xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xavier1280

Interesting Question To Ask. Web Conferencing

I am currently working as a freelancer to develop websites for companies. I got a Question to ask, I've asked many forums and they seemed uncertain on answering my query.

I am currently developing a site for a school who requires me to implement web conferencing and video conferencing to conduct live meeting with participants. students in this instance, as well as a virtual classroom with lab simulations from a web based application and interaction with students remotely. They want to be able to view/download Assessment Labs, Lecture Notes, virtual labs.. A little similar to Blackboard.

They also want to have shopping cart with appropriate packages with paypal integrated to purchase products and make payments. They want to use Secure Payment (SSL Certificate) With different methods of online payment. i.e. credit card, direct debit payment. It also needs recurring payment.

I did some research on google. I come across dimdim and electalive. I'm still uncertain on the process of how to go about impementing these features.

Thanks.

try https://tokbox.com/ as a start.

It's a server that gives your flash application the ability to connect peer-to-peer or in a sort of room connection.

The rest of the functions will depend on your programming of the flash application.

I used it to make my own webcam application. Ok it doesn't work 100% but that is because of my code.

Moodle should support a majority of this stuff. You could also integrate your own live conferencing application into it to make it work the way you want. I'm not really sure how all of that would work, but mostly what you're asking for is just a classroom-based setting (which Moodle is set up for, and it's open source so you can download it for free and adapt it however you wish).