xisto Community
Mermaid711

Why Do I Keep Seeing The Same Person In My Dreams?

So it's been a really really REALLY long time since I've gotten a good night's sleep.I keep seeing the same person in my dreams every night, and when I see them, it's almost as if I realize that I'm dreaming and then it's like I'm not asleep at all, just halucinating.This is really frustrating because I don't know what's causing it. This person is a real person but the problem is who I'm dreaming about is who he used to be, not who he is now.The dreams are like. . .well. . .what should have been. . .what needs to be but isn't, and now it's too late.Am I losing my mind?

I don't know if you're losing your mind or not, but I can provide you with a helpful tip.When you're dreaming and you realize that you're dreaming, you can take control of it. That sounds weird but it's really fun! You could solve your problem by thinking of why you're always dreaming the same thing, and after you realize why, you can solve it in the dream. You can simply take control of the dream after you realize it's a dream, this happens because your unconscious mind isn't as "smart" as the rest of the brain. When I dream, I constantly search for things that just shouldn't be happening, like clocks acting really weird or if you dream that you're an adult (hehehe).That's all I can say...

well dreams for the most part, is your brain making connections, as to what your feeling and thinking..i think that it by dreaming him being a good person, your brain is illustrating how you somehow in your heart do not want to move on completely from the good image you have to him in your brain.. almost as if your just wishfully thinking..i know you might think, waaa not even, but think about it..how was your relationship with this person in the past?

Dreams are creepy. I tend to ignore them ever since I figured out it is possible to manipulate them with your state of mind just before falling asleep. I'm not sure if this still works, because I tend not to dream much anymore now that I'm sleeping about 4 hours a day... Ordinary dreams usually mean little, but recurring dreams could indicate some sort of mental or emotional discomfort.

wish fullfillment or just wishfull thinking? i don't think it's either. reoccuring dreams to me are the ones you need to pay attention to. the are dreams that have the ability to teach you something if you pay attention. if you ask me, you need to really pay attention to how the changes affected you....or if you want to be really insihtfull, how any changes affected THAT person. sounds more like you being afraid of something....so your fear of WHAT. either you need some cosure on something or you're having some sort of vision you need to pay attention to. in either case, i would take it serious. not any wishfull thinking mumbo jumbo...
posting about it here wont give you the answers btw.... YOU need to pay attention

Freud famously said that all dreams were wish fulfilment, thus you dream what you want.

I keep seeing the same person in my dreams every night, and when I see them, it's almost as if I realize that I'm dreaming and then it's like I'm not asleep at all, just halucinating.

This phenomenon is called Lucid dreaming: you're aware that you're dreaming, which means that you may have some power over your dream, quite as Baniboy said.

However, you must be a bit cautious at how you react when lucid dreaming. There are several risks about trying to take control of your dream out of the blue. Let's say that, following your comparation of your experience with hallucinating, you can have a bad trip with lucid dreaming.

I once had this kind of dreams: I remember dreaming about being in a field or something like that, and I couldn't move forwards nor backwards unless something happened, and I had to reach someone else who was also in that field. The thing is that when I woke up I couldn't remember WHAT had to happen to be able to move! So when I had this dream, I knew it was a dream, I was kind of lucid but yet, I didn't want to wake up until I found out what was that thing that had to happen... really annoying.

Anyway, it happened for a couple months, then it just left. I had few lucid dreaming since then.

My suggestion is that you first read and research about this lucid dreaming... there a few things you must know for your own safety before experimenting or playing around with your subconcious. When I had this problem, I found a featured book on this subject in Wikibooks.org, which is rather recommendable. Here's the link.

Good luck!

DREAMING, SAME PERSON..Why Do I Keep Seeing The Same Person In My Dreams?

