xisto Community
100janovski

Do You Wash Your Teeth? How much the members of this forum are washing their teeths

Do you wash your teeth? Why? How much on a day? When, in the morning (after sleeping), in the night (before sleeping), after eating... I wash my teeth every day after sleeping in the morning and sometimes after eating (depends what im eating). I wash my teeth because i don't want my breath to smell bad and i want to have healthy teeth's.

Strange topic, but oh well, I can say that I usually wash my teeth twice a day, before going to bed and when I wake up, I eat something and then I wash my teeth again, some people brush their teeth when they wake up and later eat their breakfast, but I don't do that, because I brushed them before going to bed and did not eat anything, so whats the point? unless you sleep for 12h or was drinking lots of beer, for that reason sometimes I bush my teeth 3 times a day. Of course, when I am somewhere near the lake with a tent or something like that, I only brush teeth once a day, because I forget or just go to sleep because I'm to tired and in the morning I brush them, maybe because of beer influence :(

oh. i believe in washing teeth! do you wash with regular hand soap, palmolive dish soap, or maybe tide? maybe you use some extra stong heavy duty soap to cut the grease and your smelly breath? do you use a tooth brush? can i suggest steel wool? that makes for some good old fashioned washing...but if you tend to wash every day, maybe ya just need a simple scrub pad. don't forget to leave some time for flossing after washing! you will need to get all those fibers from the scrub pad or steel wool out from in between your teeth

now Quatrux, i am confused. in the beginning of your post, you said you wash your teeth. at the end, you said you BRUSH your teeth. which is it? do you wash your teeth or brush your teeth? if you brush your teeth, i think that is a bit off topic for this thread as we are talking about washing our teeth

Do you wash your teeth? Why? How much on a day? When, in the morning (after sleeping), in the night (before sleeping), after eating... I wash my teeth every day after sleeping in the morning and sometimes after eating (depends what im eating). I wash my teeth because i don't want my breath to smell bad and i want to have healthy teeth's.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

This topic is a bit strange.... but still I have seen such topics in Xisto from time to time. Its a welcome change from mundane topics. :excl:

But I was a bit curious after reading "Wash your teeth"... Do you wash your teeth or brush your teeth? Need not answer this. Was curious... and I know the answer. Another point was "How much"... Shouldn't it be like "How many?" :(.

Yeah... I know you meant.. "How many".

Usually it is recommended to brush your teeth twice in a day. But generally people do it only once in the morning after they get back from their sleep. That is what has been taught to them from the beginning. Doctors recommend to brush your teeth twice. I have this interesting information to share... Few years back, one of my friends was giving me this interesting piece of info... regarding brushing your teeth multiple times....

Guess what the interesting piece of info was?

Not to brush your teeth multiple times. Recommended is only once per day. The reason being us spoiling the enamel (You want to know what an enamel is? - It is more like an outer protective coat for the teeth - If you want to get more information on Enamel -- Link here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_enamel) of the teeth. Another piece of info. Friend of mine is a dentist and there was no arguing. POint taken halfheartedly... But why do so many websites an doctors recommend brushing your teeth twice? Main reason being our mouth not being cleaned after we have food and the germs have more free time to act on them during the night.

But if you want an apt answer... please read the below link. It is from about.com and I am sure there has to be some credibility to the attached info...

http://dentistry.about.com/od/

Hope this helps.

And coming to your question.... How many times do I brush?

Usually only once. Sometimes twice. depending on what I eat for dinner and when it is so boring and someone raises concern about such things. Like your topic today. Brushing my teeth now. :angel:

I brush my teeth once a day and after eating, how do I call it, "smelly" food like garlics, onions and stuff that makes your breath stink :(

I lost my habit to brush them 3-4 years ago, but I regained the habit with the.. power.. erm.. help of my parents, especially my mom :angel:

The reason for everything else is obvious.

on thing about moms when we are kids is that we hate the *BLEEP*ing, but later on in life we realize our parents just want the best for us and it's a healthy routine we can pass down to our own children. aside from healthy teath, we need healthy GUMS as well.

feel fortunate that you have parents to instill those things in you. there's alot of kids out there that don't. some parents don't even care enough. appreciate your mom:)

I brush my teeth once a day and after eating, how do I call it, "smelly" food like garlics, onions and stuff that makes your breath stink :(

I lost my habit to brush them 3-4 years ago, but I regained the habit with the.. power.. erm.. help of my parents, especially my mom :angel:

The reason for everything else is obvious.

