xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fractured.Logic

The Young Dragons & The Celtic Knot I created this from scratch with Illustrator

It's just the linework, for now, but I had to share it with you folks. If you look, very carefully, there are slight differences between the dragons... enough to subtly differentiate gender. Copypasting a perfectly symmetrical linework would have been way too easy :(

Now, for this one, this is going to be one of my very special "babies". So if you want to work with it, you have to ask me for permission first. I'm going to be very particular about this piece, since the design is fully unique to my warped little self :angel:

Posted Image

Haha. Although you meant that as a joke, you are right :angel: Now, I did not have that joke in mind, of course. The story behind the drawing is:It wasn't until I was nearly finished with the top one that I decided its midsection, shoulders and hips looked more like a male dragon... and those were among the things I altered when I played around with the female dragon. I had originally intended to follow the symbolic pattern of two gender-inspecific dragons chasing each other's tails... but after the sketch started to take on more personality, I decided to make it a capture of sibling dragons instead.On a sidenote, I have recently discovered that I forgot to interweave two other arms of the celtic knotwork into the bigger picture. So I will be posting the changes once I have time to work on that. After that is finished, I will submit the linework to my torturous CGI techniques. So keep in touch. :(