xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TiGrE

What's The Difference Betwen Nvidia Geforce 6200 And 5200?

I've asked my cousin (he is programmer) what's the difference and he told me there is no difference!Is that true? I have 6200 but something is wrong with the 3D parts. I can't play games, it's freezing my screen.If someone has the some problem and fixed it, post please! I want to play Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 :(

There is a difference.  The 6200 is one generation newer than the 5200.  Nvidia uses a naming scheme where the first number denotes the generation of the card and the other three denote the performance of the card.  In terms of performance, the 6200 is probably slightly more powerful than the 5200.

If you are having problems playing games, I would suggest looking up your graphics card at http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and installing (or reinstalling) the latest driver for it.

I have an nVidia GeForce 5200. Even if there was 'no' difference in anything but the power, an un-updated driver could cause a HUGE difference. When I had Sim City 4, everything was invisible and looked awful. I updated the drivers on nvidia.com and it fixed the problem. I think these video cards are a bit old though.. my 5200 couldn't run very graphic intensive games years ago and the game you're playing is from 2009. It's a sad fact that you half to buy expensive video cards to play half the games on the market especially if you want them to look like they were designed (high quality graphics)

More recent games are much more demanding in terms of graphics displays. I suspect nothing is wrong with your card, it is just outmached by the demand that the game places upon it. My computer is only about a year and a half old, I have a GeForce 8600, and it chokes up sometimes while playing Unreal.

I've tried from upgrading the drivers (and downgrading), cleaning out from dust, putting new thermal grease under the stock cooler and nothing worked :angel: I am using this GPU a year and four months on my PC. Now i am using it with disabled Hardware Acceleration (it's set to None) and Write combining and for surfing the internet it's good, but for gaming is freezing :(

hmm.. How can u use a graphic card and disable hardware acceleration ?I think there's something wrong with your graphics card. .. Though this card is pretty old but I don't think its possible to disable hardware acceleration.Anyways.. 6200 will not run any of the new games since they are designed for a faster GPU and your card is pretty old. Also , The new games need PhysX and things like SM 3.0 or 4.0 to work up properly So even if they run you won't be able to see the textures properly.I don't even know if your card even supports Direct X 9 ?Anyways If you want to run newer games, I'll suggest you buy a new graphics card. check out Radeon 4850 and 4870:(Hope this helps.

Actually, it DOES support DX9, which most games use. Very few, if any, games require DX10. NO GAME REQUIRES PHYSX, NONE, EVER! The difference is in the hardware architecture, and boy is there a difference. You can run Left 4 Dead fine, though it may look like crap, but IDK about PES09. I would think a driver update is in order, you will be fine. Also, just because your cousin is a programmer, doesn't mean he knows about the hardware side of things.