xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TiGrE

My Gpu Is Heating Over 55c

Can someone help me?!?! My GPU (graphic card) is over heating.The heat rises over 55C. I've watching my gpu temperature with SpeedFan.I afraid that i will need a new gpu i can't afford it. (i am broke, i don't have money:(Btw i have Inno3D nVidia 6200 256MB on AGP.Help?

Edited by TiGrE (see edit history)

What's supposed to be its normal temperature? How do you know that's not normal for your card? A graphics card overheating doesn't necessarily mean it's the graphics card's fault. It could be faulty drivers or something unrelated to the graphics itself. My graphics card is always above 55 Celsius, whether its doing small or expensive tasks—though, i admit, my card is slightly overclocked.

55c on Geforce 6200 is very normal. Compared against my old ATI Radeon 9800 Pro for Mac, it idles at 53c and 67c in full load.One possible way to lower the temperature by a degree or 2 is to clean off the dust that clog by the HSF of the graphic card and the overall chassis for improved airflow.Another way is to have a proper push pull airflow in your casing. So those heat wont trap around the lower area of your computer casing that would brings up the temperature.

I agree with onscreen, just to see if your computer needs a dusting and see if you can add a fan or two inside of your computer to help cool the overall case and should help. the reason for that is your card doesn't seem to have a way to attach a fan to the graphics card itself and so you have to attach some fans to the computer itself. Or do a poor mans cooling and put a fan next to the vents and let it blow in that way.