xisto Community
anwiii

Seo Tip For The Beginner follow my seo tip for the beginner or buy a lot of advil

when i first started out researching the web and what it had to offer, i knew nothing. i was a beginner. a newbie trying to walk. i researched everything. not just how to build a website, but how to get it known so people will visit it. so right now i want to give an seo tip for the beginner that will save you a lot of time and headache if you understand the concept behind my tip.One of the most important things in seo are keywords. NOT the keywords in the metatags anymore. they are almost absolete believe it or not. i am talking about the keywords in your domain name, in your title tag, in your description tag, in your alt tags, in your body text, etc... you want to target not 20, not 10, not 5, but maybe 3 keywords for each page you create. i will leave keyword density importance for another day since that is important too and need a balance of how your keywords are displayed. not spamming your page with keywords, and not listing them only once or twice either. a BALANCE! anyway, on to my seo tip for the beginner using keywords...how do you choose your 3 keywords? DON'T be competitive. there are too many people trying to compete for the same keywords embeded in their website. out of all those people competing, how many get in the top 10 results on google(which is the engine you want to optimize for)? ONLY 10! i will repeat. ONLY 10! look at how many results are displayed when you enter a keyword in to google. 10 million results? 50 mil? put the results in quotes. now how many results do you get? 3 million? 15 mil? you think you're gonna get in the top 10? maybe after a few years of working your behind off.now insted of targeting with the competitive keywords that get 1,000 clicks a day in google, create 10 pages that target 30 keywords that are less competitive....say 100 clicks a day instead of 1,000. what you have effectively down is create a less competitive market, but will recieve the same amount clicks on average. you will be also saving yourself a lot of time working on just 1 page. also, you 10 pages an be linked together which will give your main page(usually your domain name) more relevancy to your keywords. google loves that and will boost your ranking quicker. beause your keywords aren't as competitive, your rankings will go up 10 times as fast. Some people agree not to use one word keywords. i agree. some people say to use 2-3 word kay word phrases. i disagree. i say to use 4-5 word keyword phrases. they have absolutely VERY little competition, and people who are specific in their searches will type in those non competitive key words. you site will SHOOT to the top 10 in no time....even if google sees your domain as new and less relevant.If you can create now 100 pages of these sites that would only get you 10 clicks a day for each page which equals 1000 clicks. and hey. you don't just have 1 page in the top 10. not 10 pages in the top 10....but 100 little pages that took a half a day to create for each page. link them all together to your main page, and you will OWN part of that industry where google is concerned.Why try to get your site noticed by working hard for 2 years when you can do it in 3 months to achieve the same goal? in this case and example, 1000 click to your website. Now if you ever run out of content to create more webpages on the same theme as you main page, create another theme and start all over again.i hope people understand this concept of my seo tip for the beginner because it can open doors and new possibilities rather than frustration and thinking getting on the top 10 is impossible.i am not going to reference any links to keyword tools here. keyword discovery is a good tool. so is the 7 search tool. the free tool at word tracker now is limiting bust still a little bit usefull and definately worth worth paying money to for the paid version. google adwords also has a good keyword tool. DO YOUR RESEARCH.the reason i brought up key word tools is you will need them to find out approximately how much traffic a keyword is getting and they can give you suggestions on keywords that are similar. you will need these tools everytime you create another page.if you can follow this one seo tip for the beginner that i feel is more important than off page links to your site(but still VERY important!!! and unless you are going to try and compete with the bigger boys), soon.....you will no longer be a beginner.good luck out there. it's a big world out there on the net, but easier than one may think so survive!

No single keywords? I never heard about that before, but right now I have conquered many longer keywords (I'm targeting "Disturbed" and I'm #2 for Disturbed forum and #1 for disturbed message board). How would you suggest I to about targeting that keyword?Great guide though, and I've seen the addition of h1 tags helping me as well.

I am going to share my knowledge with you, and with proof too, i have my website and blog on the top of google for its key words and key phrases, and a lot more then just that, a lot more.

First of all, here is the proof, i have a website/blog about free flash clocks, so the main keywords for my web site is flash clocks and free flash clocks without the quotes of course, but you can use them too, my website will be there too.

My website about flash clocks is at:
http://freeflashclocks.eu/blog

My web site is the first about flash clocks
Flash Clocks - Google Search

My web site is the first and second about free flash clocks
Free Flash Clocks - Google Search

------------------

How did i do it? How did i insert my website about flash clocks on the top of google search engine? Easy in one way, difficult in the other.