This isnt the first time ive had a dream with me & this person getting close. He use to be a very good friend of mine but we grew apart, had a crush on him (he knew), but never happened... currently now I see him here & there. When I get theses dreams its ether us having sex, or kissing. But its funny cause we have never kissed or had sex, ha just in my dreams. I still like him, I still get butterflies when I see him with out fail. I don't know if I wanna get rid of these kind of dreams cause its something I really want is him, but I unfortunately cant, I just want to know what these dreams mean. Like is SHOULD happen, or its GOING to happen, or its NEVER going to happen, I don't know I get a headache thinking about it & I need help.

HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! S.O.S

-question by FRANKSTER

I was thinking that when people have dreams that they don't like, thatchanging their routine might help in stopping these dreams.For example, moving the furniture in the bedroom might help.Maybe even sleeping in a different room.Perhaps even diet might have something to do with it.Maybe playing light classical music or something in thebackground when you sleep might help.I'm not a big fan of dreams either. It's like you are forced towatch a movie in the middle of your sleep.

I don't have any idea why we have dreams but I only dreams when I sleep long time. When I tired and wishing to do something, I have dream. I see dreams when I sleep in daytime. I think you thinks about the person or if you don't you mind has special stamp of that person so that person is repeating on your dream. You should try who is the person for you and what you want to do with ?

Do you like how that person in your dream changed? Do you think that they changed for the better? Because if not, your subconcious might be trying to pinpoint when/where/what went wrong in that person's life, for you to then fix it.I often have dreams the way you describe it, and as Baniboy said, I often take control of these dreams because they are very useful creative tool for me. Although it took me a little while to learn, I can now rewind, pause, zoom in, fast-forward... all sorts of useful things for a writer/editor trying to make a story better.However, if you really do not want the dreams, here is a little tip. It was taught me by a friend and, although not totally foolproof, it works often enough for me. When you go to bed, take a glass of water. Drink that very slowly in your bed, and consciously slow your breathing. Then lay down and close your eyes, still trying to keep your breathing nice, even and slow. When you start drifting off, think very clearly to yourself that you do not want to dream this night. Try and make this the very last conscious thought you have. Although your subconscious takes over at night, I found that often sleep quietly through the night with that technique!Hope this helps!

Here's what you do. You jack the nearest stereo, pop in some Frank Sinatra, preferably something like "Fly Me to the Moon," and walk up to him. With your most seductive voice, you tell him that you've been dreaming about him, and how he used to be. If you're having these dreams, it's most likely a phase. Dreams route from the subconscious, so it is obvious that you have been having underlying thoughts about this person, regretful or not. So, when you're in an imbalance and your mind has that bit of uncertainty captured within its confines, your true sentiments surface in your dreams. Often they are exaggerations, or else the Freudian complex in the lot of us would be a troubling thought to bare, but they exist and are very much real. I think the best way you can overcome this is by talking to the said person. That, or distract yourself from it entirely until it becomes obsolete, which works just fine when paired with hot fudge brownies, games, scary movies, parties, and pets. But some times, pardon my opinion, I think nostalgic dreams are fun to have.

dreams about the same person...Why Do I Keep Seeing The Same Person In My Dreams?

I have dreams in which the same person shows up again and again... The problem is that I don't know this person. He shows up in my dreams only, but in real life I don't know anyone like him. The dreams are never bad, but I find it weird because he keeps showing up, and seems to know me (and I seem to know him in the dreams, and recognize him from others when I wake up). 

I have no idea what this means... Any ideas?

-reply by Migi

So I've had a similar experience, where I keep seeing the same person in my dream, only I've never met this person outside of my dreams. He shows up maybe a few times a year, as a character in the dream (upon waking I recognize him as the same person as was in other dreams), generally ending up being my lover. This has been happening for six or so years, starting sometime in middle school. He's grown with me: when I was in middle school he was a middle schooler, and kind of short. Now he's almost six foot. Any thoughts?

reaccurring dreamWhy Do I Keep Seeing The Same Person In My Dreams?I have been having some really weird dreams for about two months but in the end something amazing happens... In my dream I am being chased through the middle of the woods at midnight when all of the sudden my boyfriend comes out of no where and saves my life then he proposes if anyone has any idea wat this could mean please let me know I am desprate to find out-reply by Samantha Fedd