xisto Community
TiGrE

What's Your Real Name?

I wonder how many people will actually give out their real name on an open forum like this? I understand you're doing this out of curiosity but I think most would prefer being anonymous .. like me :(

:angel:There is no bad reason to know our real names. I am sure someone has the same name as you, but if you like to stay anonymous then stay, that's your opinion :(

Ray Boyington.It really doesn't matter if you give out your real name or not... people can simply look you up using tidbits of your own information that you already put out. I'm not afraid to put my real name out there because I want you to know that I am a genuine person and I'm not here to play anonymous, but to actually share information, learn, network, and present myself as who I am.It's not a bad thing to put your name on a public forum, but it's also not a bad thing to avoid doing so. Depending on how you look at things, both choices can be smart. Reasons for not wanting to release such information onto a public forum would include being paranoid of being targeted by someone for some reason, or just to retain and keep personal information secure, or what-have-you. But think about how much personal information you put onto your MySpace profile or your FaceBook page. Some of us can agree that it is beneficial to release personal information in such instances like a LinkedIn profile to expand your professional as well as casual network. If you think along those lines, you can probably see why it makes sense to establish a sort of virtual persona for people to recognize.Of course, I wouldn't do anything like put my cell phone number on here because you guys would prank-call me to death. :angel: If you Google for my name as I put it up there, what's awesome is that the first few things that show up include my LinkedIn profile, my oDesk profile, my Facebook page, and a few other things that are unrelated to me. (Apparently there was a chemist/biologist/scientist by the same name who lived in the 1800's.) How's that for good exposure? :(

You can bet your ... i am not going to give you here my real name, there are many crazy people out there in this crazy world, you should never reveal your real name on an internet page, if anyone wants to do harm to you, first thing he/she does is to try to gt some intel about you on google search engine.Google search engine already indexes too many information about the citizens of the united states of America, even phone numbers, just check the what google can do with Google's advanced operators, and then you will give me reason to speak like this.

Miladin Miladinoski, my surname is my username.I don't care about giving out personal information, especially something simple as a first name ha!, sue me! :(Ray is right when he says that if someone wants to get your information, he can easily Google your nickname (IMO more than 90% use the same username/nick across all the sites) and find it really quick.