xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

Unlocked Google Android On Verizon?

Lately I've been feeling very cheated with Verizon and there phone selections. I hate how they don't like open source stuff (like Linux and Java) and how they lock there phones down so they are almost impossible to *hack* (as in terms of getting games, not pirated ones). I've always loved how the Android uses open source, and there are great apps in there like FaceBook and YouTube (which, of course, Verizon doesn't have). My question is: If I buy an unlocked Android phone, can I put it on Verizon? Even though its GSM (probably)?

If I buy an unlocked Android phone, can I put it on Verizon? Even though its GSM Unlocked Google Android On Verizon?

You won't be able to use a GSM (sim card) phone on the Verizon network - Verizon network is CDMA -- which does not use a sim card - the phone is the "sim" so to speak. If you're not down with Verizon, don't do anything to your plan that will extend your contract - when you're contract is up, there are a lot of options on the GSM network.  There's a lot of good pre-paid sims that you can get a hold of too --    zeek from "heyzeek"

-reply by zeek

converting phonesUnlocked Google Android On Verizon?I want to use the straight talk phone network, but they have cheap phones, I want to buy or use one of my verizon-alltel phones if I could convert or which type of phone can I buy to use on straight talk, thanks.-reply by tony

Verizon Wireless has some android phones for cheap. Plus you dont have to get the apps and games from the market you can reach 3rd party vendors. Any of the droids are good.