The most important thing to put your web site on top of results at google search engine are links, you must have links from web sites pointing to your website with anchor text as your web site subject, or it will not work as a page rank vote.

Page rank vote is when a popular and credible web site, about the same subject of your web site, puts a link to your web site on his front page or in any other indexed page of its web site.

It is not enough of course, you must always have your web site organized, with all links working, with the stuff people want, so that people come to your web site to get it.

You do not need a super search engine optimized page with all the calculated meta tags, descriptions and keywords, you need to have a good web site, that people like, that people want to visit to get something for them, if that happens, many web sites will link to your web site once it comes popular among the people, then google will index your web site, and depending on how much quality links your web site has from credible web sites (credible by google), then it will happen naturally.

------------------

If you go to my website about free flash clocks, you will notice that it is a blog, more like a personal blog then a professional one, it has a cool theme, all the links work (pretty much, sometimes it happens to have a link error, a link or two does not work, but there are tools to crawl your web site or blog to check for not working links), there are many useful and interesting articles and categories, besides all the flash clocks in categories too, well, you can see that my blog as stuff anyone would find it useful at least for once.

If you use my web site about flash clocks as an example to make your web site on the top results at google for your web site subject, you will get there i assure you, remember you will need to find good web sites to exchange links with your web site, if you need help with that, just reply in this topic or send me a private message.

Do not get in those programs of web sites that clam to put your web site on top of google if you paid them money, that does not work, and google tend to ban your web site too, google search engine has a very intelligent set of algorithms with hundreds of variables, perhaps even more, i do not know for sure, but i am sure it will ban you if google indexes paid links to your web site, trust me, i am a SEO Expert, SEO means search engine optimization, which means to optimize a web page to insert it on the top of search engines, like google, in a specific key word or key phrase.

Example of a Key word - flash
(A key word is only a word)

Example of Key words or key phrase - flash clocks
(Key words or key phrase is the use of 2 or more key words, all related to one subject only)

You can only optimize a web page for the search engines for one keyword or one key phrase, if you try to optimize it for more then 1 key phrase, it will not work, the best option is to focus to one subject only, use key work popularity and key word density to optmize every page of your web site.

------------------

Sorry if this reply is little bit desorganized, but i do not have time to organize it as i want, but i am sure you understood what it takes to actually SEO your web site and all the pages of it to insert it on the top of google search engine for your web site subject, good luck.

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

i remember looking at your page a while back. i remember you did a good job with it too.as far as seo though, your information is a bit off. you CAN optimize for more than one keyword or phrase. it's just that the most keywords you want to optimize for, the harder it's going to be. when you are talking about other companies being bad to do your seo for you, that is just wrong to say. yes, many companies will claim to put you at #1. they usually do, BUT not for any relevant or usefull keyword. some companies wil use what is called black hat techniques. those are the companies i feel you were referring to. some companies go straight by the book and you have just discredited the legitimate co's. you talked about pr like you know some secret to it. in fact, not many even know how pr works. also, if you pay attention to your competition, pr doesn't even mean you will rank well for any keyword. it does however have something to do with what you mentioned in getting relevant back links. BUT the key word there is RELEVANT and nobody really knows how google determines that or defines that word.if you can give any references to the things i thought were a bit off, please give them. i would like to read themgetting back links are pretty easy. all you have to do is do a search for the keywords you want to optimize for. take the first 5 sites and copy the urls down for future reference. THEN do another search in google with link:competitorsDOMAIN.com for all 5 urls you saved. this will give ALL the pages that have posted your comptitors website link.once you save all the linked pages, find the add url page. some websites have them and chances are that over 75% of your competitors back links originally were posted on an add url page. i the websites to have one, write the webmaster and ask permission to trade links. outbound links are important to because it gives your site more relevancy. the best incoming links are those that you don't have to link back to though. i thinks blogs normally do well in seo do to the nature of how blogs are set up. all the pages link to eachother in a way that gives keywords more relevance in the search engines. blogs can be limiting though even if you download all the addons. the best way in my opinion is creating a website around your theme, and THEN create a blog. blogs also do well because normally the content is updated regulary and always changes. on a website the content doesn't change as much unless you have a news feed. adding a newsfeed is the easiest way to update your content automatically...either from a news feed you didn't create yourself or a news feed that you DID create.creating your own newsfeed is the way to go. after you submit your newsfeed, it's an easy way to get your back links to relevant sites since they would only add yours if it was relevant to their site. so not only does it fair better for seo, you will get a lot more traffic to your website through people reading feed. you don't even have to be in the top 100 rankings to get those extra clicks.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

