xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
100janovski

Terminator Salvation Movie review and discussion about the older movies

Text quoted from here.

Posted Image

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins will reinvent the cyborg saga with a storyline to be told over a three-movie span. The film is set in the future, in a full-scale war between Skynet and humankind.

On January 6th 2008, producer John Middleton had the following to say about the movie: "It's post-apocalyptic. It's set after the events of [Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines], where we see the nuclear exchange at the end of the movie, and we show what the world is like after this event, and we show how people try to deal in a post-apocalyptic world. And we introduce a new character, who becomes very important to the resistance and to John Connor, a new hero. It's really about the birth of a new hero."

About John Conner, he said: "I would look at him as a character that is introduced and that will grow in the second and third movies of the trilogy."

On Arnold Schwarzenegger's involvement in the film: "He has been approached, and in the early days of our development of T4, one of our producers, Andy Vajna, who's a good friend of his, spoke to him about doing a cameo. This was even before he was governor. But we know now that he is governor, he's got priorities that are above doing movies."

PLOT

In this new installment of The Terminator film franchise, set in post-apocalyptic 2018, Christian Bale stars as John Connor, the man fated to lead the human resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators.

But the future Connor was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past.

As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus both embark on an odyssey that takes them into the heart of Skynet's operations, where they uncover the terrible secret behind the possible annihilation of mankind.

WE SAY

To be honest we weren?t all that excited when a fourth Terminator movie was announced. And when it emerged that Arnie will only have a small cameo in it (if at all!) and that it will be directed by the pretentiously named McG whose credentials include the brainless Charlie?s Angels movies we just rolled our eyes and gave up on the whole affair.

After all, when one is honest about it, the three Terminator movies made thus far are basically the same movie made over and over again: an artificial intelligence from a future in which mankind is battling for its survival against said machines sends an unstoppable killing machine back in time to kill the man who will lead the human resistance before he is born or just a boy.

But it seems the future has finally arrived . . .

When it became apparent that Terminator 4 won?t be rehashing that whole plot again (after all, how can they after the ending of Terminator 3 ? Rise of the Machines?) and that it will be largely set in the post-apocalyptic landscape in which humanity is pitted in a desperate battle for survival only glimpsed in the various movies we perked up. When they cast new action god Christian Bale (Batman in The Dark Knight) we really started paying attention. Hey, this new Terminator flick just might be worth checking out after all . . .

And then came that teaser trailer . . .

So: consider us excited. Terminator Salvation as the fourth movie is now officially titled just might be a worthy entry in the franchise, one that might even equal any of Jim Cameron?s entries (come on! did you see that trailer?). Or will at least be better than the tired rehash that was Rise of the Machines . . .

I've didn't watch this movie, but according to the review sure it's good. Terminator, as kid i loved the movie very much :angel: My favourite scene was when the kid with a dirt bike (i love dirt bikes) runs from the bad guy (the bad guy was with truck i think) and from nowhere comes Terminator with a Hurley Davidson and save's him from the bad guy. Then i remember the last scene when Terminator gonna shut down him by entering a meltet hot metal (like lava) and the movie end's. :( What do you think about Terminator Salvation and the older Terminator movies?

Without Arnie I don't think I can bear to watch a Ternminator movie! It just won't feel the same without him. That's why I haven't watched this one yet, but the reviews have been pulling me so I guess it's time to give it a try.Coming to the older terminator movies, 1 and 2 were great, but 3 was not so good, but still bearable My favourite is the second one with all the twists at the end! I must have seen it at least a twenty times...

Issn't Terminator Salvation suppose to be the last Terminator movie? Since it's where John destroys Skynet was certain it'd be ending the series. I love the Terminator movies, they are very interesting. :( Just hope the series doesn't end after the Salvation movie.

I did not like the terminator salvation, even the first and second movies had more cool war effects then this one, i liked more, the first movie was great, but the second was absolutely awesome, the third was also great, this one i did not like because i could not relate to the 3 previous movies, which by the way, had Arnold Schwarzenegger, and that alone makes all the difference.I wished Arnold Schwarzenegger was younger and had a participation in this termination salvation movie, i really wished, but now it is too late anyway, besides all that, this terminator salvation had its production started a long time ago according to my knowledge, i guess they had time to produce a better movie in many ways, not just concerning the effects and the cast and choosing of actors, if i had to choose the acting leads for this terminator 4 movie, i would not have chosen what they have.

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

I've didn't watch this movie, but according to the review sure it's good. Terminator, as kid i loved the movie very much :excl: My favourite scene was when the kid with a dirt bike (i love dirt bikes) runs from the bad guy (the bad guy was with truck i think) and from nowhere comes Terminator with a Hurley Davidson and save's him from the bad guy. Then i remember the last scene when Terminator gonna shut down him by entering a meltet hot metal (like lava) and the movie end's. :( What do you think about Terminator Salvation and the older Terminator movies?

The movie was not that great. It was OK. Could have been better.

The sound and visual effects were good. But the story was not convincing enough...

The Arnold machine was very obvious... Overall i would give a rating of 2.5 on a scale of 5.

Hope the future versions are better... assuming that there is one. :angel:

Comparison:

When I have to compare this with the other movies that got released at the same time... X-Men was better than this.

Did any of you guys watch Transformers 2?

If so... how good is the movie?

I really loved Terminator 1 and 2 when I was a kid, really good movies, but when I saw Terminator 3 it got really funny to me, after a while I saw Terminator 4 and it really disappointed me, but oh well :( It's supposed to be like that I guess. :angel: