins. Of course I tried it and at first I thought it was great. But after going a considerable amount of coding, the program seemed to have automatically formatted my html. I like to code manually, so I like to have my html in a fasion that's easy to read and find what I want when I want it. TSW WebCoder not only added code that I didn't need, but worst of all, it compacted the code into a thin column of only about 20 characters per line - breaking the code into pieces and making it hard to recognize. It took me hours to manually straighten it up. The final problem that I've noticed from it is that it's features such as "code cleanup" doesn't even work. I tried to use this to fix the problem, but all it does is delete the entire doocument. It would be disasterous to try this and then accidently save the file!

I got Dreamweaver MX 2004 instead. Stay away from TSW WebCoder.

47086[/snapback]

I hate using Dreamweaver MX 2004 because it really eats big memory. That's why I'm trying CoffeeCup HTML 2005 and if not satisfied go back to Dev-PHP... Anyways, there's HotDog Pro, but I think it's not updated anymore.

Do you code xHTML? Don't use it! IE dosen't really renders it correctly! Instead, use HTML 4.01!