The point of my reply was to help you, help you with my extensive experience in optimizing web sites for search engine, specifically for the google search engine, do not misunderstand my point or purpose, take under advisement if you want, but you better believe in everything i said if you really want to learn a little bit of SEO.SEO is not a exact science, is an art, why, because nobody knows exactly the secrets, or more exactly, the programming algorithms of search engines, being Google as the most important search engine to know about since more then 80 percent use it instead of other search engines, web sites even create their own search engines based and enhanced by Google search engine algorithms, by the way, everyone can do it with the proper free license.I shown you proof of my achievements, but you do not know my entire experience in SEO, nor i will tell you, i just had to show you the one project that is both personal and active to me at present time.I did not understand you what you mean by off, what did i say that is off SEO, nothing, absolutely nothing, with that knowledge you could raise your web site to the top of google at least, in time of course, all SEO that is done the right way (White Hat as may know about it since you referred to Black Hat), and not with Black Hat methods which sooner or later, Google will find and ban your web site for a very long time or forever, most likely forever, you would have to buy a different domain most likely.I did not say that it is forbidden to make SEO for a web page in many different key phrases or keywords, it is clear that i gave a recommendation based on my experience, and my experience comes from reading a lot and actually experiencing which is where you really learn, theory is one thing.Tell me some of your work in SEO, maybe you could show me/us where did you get your information, experience and so confidence about the subject of SEO, i would appreciate it and would love to learn from it.Google has a system vote to rank web sites, which is called Google Page Rank, no other search engine has it like that or it calls it like that, not even Yahoo (they wish i am sure), and basicaly, works like this, if a Google indexed and credible web site has a link on one of its web site pages pointing to your web site, that link counts as a vote in order for your web site to go to the top of google search engine for the subject key word/phrases of your web site.If you get many quality links, not a add url page like you talked about, you can have 1000 add url pages in some poor web sites with no key word/phrase relevancy, you it does not make a difference to google, only relevancy.You do not have to waste much time in meta-tags, keywords and descriptions of all the pages of your web site, you just have to do the basics of that, nothing too extreme because google does not give that much value.What google values is quality links from good web sites to your website and to many different pages of your web site, a good title, a good description with less then 160 characters, and a couple of the most active and searched key word/phrases related to your web site subject, a secure web site, no adult nor illegal stuff, honest stuff only.If you have the above things, then after a time, unknown by SEO experts, Google will then find your web site credible to index content, then it will index it all, if you fail one of the above things, specially the adult or illegal stuff, you will not need to work on that domain again, unless you want to for the sport.Now why links count as much value, because web site administrators with established web sites are not crazy people, are intelligent persons, and once google finds their web sites good to be in the top of google is because google trust their opinions, so one of their links counts like gold.I am tired of writing, just learn as i did and still do, but you are still very green in the subject of SEO, sorry to for the honesty.

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

sorry. i guess you misunderstood. i don't need any help in this subject. as far as my resources. heck. i can't really name all my resources over a 10 year period. currently however, i have been reading matt cutts blog. there are probably very few other people that are as credible when it comes to google in general.page rank has something to do with how google ranks pages for keywords, but very little. like i said. pay attention to a websites page rank. compare the page rank to other websites with a lower page rank that gets ranked higher in the search engines for similar keywords. page rank is a system that has to do with links. relevant links and irrelevant links and how, if a page has a high page rank, can increase your own page rank. this topic had nothing to do with page rank because a high page rank has little to do with seo for the beginner and in fact, has little to do with seo. google has a seporate algorythm for page rank as they do with ranking a website for a certain key word. they are totally different algorythms.i don't really feel i am naive at all on this subject. when i first started out, i did EVERYTHING black hat. created tons of doorway pages, created hidden text that would embed all my keywords. created subdomains for all my pages, etc...that doesn't work anymore. i know from experience. those websites still around using those techniques will soon fall. 5 years ago is when i started doing everything legitimate...but really haven't been around to work on anything inparticular. i have however helped others in my spare time. now i don't understand how you can ever think i am not extensively knowlegable when if i count up all my hours of research, it would be over 5000. when i count up all my hours putting my knowledge to practice, that would add up to over 1000 hours.so when i ask you for any resources to validate what you are talking about, it means i disagree with you, but i may be wrong. i want to see where you got your information and determine if it's credible.i can write a 1000 page book on seo. but this thread was an seo TIP for the beginner :angel:right now, i am currently working on a huge project that is taking hours and hours out of my day to try to complete. it will be at least a 1 year project in getting ranked high for high competition key words. started about a week ago. this is a project that i WILL put ALL my past and current knowledge in. the top website for the keyword i am targeting is a blog....so i have my work cut out.funny thing is, i only had my domain for about 2 weeks. i have no back links and i haven't posted my website anywhere. google found it and it has me stumped as to how. i didn't want it known yet due to all the broken links and unfinished pages that will take me another month to complete. so while others complain about how their site isn't listed, mine got listed in one week when i didn't even want it listed. go figure :( maybe they got it through g-mail when i signed up for an email account. who knows.

