xisto Community
TiGrE

Free Sms - Mozilla Firefox Addon How to send free SMS

Thanks for this. Might be quite useful actually. :( I'm going to download and install this. Though I hope we can actually send texts and things. (WITHOUT subscriptions etc...)

This appears to only work in certain countries.. luck of the draw, I suppose.

Witch are...?
I tried sending a text to a friend on O2 (UK) and he has not even received the message yet. :/ I sent it like...10 minutes ago.

Hmmm I bet this doesn't even work, Like the App store I tried getting similar to this however it took 30 minutes for them to get a text, If I was you I would just Get an iPhone like I have getting the new one now the iPhone 3G s, Since my iPhone 3G went for a wash, As Sky knows :(.

This appears to only work in certain countries.. luck of the draw, I suppose.

Firstly this service is not totally free. Secondly it is not work in all countries. I am tired of this services where they promise you Free SMS or Free International Calls and at the end all this is less than nothing.

Hmmm I bet this doesn't even work, Like the App store I tried getting similar to this however it took 30 minutes for them to get a text, If I was you I would just Get an iPhone like I have getting the new one now the iPhone 3G s, Since my iPhone 3G went for a wash, As Sky knows

I prefer to use the free sms sending in the cell phone company´s website. It is the only way that I can sure you that you will have free SMS.

This plugin are full of malware and adware, also. I don´t recommend that you install this potencial dangerous plugins in your browsers.

Please don´t fall in the cheating of this "free service" that will cost you reinstall your OS or in the lucky cases reinstall your browser.

I hope my opinion help somebody.

Regards.

I agree with fermin. Even though I am not worried about spyware or malware as there is adequate protection in my system, but I am more reluctant to use my mobile number or may be even the friends number for sending messages. Usually people send messages to his/her own mobile to test if it works or not. And since the services are free, people try sending to different numbers to see if it works. This way these service providers collect huge number of mobile numbers, which can be misused for spamming.And yes, our own mobile service providers website are a bit safer, but usually not many of the mobile operators provide free sms service on internet. So who get the chance are lucky.

Edited by BCD (see edit history)

Hmmm I bet this doesn't even work, Like the App store I tried getting similar to this however it took 30 minutes for them to get a text, If I was you I would just Get an iPhone like I have getting the new one now the iPhone 3G s, Since my iPhone 3G went for a wash, As Sky knows :excl:.

:):( :LOL!!!!:
I am sorry, but when Ash said this on Xfire via Voice chat I HAD to laugh. I was laughing for 3 minutes, though he didn't think it was at all amusing! :angel: So..he opened the washing machines door and ended up with a little flood on the floor. I'm sure his parents thought that was quite amusing to see the floor flooded. :excl: He left it out to dry, and tried to use it. But what do you know...? It worked. :excl:

ON-TOPIC:

Nope. that "Free SMS" addon as Mozilla calls it does not work. My friend never even got the text at all. Quite rubbish and waste of time...I wasted 20 precious minutes for it to work, but found out it was a damn waste, and that the text was never received. :) Such a shame.