OMG, this is the weirdest question I have seen on trap 17 so far. as for me I think it's dirty to be without your teeth ever brushed. Firstly you do in the morning are your daily job which includes going to the toilet, brushing your teeth, making your bed and of course a cup of tea or coffee. I cannot imagine a day when I can remain for our without brushing my teeth, it's so bad that your mouth stinks. Oh you will lose your self-esteem soon, if you do not brush your teeth and come in front of others and find yourself in an embarrassing situation with people moving their face away from you. Also as regular hygiene you must never forget to brush your teeth as it gives you such a good feeling, a fresh feeling of your breath. Start a day feeling good and you will feel good the whole day. And yes, late risers in the morning too often forget to brush their teeth before they have anything to eat, because there is too little time for them, even to realise that they even exist or at least important to some people in the world. They are thus lost in their own world in believing that the world is going around in the normal pace. And, of course, you may have a tooth ulcer, or an aching tooth, cavities and pioreah (spelling may be wrong).

Yes, I brush and floss after every meal if for no other reason than to avoid the dentist chamber of horrors. It's a pain in the butt. It's a laborious chore, and I hate it. Yet I know if I don't keep on top of all those nasty bacteria I'll end up in the chamber of horrors. Some people can get away with less brushing and flossing. Apparently, it's all about the kind of bacteria swarming around your mouth. I harbor a vile strain that quickly commandeers my oral cavity if even a day's brushing is missed. Here's a tip I learned from a dentist who actually gave a damn: if you feel like an infection is starting up in your gum tissue, rinse your mouth out with hydrogen peroxide (H202), and brush your teeth with baking soda. It really does work!

brushing with both those is also a good way to whiten your teeth.

in all searious and honesty, people should only brush two times a day. the more you brush, the more sensitive your teeth and gums will be. also, you don't really want to brush away all that enamal. once in the morning(After breakfast), and definately once before bed. flossing should be a routine, but i rarely floss myself.

rinse your mouth out with hydrogen peroxide (H202), and brush your teeth with baking soda. It really does work!

Yes I certainly do. I feel it's nice to brush my teeth very well and get all the dirty cavities and dirty plack out. Then use some erm...what is it called..err, Listerine (correct me if wrong). :( Anyone else?

you wouldn't have to get all that dirty stuff out if you brushed your teeth :angel: yes. listerine. i use the stuff every day. good strong stuff

Yes I certainly do. I feel it's nice to brush my teeth very well and get all the dirty cavities and dirty plack out. Then use some erm...what is it called..err, Listerine (correct me if wrong). :( Anyone else?

HO HO HO HO...

This is a very good question because I am sure that there is a lot of persons that never leanr the boy´s lesson of how you have to wash your teeth.

When I was child my fathers ordered me to wash my teeth. I understand the teeth health importance until I was 14 when I had my first girlfriend.

Yes I certainly do. I feel it's nice to brush my teeth very well and get all the dirty cavities and dirty plack out. Then use some erm...what is it called..err, Listerine (correct me if wrong). smile.gif Anyone else?

Are you sure? I think that you probably had the same problem like I had.

Remember all the children. Wash your teeth at least 3 times a day.

Regards

I brush my teeth once a day, stories such as my dad getting dentures is enough to motivate me to do so.

I brush my teeth twice a day. One time when i get up from sleep, and the other before sleeping. Sometimes i brush them more if i eat some stinky food or if i go out. Always, before going out from home i brush my teeth and chew a gum to avoid stinky breath. Sometimes, when i'm really tired, i don't brush my teeth before sleeping.