here is an seo tip for your flash clocks website. from viewing your site for only a minute, it looks like a word press layout. you don't have your catagory titles OR your page titles in your url. you can ensure your already good ranking if you change how your blog displays your url. it looks like you are using the default setting. that is bad seo. better seo is to change it to display your catagory titles and page titles.now you already have a high page rank for a couple keywords, BUT, with those simple changes, you can get a better ranking for other keywords SPECIFIC to any one of your pages. i didn't even look at your page source. if you don't have the addons for seo, you should get them. they will create metatags for all your pages automatically based on your title and keywords and other neat stuff you need for better seo on your pages.haha while i was writing this, i forgot to close out your page and heard your digital clock go coo coo.....coo coo....coo coo haha. neat.

Another important aspect of SEO is the odds of finding customers who have a greater propensity to purchase what you are selling. For instance you target less clicked keywords to get more people coming to the site as explained in the first post, but also another factor is finding the kind of keywords that will bring people who will follow through to a purchase from your site (not just visiting the site for a short amount of time or bouncing off).For example a specific such as "quality purple silk bowtie", rather than "silk bowtie". Or even mention specific brands of bowties (for people in the know about them).

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

One of the most important factor to rank high in your chosen keyword is to have it your Keyword. A simple SEO trick of placing a link to your main page with your keyword as an anchor text could have a positive result in your search engine ranking. Content is king, so be sure to have good, well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase. e sure you have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site. And, if you MUST have the name of your company in it, put it at the end. Make sure your site is easy to use. This can influence your link building ability and popularity and, thus, your ranking.

SEO has been divided into two parts as ON page SEO and OFF page SEO. Both field have equal importance and both are slightly different. ON page factors deals with the page itself and OFF page related to the link building. If one is using SEO techniques then he/she must be aware about the updates of the search engines updates which are related to search of any query.

After doing SEO for soooo many years.. I would like to say something about this here...1. almost every website you reach out there, uses google technologies someway or other.2. google knows a lot more about your content through your visitorsFew years back - search engine relied mainly on scanning the content and replying with the most relevant result in SE-index / database.Now, Judging the good content is the whole purpose of Search Engines.How do you Define GOOD content?But Hey... Good Content was OLD story... We are now talking about Google. Its now, more than a search engine.My discussion goes to 2 directions here from SEO perspective :-A. Are we targetting any other search engine than Google ? (10% of the Total Market)B. Are we Targetting Google? (90% of the Market)So, Obviously, the answer being B - We are not talking Search Engine Optimization any more.... its Google Optimization.So, How does Google define a Good Search Result?1. Read only your Website Data and Compare it with BILLION others and give you Points ??2. See how many other Sites link to you and Give you Points?3. Study your visitors behavior on your Website and then decide whether you are Good or Bad ?Our Own interaction with Websites give our a lot of key information about how much we like the website. Well, not from one person .. but imagine, millions of people surfing and constantly giving data to google about their behaviour with different sites. If you were Google ? Would you let this Data go Waste?There are many many good websites out there who are competing with each other and you want Google to tell you.. the BEST. The solution is to build a Super Computer with a an Articfical Intelligence superior to humans which properly predicts What "we" are going to like. OR Simply watch us and decide what we like :)The Moral of the Story :- Shortcuts to Top-Page of Google is reducing exponentially by every passing day because Google gets smarter faster than your SEO techniques. So.. Please focus on doing the REAL thing and using your Website as an effective Tool - as it should be. If you still got time - make your site better for your visitors :) google will know... ;) Adding a few keywords to your page aint gonna make any difference... anymore.